It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I think the NSW police have done a pretty good job, considering the situation has lasted over 13 hours and no one has been harmed yet. Negotiations must be working to some extent. Otherwise, he would already be apprehended.

I've read that he has threatened that bombs are located inside the cafe, and in the city. Sky News says that police may not have yet raided the cafe, as the terrorist could be using a dead man's switch.

news.sky.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Someone told him - they were Male virgins ...

It has slowed reactions.

There are agecies involved that we know little to nothing of.

SAS are as of now - not needed.

( yet may well be in place )

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is pretty ridiculous!

Do they really think they can start taking buildings in whichever City and put an ISIS flag in the window?

And get away with it?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Channel 9 have just identified the suspect. I don't really want to post details, but he's been in the news before.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Don001

Don't post it up mate !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't think that this nut job is apart of ISIS, i think he is simply a wannabe.

I hope that a sniper puts a hollow-point between his eyes.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I will...here you go....

www.9news.com.au...

Radical Muslim cleric xxxxxxxxxxxxxs has been revealed to be the ringleader in the Sydney cafe siege that has seen up to 30 people held hostage for more than 10 hours.

xxxxxxx was born xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi and fled from Iran to Australia in 1996 where he changed his name to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and assuming the title of xxxxxxxxx.

He has gained media attention in the past for a "hate mail" campaign, protesting the presence of Australian troops in Afghanistan.

The campaign saw him and his partner Amirah Droudis post hate-filled letters to the families of dead Australian soldiers.

The family of Brett Till, an Australian solder killed by a roadside bomb in 2009, was just one of the families who received a letter.

Read more at www.9news.com.au...

and he is....wait for it....IRanian by birth. I am sure that will stir up some folks...I won't repost his name though...

This is why when they are known something should be done.
edit on 12am31amfu2014-12-15T07:57:24-06:000724 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
He can only hold out for so long, I would think anyway. Something has to done about these people, because they seem to be getting closer and closer to us with every stupid stunt they pull.

Hopefully he gets dealt with and the hostages get away without any injuries.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
BREAKING !

Hostage taker identity released -An Iranian bad ass criminal - name will be out there - just breaking now !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Not because he is from Iran but because he has lived among us since 96 and hates our way of life. I thought the poms were bad.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well his details have been made public by the media and the info has been cleared by the police for release.

He's on bail in connection to a murder, known for sending hate mail to deceased soldiers families and also a string of sexual/violent offences?

link   
a reply to: Timely

Man harow manez -an Iranian cleric.

*sp.

link   
dp
edit on 15-12-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

link   
Well they have lifted the ban on naming the gunman now. A man done for sexual harassment / assault + hate mail! What a lovely gent

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Unfortunately he sounds like a guy with nothing to lose.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

You beat me to it. What I want to know is as a Muslim, how does this:

In April this year he was charged with sexually assaulting seven women while working as a spiritual healer in Wentworthville, where he claimed to be an expert in astrology, numerology, meditation and black magic.

Compute with the faith? What branch, if any, is ok with that stuff? As far as I knew, I thought no Islamic sects supported the alternative/occult-y stuff at all? (I'd rather hear an explanation from our Muslim members, if that's ok, not just non-Muslim hearsay)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm confused.. there are a few problems with the rhetoric vs how it's being handled.

We are told they don't know what his demands are.. yet many of us by now have watched 3 videos of exactly what his demands are

They are repeatedly spinning the excuse to not show those videos of "we dont want to draw attention to the incident" .. yet.. it's all over TV like a rash..?

I'm starting to get the idea the further threat of extra devices is real, as all the videos add that as a fact.
Yet they are telling people to go into Sydney tomorrow as if everything's a-ok

Are they playing a very dangerous game? trying to downplay the larger threat and focusing on martin pl, if they ignore the real threat it'll just go away eh..?

The problem now lies in the fact that many are now privy to that larger problem.. and if they drop the ball on this BIG questions will be asked as to why certain facts (that may save many lives) were omitted from the public record in real time.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hope he is busting for a # 2's !

Just a moron ! He will be lucky to see the light of day !

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

You beat me to it. What I want to know is as a Muslim, how does this:

In April this year he was charged with sexually assaulting seven women while working as a spiritual healer in Wentworthville, where he claimed to be an expert in astrology, numerology, meditation and black magic.

Compute with the faith? What branch, if any, is ok with that stuff? As far as I knew, I thought no Islamic sects supported the alternative/occult-y stuff at all? (I'd rather hear an explanation from our Muslim members, if that's ok, not just non-Muslim hearsay)

Oh and dont forget,

In October XXXXX was charged with an extra 40 sexual offences relating to his work as a spiritual healer.

He is currently on bail and due to appear in court over indecent and sexual assault charges in February 2015.

www.9news.com.au... y-hostage-taker-named-as-man-monis

Someone just shoot this maggot!
edit on 15-12-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join