It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt...The Newest Form of Racism

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

What are you even talking about?

Read my posts before you try to be sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: JohnFisher

i here you my friend...
irish on both sides myself...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417554753&sr=1-3&keywords=white+cargo+t he+forgotten+history+of+britains+white+slaves+in+america

They came in the holds of overcrowded ships, packed in among cargo and animals. They were sold to others to work as hard and under as dismal conditions as their owners chose. They were taken to the West Indies, to Barbados, to the American colonies, and beyond. A qfamiliar story, is it not? But these immigrants, derived of all personal freedom, were Irish, and their servitude started long before black slavery was common. Even among those not enslaved, many were treated nearly the same as indentured servants, or later as contract labor on the railroads, mines, and other dangerous tasks. Your eyes will be opened by this book if you dare to allow them to be, as you learn more of this nearly forgotten part of world history
-------------------

so yeah, im tired of hearing about black slavery

edit
thats not white cargo but another on the irish slaves

Irish "slaves"

However, not all the sources in the Bibliography are highly reliable and from what I know of related areas of study, finding factual information is highly problematic and requires digging deeply in both secondary sources (and especially the well-researched academic ones) and original ones.
So, basically an initial problem with the book is evaluating the reliability of any specific text/data in it, and as much of it concerns extreme realities, it is important to be able to do so before citing any specific text.

So basically there's no independent way to verify some of the sensational claims here.

To my knowledge, most of Irish labor was voluntary and contractual

This seems to be the most glaring differences between black and Irish slaves.

Blacks were subhuman replacement items when the Irish no longer would volunteer.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

I have posted British population figures earlier that show regarding Irish slavery , the figures just don't add up.

Too much romanticising going on i am afraid.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I recall recently saw some white college student who was mugged at gun point basically giving a pass to the perpetrators and I f I recall his reasoning was because of "white privelege" white poeple should accept and enable blacks for the crimes they committ.

www.breitbart.com...

As a white person who didn't grow up as a rich person, who lived in "the hood" for a majority of my childhood, I stand up and say screw that!

Black people like all people have the free will to become whatever it is they aspire to be in today's America. I think our youth and young college kids are being brainwashed to make excuses for the challenges other races face. We all have challenges and yes some are more advantaged then others but thaat should never be used and an excuse to not rise up and become what each one of us wants to become.

Many succesful black people with attest that they did not come from money or advantaged families yet they where able to become succesful. Look at Ben Carson! He is a top nuero surgeon yet he didn't come from wealth!

My opinion is that blacks and those that enable them need to step up, engage, and WORK towards a better life.

As 25% of young black males are un employed and most of the recent videos of looters where themselves young black males I dare say they have made their beds.

Our current govt continues to make excuses and deflect why blacks are not getting ahead! Its the police, its the system, its the white supremist. Its everything EXCEPT them! Its everything excepot their actions and lack of action!

I white and I can't change it and I wasn't iven a silver spoon and I think if anyone of any race wants a better life for themselves then they need to stop crying about what happened hundreds of years ago and go out and do it!

Get an education, get a job, and get a future!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
I agree with the rest, It's just the "reverse racism" is always a sticking point for me. Racism is racism and we need to call it what it is.

LOL!! I'll endeavour to try an explain what I meant

If someone was being interviewed for a job or taking an exam they

would because of colour, disablement, or whatever start at a higher

level than the others .... having the advantage of a head start.

Also when someone bends over backwards to do more for, or be more

polite to ^^^^^ than they would be to any one else!

I used to know someone who had done very well for themselves. They

annoyed me intensely, as they would constantly refer to their poor

upbringing in a poor area, and that they knew where their roots were,

speaking in a strong 'local accent' to accentuate the fact, when in

reality they really normally spoke rather well .... I used to refer to this

as 'reverse snobbery'

Hope that answers your question.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wtf is "White Guilt" anyhow? I'm white, but that's ONE thing I will never, ever feel guilty for because it is beyond my control. I was raised to treat people the way I want to be treated. I've spent my career taking care of the sick and in-firmed of all races, ages, sexes, creeds, and colors. Can't do my job, at all, if you're a racist and I know 100% that I am not. I've known that since I was young, like I said before: I was raised right.

What WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT is how this society treats it's elderly, mentally ill, and physically/developmentally disabled folks. Now that's an absolute disgusting, dirty little secret NO one wants to discuss...better to keep complaining and rehashing the same tired arguments over and over and over again, said no one ever.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: eletheia
although i agree with most of your post i can't agree with calling africa a nation it's a continent.
that's why if you look at my posts, i must admit i say black when talking directly about black U.S citizens, but in general i always say U.S or U.S citizen. the way i see it, you are a citizen of the nation you come from, and not the continent your ancestor did. except for Australia which is both.

I referred to Africa as a 'Nation' in the same way as the UK is a nation

(made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland) and America is

a nation of states, like Australia and India and so on.

