It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
To the people of the world:

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for all the sick and twisted # my nation does..on the regular...apparently for #s and giggles. Rest assured, those whom I speak to from day to day would generally feel the same if they weren't so damn ignorant to anything outside their sphere of influence.

I am just at a loss of words and that's rare for me.

Its not just America to blame.

If you read some of the innocent victims accounts after being released and interviewed a consistant theme is that MI6 and MI5 were normaly involved alongside there CIA counter parts or conducting interagations of there own.

Infact I would put money on it that a lot of the non released pages delt with the UK and other key allies involvement.

UK intelligance has at the very least been active in both GITMO and the salt pit.

Indeed, I am sure the list of accomplices and foreign agents alike would go on and on. How many nations were in the Coalition of the Willing? I'd be willing to wager 80% or more were directly complicit and/or involved.

Even still, it fair to assume that every government has dirty hands. I don't know, it simply baffles me that such cruelty exists period. I guess that's why they say "kill one and you're a murder, kill them all and you're a conquerer."

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

From the released acounts we got from interviews in our newspapers they only seem to mention American and Brits with torture. I think one mentioned German intelligance but they were not involved in the torture just queationing.

These were only accounts from a few. They may not have been aware of other agencys working or other agancys may not have been intrested in those few but involved in others.

Torture in UK intelligance dates back longer than the US to the northen island problems in the 80's and 90's .

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So, is this what the average German felt like during the Holocaust? Probably not quite the same...but I don't like the feeling that this gives me. As an American. As a human being.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know, that was only the left wing Feinstein (and Pelosi) loving liberals point of view. She only released it because she was on the way out and could stand back and watch the fireworks. The only thing this is going to do is make the crazy radicals have another reason to kidnap someone and treat them brutally.
This is pure anti-American politics at work. Support her and you support the radicals.
And yes, I worked out of the Afghan holding areas. No, nothing like this happened. There is a big difference between torture like the radicals and third world use and sleep deprivation we used.
Anti-American radicals are anti-American, whether they are in congress or the battle field. The 1960's peace sign is another symbol of the radical anti-American left...by the way, the peace sign stands for "foot print of the american chicken".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
You know, that was only the left wing Feinstein (and Pelosi) loving liberals point of view. She only released it because she was on the way out and could stand back and watch the fireworks. The only thing this is going to do is make the crazy radicals have another reason to kidnap someone and treat them brutally.
This is pure anti-American politics at work. Support her and you support the radicals.
And yes, I worked out of the Afghan holding areas. No, nothing like this happened. There is a big difference between torture like the radicals and third world use and sleep deprivation we used.
Anti-American radicals are anti-American, whether they are in congress or the battle field. The 1960's peace sign is another symbol of the radical anti-American left...by the way, the peace sign stands for "foot print of the american chicken".

I agree that the release and timing of the release could be political. But overall, the realease the document today is very positive. It shows the American people, those not awake like us on ATS, what's really going on. They would like to believe that we don't torture and the Americans have a higher standard than the rst of the world. We don't, we kill and torture as well as the best of them. Sure, nothing like North Korea and some of the rest but we aren't the shining beacon of peace that we think we are. The ideal is Captain America...the reality is something much darker and not always for freedom, but for corporations and big oil. Think about the nearly $50 billion that Haliburton, Dick Cheney and Bush and those guys made off of the Iraq war. That's what torturing other human beings benefits.

You said sleep deprivation but if you read the document, you'll see "frozen to death" "Starvation" "non stop torture" "Broken bones" "Near drowning" "Rectal feeding" and more.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't give a rat's ass who released this, the fact of the matter is that it's right there in brief, and it's both nauseating, and damned humiliating. THIS CRAP is WHY we're hated abroad, don't try to downplay that with partisan bullsnip. Our government is such an expert at the game of hypocrisy, but this is simply a massive middle finger to the world, while we stomp our feet & demand others do as we say (but not as we do!)

