It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt...The Newest Form of Racism

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Forgiveness is one thing, forgetting is another. What happened in the past, needs to be remembered, if for no other reason to ensure the same mistakes are not made again. At some point, we must move on and find solutions to the problems at hand.

Just like in Ferguson. Everyone keeps coming up with solutions, and almost all call for changes in the police and how they do their jobs. Nobody talks about what the black community should do as well. What exactly did the police do that made those who rioted and looted, do what they did? Anger, frustration, injustice? If someone tells me what I must do to clean up my affairs, theirs damn well better be in order too. Until both sides get it together, both must work to go forward, not just blame everyone else for the problem's they face. JMO, of course.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

I concur with that. Except their was alot of whites and other races looting and rioting with the black people. The only problem i have with the looting and rioting in Ferguson, is everyone seem to do it right away, I blame Al sharpton for that..... I want to slap the sh#t out of him. Maybe then people will start getting along and not blame everything on race.
But soon enough, your new spokesman will be a KKK leader, and the same sh#t will happen and things will get worse. That's how I see it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What possible reason do you bring a race baiter like Sharpton to the WH 80 times ?

This is a last gasp of the worst President in our history.

He has failed and now he is bitter and taking his failure out on our Nation.

This is by design. You don't bring in Al Sharpton if you are not wanting problems.

Like a child that has been told no....He is sulking.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Both Al and Jesse need to move on, and then things may start moving in the right direction. I don't have a spokesman, and for damn sure not a KKK leader. My one and only leader is Jesus Christ. Don't think He would be accepted into the KKK.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

Been doing that for decades just made things worse. The answer is simple really tear down the projects you put poor people all on one place and expect things to change for them. They can't find jobs because we'll the only thing that can make money is liqueur stores and pawn shops.

Also when you have a group as a hole there will always be bad apples but projects allow them to organize. And that becomes a threat. And finally last thing is guys need to start taking responsibility for there actions. Too many children grow up without dad's and we wonder why our society is falling apart. What we called assistance has destroyed the black community to save them time to change. This also applies to all races in California it's the Hispanic community in Virginia white community. If we give people what they need why strive for better??

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
No white guilt here, actually I'm more OFFENDED (our new PC word) to see BET, Black Miss America etc.. What about Asian, Irish, German Miss America? Oh yeah that would be racist, but it's ok for the others and I'm racist because I noticed. I wanted to see a WET channel and see how fast it is screamed at, or the United Asian College fund etc.

People have to look at the real facts that seem to be constantly and conveniently forgotten

Fact- There were no slaves in America until 1654 When Anthony Johnson a BLACK MAN became the first legal slave owner.
Fact- There was an indentured servant program prior to this time, but not only consisted of Africans, but a large majority of them were Irish, Scottish, English, and Germans, who were brought over from Europe and were paying their debt for the passage over sea.
Fact- There were more Irish slaves than black, because we were cheaper.(get my hint with the "we")
Fact- Descendants of prior slaves, had an opportunity to go back to their countries, but decided to sell themselves to the indentured servant program (if they weren't free already) rather than go back because they were granted a certain amount of land etc. after the term of their contract was up. Those that claim descendancy, need only blame their families for making the decision to stay.

Reparitions?? They owe me first. My family was enslaved by them, my tax dollars still pay for many of them and they want more money for something their families made a conscious decision about for their next 100 of generations. Makes about as much sense to me as screen doors on a submarine, or better yet the ones that like to wear cultural clothing as if they are truly proud of a country that treated them like absolute crap and still would to this day.

I grew up outside of Detroit and would just laugh at this argument everytime I heard it. The civil rights movement gave and opened much opportunity to all, but you can't squander your opportunity, you have to make the best of it and teach each other properly the real history not the myth that has been bestowed, and rise from the ashes like the rest of us. It's as bad as Iran denying the holocaust. Sorry if I offended anyone...where I live now there is not really any racism people are just people. I like it that way and peoples skin color is just another part of the melting pot. That is what the founders wanted. The constant bickering about race was part of what drove me away from the Detroit area. The world has gone on for pretty much all of us, it is the ones still stuck in the past or need mental help that seem to be the ones not wanting to let it go.
For those that don't know May is Asian history month, September is latino history month, and November is American Indian heritage month. Those are the 3 no one ever hears about. Still waiting for Irish history month, German history month etc. but you don't hear my crying about it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
..Oh yeah and the "African American" thing is incorrect. You are American if you were born here. The only way that would be real is if you moved here within your lifetime from Africa and filed an adjustment of status from DHS, and eventually took the citizenship test-then and only then are you an African American, but your kids being born here then become ONLY American nothing else. My wife is Filipino and became a "Filipino American" but our kids are full blown American, not Fil-am. Their nationality has some Filipino but now Irish, German, French and Spaniard. Even if I was Filipino they would still be American because they were born here.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Your not using the French or Spanish language though are you? Your using English.

