It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiguelSanchez
Reddit Thread updated with live info an all the live stream links

www.reddit.com...

Sad times for Australia. Hope it all ends soon

Sad time for the world really. If a backwater location like Australia is being targeted you can bet there will be others.

What a sh
t time of the year to do it. Nobody wins in war except the people that make the bullets.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Yuck i recall reading about that sick freak and he should have been deported long ago! Why does our government allow people that reoffend and commit such disgusting crimes to stay here!!!!

Repeat offenders, on trial for all sorts crimes cannot function in our society.

People like this individual be they in Australia, USA, or Mars need to be extinguished. I understand some people that want to be passive, forgiving, and reformative in their nature, but unfortunately these types of individuals cannot be reformed. Something is missing, broken and can not be fixed, hence death penalty.

A $1 bullet, and $50 cremation will save society, chaos, grief, taxes, legal battles, and future heinous crimes. Anyone that thinks different should live in close proximity, without any protection near these types, and I would wager their minds would change very quickly.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
More hostages out ...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: Xarian6

The Police imposed a media blanket - much like not supplying oxygen and petrol to a bushfire ...

The Police are brilliant in Australia then....my hats off to them.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I would venture to say the reason he is not dead yet is that there is a true threat. Local authorities are probably scrambling looking into the leads and trying to see if they can shut down the secondary threat before the first is taken care of.

We also do not know if he has anything inside the cafe either. This is no lone gunman nut. He has an organization that I am sure is ready to react also to what happens today.

We can only hope that all those innocents involved will be released unharmed. But if this is someone who would kill a spouse, rape and terrorize the families of war victims...we have a problem on our hands.

Like I said a couple pages back, it's possible he has partners that are making their decision based on what happens at the cafe. So anything happens to him and they can still do what he wishes for. Or maybe they aren't just following him, in which case if they somehow talk him out of his plans, they can still carry out the plan.

That would certainly make police think twice before dealing with him.

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: Don001

Thanks for the link. The guy sounds like a complete nutcase. Iranian claiming to be an ISIS operative is plain stupid. Asking the authorities for an ISIS flag is just dumb.

I hope everyone gets out alive.

I'm wondering, if it's possible he asked for the flag to help escalate the fear or seriousness surrounding the story. The possibility of this being ISIS related certainly changed the way some were thinking about this.
edit on 15-12-2014 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
how many did leave the building right now ? 6 ? were they hostages ?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Yuck i recall reading about that sick freak and he should have been deported long ago! Why does our government allow people that reoffend and commit such disgusting crimes to stay here!!!!

Repeat offenders, on trial for all sorts crimes cannot function in our society.

People like this in Australia, USA, or Mars for all I care need to be extinguished. I understand some people that want to be passive, forgiving, and reformative in their nature, but unfortunately these types of individuals cannot be reformed. Something is missing, broken and can not be fixed, hence death penalty.

A $1 bullet, and $50 cremation will save society, chaos, grief, taxes, legal battles, and future heinous crimes. Anyone that thinks different should live in close proximity, without any protection near these types, and I would wager their minds would change very quickly.

Aaaah, the simplest solution. Kill that dog as it can't be seen as a human.

Stammtischreden, that is the German word for it. It is the way for people who have to deal with a ever becoming more complex world, which their mind cannot comprehend much further. Their solutions are the most simple "kill and have a bastard less on the streets!", the most drastic "to warn the others" and they are absolutely sure that they themselves will never be on the wrong side of a lawful gun because they are so rightous.

In fact they are so very wrong.

Taking a humans live by law doesn't make the streets more safe. If you don't believe statistics and studies, take a look at countries which still use the death penalty. Do they seem so much more safer than, let's say, the Swiss. Or Shanghai. Those must have the death penalty in use, too?

It is a morale dilemma: a person in prison can't do anything bad to society. But what afterwards? Therefore, taking the person out of misery by death is the solution?

Nope. It doesn't solve anything. Still murders on the streets. It didn't work and there is no perspective that it will ever do so.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I see guys in EOD outfits now. I think that there will be a resolution to this fairly soon. I just hope that it turns out well for those left in the building.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There were supposedly packages in the opera house and hospital had a suspicious package and earlier reports of more than one, think if it all turns out to be one it is somehow a coverup for something bigger that they averted, but don't want the public to know about.

And why on earth was this particular man out on bail? If the public was good and angry and the city was wired up in a bigger plot, they might demand that some high risk immigrants be deported, new immigrants be strictly vetted and no one is released on bail that is a danger to the community as this man may have been if he is who they say he is.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
That reddit link just posted this:

A loud bang was heard before the group ran out - another bang has just been reported to be heard

reddit
edit on 15/12/2014 by LukeDAP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
the raid has started

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Another hostage has just been released-poor guy was terrified.

JESUS CHRIST THEY JUST MOVED IN.

EDIT: they cops did not screw around, it was over in seconds, a lost of banging and at least one was a flashbang. the paramedics are swooping in and one hostage has been rescued. It's chaos.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yep, looks like somethings happening. I hope everyone's ok.

link   
Police have stormed the cafe after a number of hostages had escaped and gunshots have fired.

link   
Oh my god flashbangs and very loud explosions and they raided the building

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Flash bangs and stun grenades used. Possible gunfire as well being reported. Watching the EOD go in as well.

link   
That came out of nowhere, more gunfire as i type!

link   
Live TV feed
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
are they going in?

whats happening?

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join