It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

What's especially more extraordinary is that this report was released by congress and not by any specific whistleblowers.

No it was released by 8 Democrats who hold the 'majority' on the Senate Intelligence Commitee.

WHO KNEW what was going on, and now 'feign' ignorance.

In September 2002, four members of Congress met in secret for a first look at a unique CIA program designed to wring vital information from reticent terrorism suspects in U.S. custody. For more than an hour, the bipartisan group, which included current House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), was given a virtual tour of the CIA's overseas detention sites and the harsh techniques interrogators had devised to try to make their prisoners talk.

www.washingtonpost.com...

time.com...

time.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Xtrozero

No it shifted from 'waterboarding, and torture' was evil.

To its just better to killing them outright with drones.

You mean versus Bush invading two sovereign countries, one of which factually posed zero threat to us (Iraq). And, causing at least 200,000 civilian deaths in Iraq alone?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Well then I guess congress should not have authorized it.

en.wikipedia.org...

And then Clinton should have voted no.

Biden should have voted no.

Kerry should have voted no.

And FEINSTEIN, and the rest should have voted NO.

www.govtrack.us...
edit on 9-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18749733]SkepticOverlord[/post

Many people who work for and have worked for the CIA have already came out and said this report is full of outright lies. This is Obamas move to deflect attention away from the Obamacare disaster. Hitting Congress the same day that his fellow crook Gruber is set to testify is so obvious its not funny, let alone the fact that this will only create more problems for our people overseas.

Obama is taunting people to do something about him, I wish someone would because he is so out of control anymore , he is the worst wannabee President we have ever had by 100. Yes he is that bad. He does not show anyone respect, thinks he is untouchable no matter what he does anymore and has already been diagnosed a psychopath by many doctors. If someone dose not stop him, he will start something to get a whole lot of Americans killed.

The more he gets away with, will only quicken the pace of these stunts and America may not be able to recover back to its former self by time he is gone.. Hell I could see him doing something drastic to keep himself in power.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Yes, never mind the full extent of the despicable things done to to prisoners despite assurances over the years that it was within legal parameters. Nawp, not important because RUUUUUSE! It's all a ruse ya fools!

The only fools are the ones brushing off things like kidnapping a mentally retarded relative to pry info out of someone, threatening prisoners' kids, torturing completely innocent people, etc. Nothing of the sort is right and you damn well know it. Ignoring the report isn't going to do any good, it's just a license to continue. At least with it being public, the fiery focal point of the magnifying glass is going to make some people very, very uncomfortable and hopefully reluctant to carry on.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
The more he gets away with, will only quicken the pace of these stunts and America may not be able to recover back to its former self by time he is gone.. Hell I could see him doing something drastic to keep himself in power.

The great irony in all of that, is that you actually can blame Bush for signing the law that Obama can potentially use to suspend a presidential election indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- One of the reported architects of the interrogation program blasted in a scathing Senate Intelligence Committee report released on Tuesday told CNN "it's a partisan pile of bull----."

"Nothing was done to those detainees that aren't done to our servicemen and women, and women, by our own training programs," he said.

www.cnn.com...

Now that I do believe,, not anything that comes out of Diane Feinsteins' mouth. Especially when it was pushed by pathological LIERS!!!! 55 Million for a report, what they hell? Did they go get the papers in new bullet proof Lamborghini's to avoid the CIA from Langley to the house of Congress? LOL.

The only thing that Americans will be pissed about is the money spent on this report and Obama's obvious attempts to harm our men and women overseas.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

WHO KNEW what was going on, and now 'feign' ignorance.

You're kind of missing the point of all this; 7 Key Points From the C.I.A. Torture Report

1. The C.I.A.’s interrogation techniques were more brutal and employed more extensively than the agency portrayed.
2. The C.I.A. interrogation program was mismanaged and was not subject to adequate oversight.
3. The C.I.A. misled members of Congress and the White House about the effectiveness and extent of its brutal interrogation techniques.
4. Interrogators in the field who tried to stop the brutal techniques were repeatedly overruled by senior C.I.A. officials.
5. The C.I.A. repeatedly underreported the number of people it detained and subjected to harsh interrogation techniques under the program.
6. At least 26 detainees were wrongfully held and did not meet the government’s standard for detention.
7. The C.I.A. leaked classified information to journalists, exaggerating the success of interrogation methods in an effort to gain public support.