I may not be correct in this but I think more like >>>>>

# An African citizen in America

# An Indian citizen in the UK

# A Polish citizen in Canada

# An Italian citizen Australia

I spent my young life in another country because my parents lived there

and when I returned to England I was often referred to as a 'native' of

the country I had come from. To which I always replied I was spawned

by my British mother and father and not the country I had lived in and

returned from.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

White Guilt Wiki

I agree about treatment of the elderly...Its is a National embarrassment.

Crap, now I have Elderly Guilt....Thanks a lot

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I hate the concept of white guilt. My ancestors fought for the North, so shouldn't I be owed reparations too? The fact of the matter is, is that racism affects the entire world, and America isn't even close to the most racist country out there. I refuse to apologize for being white, and there are a lot of people out there that call me racist because of it. Here's a fact that some white people won't recognize, different races are indeed different. They are raised differently; they have been through different circumstances and struggles. And no doubt, black people, as a race, have been through some hard times. But I have no reason to feel guilt about that, when neither my family nor I have done anything to keep another race down. My family has always been poor since we immigrated here from Germany, and we've worked hard for everything we've got. I suggest other families work to do the same, regardless of race. If you don't like the situation you're in, do something about it. Don't blame some other race.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

White Guilt Wiki

I agree about treatment of the elderly...Its is a National embarrassment.

Crap, now I have Elderly Guilt....Thanks a lot

Sorry about that. But, on a lighter note, they really do have a Wiki for everything!

Eta: yeah, I don't suffer from WG. It's one of the stupidest things I have ever read. And, btw, stating that does NOT make me racist, it makes me sane and demonstrates common sense. IMHO, anyway.
edit on 2-12-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I was surprised when I searched it.

I had no idea...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A very heavy price was already paid for the sin of slavery - 600,000 died in the struggle to emancipate the slaves.
If their blood isn't enough then no amount of money could ever satisfy them.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
A very heavy price was already paid for the sin of slavery - 600,000 died in the struggle to emancipate the slaves.

No kidding.

I wonder why they don't ask the same of the AFricans themselves that sold them in to slavery.

I guess that guilt is just reserved for the 'white' folks.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well I believe the divine spark/infinate energy/counsiousness is part of everything including non animated matter. If that is true then what people refer to as god is in fact everywhere in those we love and in those we hate. When you look at others what do you see? What is the truth or reality? Some see good while others see something or someone bad. We are all made up of atoms, just with different protons electrons and neutrons. I believe there is the divine spark in every atom of creation when we think negative thoughts about others that is sensed by that divine nature, and is actually connected to your own soul. According to the double slit expiriment particles are both waves and individual particles, meaning the one is the many and the many is the one. All things are connected and further fuel our fate wether good or bad. I believe we should have the mind to realise the divine spark within ourselves and others reguardless of circumstance. Hate for others and anger is actually hate and anger channeled into your own soulself just in another form. I believe we are all quantum entangled and share this space as well as infinate others. I believe love is the same when we feel love for others it is channeled into ourselves as well. A scientist tried this with different glasses of water channeled hate love peace etc, he then froze the water and studied the effects under a microscope the results were amazing see for yourself.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

No kidding.

I wonder why they don't ask the same of the AFricans themselves that sold them in to slavery.

I guess that guilt is just reserved for the 'white' folks.

You guys are so hung up on this slavery issue, (which could slap both parties in the face) but that's not really the issue. Besides (600,000) or however many died in the war, many where black...... Anyway, it has not been that long since black people where oppressed. Alot of people are still alive from that era. And a small percentage of them bring up slavery. I know a few of my ancestors on one side of my family who's names I know who where slaves, and I think it's fascinating and take it as reason to go to the library and research....

So hell with slavery. How about we go back to hmm... 1930s or so.....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

A White College fund, White History month, Ivory Network, a new primetime Sit com called "Whitish", National Association for the Advancement of White People, and so forth. Would these fly?

It is my understanding that all of my European ancestors were enslaved at one time or another, now 5+ generations later we have no bitch for what we have become of our own free will.

It is the same mentality reborn each generation that causes this mess imo, but then I believe in karma and rebirth and reincarnation into that which you hate... same mentality just a different geographic location/race.
edit on pm1231pmTue, 02 Dec 2014 21:37:58 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

A White College fund, White History month, Ivory Network, a new primetime Sit com called "Whitish", National Association for the Advancement of White People, and so forth. Would these fly?

Like an Ostrich.

Thanks for a perfect example of White Guilt.

Does this look like equality to anyone ?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

So hell with slavery. How about we go back to hmm... 1930s or so.....

I agree, to hell with slavery. How about we go back to hmm...2014 or so.....
and move on with real issues that need to be addressed and solved. White guilt is such a crock of...you know.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

You had all of that..... and then some

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

It's not as bad in most places right now but it's still bad.... This is what I pointed out in some other thread, if you aren't black, how can you say get over it, when black people still get treated like # and are put in one big category...That's like me telling an Indian tribe, you got land and $ now, get over it..... The older white generation is where the white guilt came from and now what, one whole channel BET...Maybe get to be used as a token once in a while, Ha.......And the college thing is BS we work for what we get.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join