I'm still reading the report, but it's been awful reading thus far. We Americans elect the animals who put the depraved beasts in charge of these pits of hell

edit on 12/9/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I don't give a rat's ass who released this, the fact of the matter is that it's right there in brief, and it's both nauseating, and damned humiliating. THIS CRAP is WHY we're hated abroad, don't try to downplay that with partisan bullsnip. Our government is such experts at the game of hypocrisy, but this is simply a massive middle finger to the world, while we stomp our feet & demand others do as we say (but not as we do!)

I'm still reading the report, but it's been awful reading thus far. We Americans elect the animals who put the depraved beasts in charge of these pits of hell

Amen! And it needs to come to light! The truth is never wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I don't give a rat's ass who released this, the fact of the matter is that it's right there in brief, and it's both nauseating, and damned humiliating. THIS CRAP is WHY we're hated abroad, don't try to downplay that with partisan bullsnip. Our government is such an expert at the game of hypocrisy, but this is simply a massive middle finger to the world, while we stomp our feet & demand others do as we say (but not as we do!)

Maybe by the general public, but every country tortures people in the dark closets and back rooms of their powers to get the information right. It has always and will always be how it is done. The US is just unfortunate enough to have a paper trail wound up in politics that other countries are smart enough to dispose of.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kdyam

Maybe by the general public, but every country tortures people in the dark closets and back rooms of their powers to get the information right. It has always and will always be how it is done. The US is just unfortunate enough to have a paper trail wound up in politics that other countries are smart enough to dispose of.

We're better than these other countries. We don't need to do that. Sounds like you would like to live in a country like that?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I don't know S.O....I think the white house and congress were well aware of what was going on, as opposed to what is said in their response to this information being revealed. this went on over many years, and there were plenty of official off-the-record-meetings between the alphabet agencies and our government institutions, that we (the public) are not privy to. I remain skeptical at the least.

Excellent point!

This may all be a whitewash to exonerate the white house.

The CIA’s name is already mud so why not muddy it some more to hide the guilt of BUSH, Cheney AND Obama

(post by AngryCymraeg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The C.I.A.’s 1963 interrogation manual stated:

Intense pain is quite likely to produce false confessions, concocted as a means of escaping from distress. A time-consuming delay results, while investigation is conducted and the admissions are proven untrue. During this respite the interrogatee can pull himself together. He may even use the time to think up new, more complex ‘admissions’ that take still longer to disprove.

Senator John McCain explains, based upon his own years of torture:

I know from personal experience that the abuse of prisoners sometimes produces good intelligence but often produces bad intelligence because under torture a person will say anything he thinks his captors want to hear — true or false — if he believes it will relieve his suffering. Often, information provided to stop the torture is deliberately misleading.
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It is terrible to think about family and loved ones of the MIA and kidnapped being held captive right now, this news may be the blue print for what those individuals can expect rather than a future release.

Edit to say they have no right to be angry about these reports as long as they continue to traffic in humans treating them in the most heinous of ways. That they can do unspeakable torture to generations of slaves is beyond horrendous.

edit on pm1231pmTue, 09 Dec 2014 18:04:18 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This reminds me of Snowden when he came out with the NSA ‘”bombshell”

Regarding US torture
What else is new?

A country that would drop an atomic bomb on innocent civilians and murder over 200 thousand of them will have I’m sure little trepidation about torturing a few of their enemies and I am sure it will continue to torture

This is a white wash imo to protect the higher ups

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

And yet at no stage will the people of the free world rise up and say enough is enough of this parasite known as the CIA. These pricks have started every major war in modern history and caused a level of hatred towards the US to permeate across the globe never before seen on such a large and overt scale, and in my opinion, this is by design.

The snakes at the top of the CIA will never be held to account because they are the strong-arm of the Banksters and until a revolution occurs to deconstruct the American political system and the alphabet agencies within it's midst then reports like this that verify the true nature of the CIA will fall on deaf ears.

So, which is worse, torture of humans or indifference towards torture of humans?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: kdyam

We're better than these other countries. We don't need to do that. Sounds like you would like to live in a country like that?