The CIA, being the experts they are, lied, misled and operated almost entirely on their own in this regard. People need to be tried for crimes against humanity and put in prison over this. This is not the time to be defending one administration or another.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

The great irony in all of that, is that you actually can blame Bush for signing the law that Obama can potentially use to suspend a presidential election indefinitely.

I had serious problems with Bush as well so your point is? It was more than likely done for Obama anyway. They are all in on the big plan but Obama is doing a lot of personal crap as well. So much so they might try to do him like Kennedy. You do not stab the CIA in the back and get away with it like he has with our military. His Secrete service is probably throwing their hands in the air now, like WTF!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
"I want to be absolutely clear with our people and the world: The United States does not torture."
George W. Bush 2006

edit on 9-12-2014 by rupertg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Says Feinstein.

Who I don't believe one word of what she says.

Biggest reason is because of the LIES she put in her gun control bill.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Says Feinstein???

This report was generated from the Senate Intelligence committee by a 14-1 vote! This is the result of one of the most bipartisan moves in recent history. This may have been chaired by Feinstein but the whole of the senate intel. committee approved and released this, GOP and Dem alike.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am going to skip this report. I can do with out the nauseating read.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Very good America

The first step in fixing a problem is to identify it. As for just who done what and what sense of justice is made from it all will be a long and rocky road. It does signal a turn in the tide though with a change in official policy. The wheels of government do move slow and improvement will take time, but is good to see things starting to move in a better direction.
edit on 9-12-2014 by kwakakev because: changed 'well done' for 'very good'

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

14-1 eh ?

The final report was approved by a vote of 9-6 with 7 Democrats, 1 Independent (Angus King), and 1 Republican (Susan Collins) voting in favor of publication and 6 Republicans voting in opposition

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

14-1 eh ?

The final report was approved by a vote of 9-6 with 7 Democrats, 1 Independent (Angus King), and 1 Republican (Susan Collins) voting in favor of publication and 6 Republicans voting in opposition

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmm.

"Accuracy" is my question.

And the "investigation" started when?

Under Obama.

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Check this out, and guess who said it.

FORGET, for the moment, what we knew and when we knew it. Assume that we knew it all -- and even, by some miracle, had kept hijackers with boxcutters from turning airliners into missiles. Where would the United States be now in the fight against global terrorism?

'I have no question in my mind that had it not been for 9/11 -- and I'd do anything if it hadn't happened -- that it would have been business as usual,'' said Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California. ''It took that real attack, I think, to kind of shiver our timbers enough to let us know that the threat is profound, that we have to do some things that historically we have not wanted to do to protect ourselves.''

www.nytimes.com...

Senator Feinstein.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Accuracy" is my question.

Accuracy ?

From the same people who gave us the affordable 'care' act.

The same people who said there's not a 'smidgen' of corruption at the IRS.

Is now telling us the CIA went' 'rogue' !!!!!

LOL this is effing unbelievable.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I was referring to the initial vote to start the investigation. Senate Releases Historic CIA Torture Report Condemning Bush-Era Detainee Treatment

The Senate Intelligence Committee originally voted 14-1 to begin an investigation into the Bush administration's secret detention, rendition, and interrogation practices in March of 2009.

What the committee learned after the investigation is what that 9-6 vote was. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if those 9 hadn't voted the way they did. We wouldn't know the extent of what transpired...we might still not know the full extent. We're better off for knowing it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Apologists should ask themselves then be able to point out what good any of this has gotten the US. Did it make us safer?

Force feeding through the anus? What kind of mind comes up with that? Isn't penetration without permission rape?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join