It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

We wouldn't be having this discussion had the left maintained control of the senate.

They lost.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Wasn't for the Bush administration, and the intel it gained from it.

The current guy couldn't have 'killed' bin laden.

I will say this with current events of Americans getting their heads cut off right, and left.

The release of those documents sure the hell hasn't made us safer.

Just put a bigger bullseye on their backs.

Why do people think military bases, and embassies around the world were issued alert status's yesterday.

The true evil here is playing politics with those lives.
edit on 9-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! STOP trying to make this a partisan issue!

They're all guilty as sin and should be slinking off to hide in the deepest, darkest hole available. Understand this is both parties, there are no clean hands here and no amount of partisan spinning should be allowed to hide that fact. They are monsters, inhuman monsters who have allowed this, and, I've no doubt, encouraged it.
Don't you realize that if they can do it to another human they can do it to YOU or your friends or relatives? Or maybe you're just hoping that all members of the Demopublican party will be exempt and only those who don't dance to their tunes will be tortured?
Torture is wrong. It was wrong when done under Shrub the First, it was wrong when done under Billary, it was wrong when done under Shrub the Second and it is wrong when done under the current occupant of the WH. Every flippin' one of them should be charged and tried.
Until we stand with one voice and say 'No more!" it will continue and our slide into pure evil will not end well.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Torture didn't lead to Osama bin Laden's death.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Well that's interesting.

Wonder why Zero Dark Thirty put that in there then.

After all they had and all access backstage pass to the White House for it.

Didn't work?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Of course the White House and Congress knew what was going on. This is a clear attempt by the Dems and Obama to vilify the Rep. party and the Bush administration just in time for the upcoming presidential elections.

Geez. I can't believe that's your take-away.

Anyways...so when does the CIA get dismantled? How much is enough?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

NYT

Cuz Hollywood said so? Really?

WASHINGTON — Months before the operation that killed Osama bin Laden in 2011, the Central Intelligence Agency secretly prepared a public-relations plan that would stress that information gathered from its disputed interrogation program had played a critical role in the hunt. Starting the day after the raid, agency officials in classified briefings made that point to Congress.

But in page after page of previously classified evidence, the Senate Intelligence Committee report on C.I.A. torture, released Tuesday, rejects the notion that torturing detainees contributed to finding Bin Laden — a conclusion that was also strongly implied in “Zero Dark Thirty,” the popular 2012 movie about the hunt for the Qaeda leader.
Continue reading the main story

“The vast majority of the intelligence” about the Qaeda courier who led the agency to Bin Laden “was originally acquired from sources unrelated to the C.I.A.’s detention and interrogation program, and the most accurate information acquired from a C.I.A. detainee was provided prior to the C.I.A. subjecting the detainee to the C.I.A.’s enhanced interrogation techniques,” the Senate report said.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Of course the White House and Congress knew what was going on. This is a clear attempt by the Dems and Obama to vilify the Rep. party and the Bush administration just in time for the upcoming presidential elections.

Geez. I can't believe that's your take-away.

Anyways...so when does the CIA get dismantled? How much is enough?

Glad you said it. I've been thinking that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I will say this with current events of Americans getting their heads cut off right, and left.

Why do people think military bases, and embassies around the world were issued alert status's yesterday.

Telling the truth about what we're doing didn't put us in more danger, everyone already knew/suspected it was going on. Actually taking those actions in the first place put us in more danger. What's the phrase people like to use? Actions have consequences?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Because Leon Panetta says so.

Zero Dark Thirty, the film about the hunt for and killing of Osama bin Laden, got a fresh infusion of buzz over the weekend when outgoing secretary of Defense Leon Panetta confirmedagain that enhanced interrogation techniques aided the effort to find bin Laden.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yo ?

Playing politics with the CIA put's us all in danger.

Think todays release had jacksnip to do with 'doing the right thing' ?

It doesn't.

Because if it did.

They would have released it 5 years ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Apologists should ask themselves then be able to point out what good any of this has gotten the US. Did it make us safer?

Force feeding through the anus? What kind of mind comes up with that? Isn't penetration without permission rape?

US law stops at the US border. In an area that no country claims legal jurisdiction over there is no such thing as rape laws (or any other law), and if there are such as rules established by a base commander they can be made to apply or not apply to only specific people. So legally speaking, no it wasn't rape.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Yo ?

Playing politics with the CIA put's us all in danger.

Think todays release had jacksnip to do with 'doing the right thing' ?

It doesn't.

Because if it did.

They would have released it 5 years ago.

Who cares what their motivations were? We're better off for knowing.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I really don't think this was mismanagement. We already know for a fact that we were intentionally misled into going into war.

And now we know illegal torture methods were used, that were known to illicit false confessions.

It was an illegal war, based on lies further perpetuated through illegal torture used to gather false evidence to justify a continued war.

Shady shady shady. The whole things stinks.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What was he supposed to say? That the billions invested and the humanity traded didn't pan out, the strikes carried out, the innocents killed, the Americans killed was for nothing?

Did you not see the bits about the lies told in defense of the program?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

No, but humanly speaking?

And actually, immunity from laws only applies if it was done by private contractors. Any government employee and or military personnel is bound by US law and codes of conduct/ethics.
edit on 12/9/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more here...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Really ?

Considering the events in Libya, Egypt,Syria, and current events in Iraq.

Pretty much has proven everything GW said was true.

But some people don't want to hear that.

60 terrorst plots since 9-11

Hell lets look at terrorists attacks pre 9-11.

directorblue.blogspot.com...

Rendition was being used in the 90s by Clinton, but gets ignored.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why do you insist on making it about who was President when xyz was done? They're all guilty! This should not happen... and who the hell are we to condemn beheadings when we did this? What moral high ground do we have to stand on now? None!

How many of those terrorist plots were actually terrorist plots... again read some of the goddamn report. Notably the lies... the false claims of thwarted plots. FALSE CLAIMS...

And let's suppose any of them were actually thwarted plots. Would those plots have ever been born if we weren't all up in their asses... literally!?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Why do you insist on making it about who was President when xyz was done?

Because for over 40 YEARS nobody gave a snip about 'torture' until the Bush administration.

Something wrong with that picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join