No I am not saying that. I am saying that every country has a dark secret when it comes to " torture" . America is not so vaunted as some would believe to understand that our national and individual freedoms have a dark side to them, it's common sense... not some my little pony world of make believe were we think we are better than everyone else because our # smells like roses. It's just too bad that our current administration is calling the kettle black by blaming something on the last administration (that spans back 3 or four other administrations) to deflect all of the crap they have dumped on us in the past 6 years.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

And yet at no stage will the people of the free world rise up and say enough is enough of this parasite known as the CIA. These pricks have started every major war in modern history and caused a level of hatred towards the US to permeate across the globe never before seen on such a large and overt scale, and in my opinion, this is by design.

The snakes at the top of the CIA will never be held to account because they are the strong-arm of the Banksters and until a revolution occurs to deconstruct the American political system and the alphabet agencies within it's midst then reports like this that verify the true nature of the CIA will fall on deaf ears.

So, which is worse, torture of humans or indifference towards torture of humans?

Round objects. Was the CIA responsible for the Napoleonic Wars, World War One or World War Two? Nope!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Republicans Argue Torture Helped America

Imagine
When they really take over.

WE WONT HAVE ANY SNOWDEN'S OR TORTURE REPORTS COMING OUT

The GOP wouldn’t even have released this report

They aren’t human anyway definitely would accept torture
AND THE WISE AMERICAN PEOPLE JUST VOTED THEM IN

This is a typical millionaires club (the US senate) playing good cop bad cop

With the hypocrite McCain pretending he gives a dam about torture

"The study essentially refuses to admit that CIA detainees, especially CIA detainees subjected to enhanced interrogation techniques, provided intelligence information which helped the United States government and its allies to neutralize numerous terrorist threats," said Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.), the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
The long-awaited report from the US Senate, into the torture methods used by the CIA, has finally been released after five years. Key findings include unnecessary rectal feeding as a torture method, conditions akin to mediaeval dungeons, rampant mismanagement, and a culture of deception to obscure and otherwise hide what was actually going on. Also, interrogators in the field who tried to stop the horrifically brutal techniques were consistently overruled by the CIA, while it also underreported the number of detainees being tortured. And, at least 26 detainees were brutally tortured who should never have been detained in the first place.

Senate Torture Report Condemns C.I.A. Interrogation Program

NYTIMES:
WASHINGTON — A scathing report released by the Senate Intelligence Committee on Tuesday found that the Central Intelligence Agency routinely misled the White House and Congress about the information it obtained from the detention and interrogation of terrorism suspects, and that its methods were more brutal than the C.I.A. acknowledged either to Bush administration officials or to the public.

The long-delayed report, which took five years to produce and is based on more than six million internal agency documents, is a sweeping indictment of the C.I.A.'s operation and oversight of a program carried out by agency officials and contractors in secret prisons around the world in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. It also provides a macabre accounting of some of the grisliest techniques that the C.I.A. used to torture and imprison terrorism suspects.

Also, the CIA leaked artificial "classified" information to journalists in an effort to prove that the brutal torture program was working.

The report is just now being analyzed, and I'm sure more shocking -- or not -- findings will be discovered.

Honestly, I am profoundly angry. I've known about all of this for a while, and the misdeeds of our military and intelligence community. But just like the NSA revelations, now it is out in the open.

I am profoundly angry that in my name as an American people are having their humans rights violated, being tortured, refused due process, etc. All of this flies in the face of all of the principles we supposedly hold dear as a country, i.e. universal and inalienable human rights.

Bush and Co. and anybody else complicit needs to be tried and imprisoned. If you don't agree, then honestly you are supporting war crimes and the fall of everything America supposedly stands for.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
can i ask why this is sooooo important? in other news, we have ISIS hacking off heads of Americans and others. Additionally, al Qaida - whom was not involved with hacking heads off with butter knives, now has seen the exposure that ISIS is getting - so guess what?? they are going to adopt the same tactics...

wah wah CIA torture was mismanaged - i say we drop the senate democrats off in the middle east for a day or two and see how it goes.

no?
edit on 9-12-2014 by mmorse32 because: Fixed error in type

edit on 9-12-2014 by mmorse32 because: same

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join