if you really want to get down to brass tacks, english is a west germanic language and was brought to brittan by germanic settlers.
yes we do speak North American English / American English not the Queens English in the United States, which is a distinct language thanks to Noah Webster and other lexicographers who wanted a commonly spoken language that was separate from british english. that just goes to show ya, that the founders wanted to put as much distance between brittan and the U.S as they could and went as far changing the way we spoke the language. they changed spelling of words and the way they were pronounced. it is true that North American English / American English had it's start from the british form of the language, but it defers and has many nuances that you don't, one example is, we say gas, gasoline, you says petrol. not only that as the years have gone by our language has expanded to incorporate and has been influenced by many other cultures cultures that have immigrated to the U.S., i can't say if the british form has done this or not.
if you don't believe me, look it it all up. i gave you starting points, you may learn something. just a side note many scholars even include Canadian english in the North American English. although it has more similarities than American English to british english.

And you think the French & Spanish where angels when it came to the slave trade, then you must be misguided.

i never said they were, and it doesn't matter what you post, it doesn't change the fact that during the 18th century, the british were the most prolific, ruthless, merciless, inhuman evil slavers the world has ever known. they imported more slaves from the countries of Africa, than anybody, well except maybe the muslims, i'll have to check into that. it is estimated that during the time frame they were involved in the slave trade they carried off to slavery and death more than 3.5 million people in total during the whole time they practiced slavery from africa. 2.5 of those were in the 18th century. the only ones that ever enslaved more were the portuguese, that was due to the fact that they continued to engage in the trade for fifty years after the british stopped.

here's something you might find interesting, after the war with spain in 1713, the british government received the asiento ( a license to sell slaves) from spain to supply slaves to their south american colonies. the government then sold it to some of the trade companies.

In 1713, war between Britain and Spain was ended. By the terms of the peace agreement, Britain took over the asiento. Britain was given the contract to supply the Spanish colonies in South America with slaves for 30 years. The contract was later sold by the British government to the newly-formed, British-owned, South Sea Company. This company had been formed to sell merchandise to the Spanish colonies. The contract was to supply 4,800 slaves each year for 30 years. They also had to pay the King of Spain 33½ pesos (the peso was worth about 4/6d or 22 pence)for each slave supplied, plus an advance of 200,000 pesos. The Company was made up entirely of London merchants. Bristol’s merchants were put out by this exclusion from a profitable trade. There were Bristol people who invested money into the South Sea Company though. One was Mary Baker, who owned £300 worth of the company (about £ 15,000 today). Another Bristol investor, Abraham Elton II, also owned shares.
Spain’s Slavery Contract

so i guess that the slave deal with spain was overlooked in your little biased uk link, and that spain's slaveing was helped along by a evil government/ country called brittan.

If you where speaking French or Spanish the U.S. would have ended up like South America. An assortment of mainly third world countries. When it came to colonisation no one did it better than The British.

that has more to do with the chacater of the people that took over after they gained their independence from the county than the country it gained it from. besides brittan never gave a sh@@ about the people that moved there from brittan other than the governors or the people that ran the trade companies so long as they sent the money home. plus they never left any place better off than what it was when they got there, they would force their way in and plunder all the resources and bleed them dry and then beat the sh@@ out of them.
the king and trade companies were evil money grubbein ruthless _____s that thought their poop didn't stink and could care less for the indigenous people of the area. the only time they showed any kindness towards those native people is when they needed them to help them fight others that would come in and do the same as them. the british government was walmarts of it's time use em up until there nothing left then leave, the whole time making money off the back of the ones they oppressed. force them to pay through the nose the whole time.

then during the second empire run, the british government and the trade companies did basically the same thing except they just didn't call people slaves, just ask the folks of india, africa,and many parts of asia. i would also dare say that most of these places i just mentioned, are considered to be third world or just emerging from it. hardly much better hunh?

Never forget what those 13 stripes on your flag represent.

i know what the thirteen stripes stand for, i doubt you do. they stand for a group of thirteen different states that united together and spit in the eye of the biggest power the world in the world at that time. and said _____ you, and kicked their a@@ with the help of other countries that brittan had pissed off and broke the back of the first empire. from then until the rise of the second empire. which like i said they went on to do the same thing with their plundering,self rightious, ignorant views that they were above everybody else.

of course you will deny everything i've posted, but if you check i believe that you will find i can back each and every bit of it up. and if you continue in your denial, you'll just show your ignorance in the matter.

my have times have changed, but the attitude still remains.

well class is dismissed, whats that five times now.
you can reply if you want i will not.

edit on 2-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Funny you mention projects. I grew up in a slum. Not really projects, but I ran the alleys because they were safer and a little cleaner than the streets.

I was a TV generation kid, lily white though. The TV was my baby sitter, as my dad worked all day and my mom worked most of the night (construction worker and barmaid respectively).

The TV show I remember most was Good Times. A black family yes, but I "bonded" with them growing up because I understood what they were talking about more than the other shows on TV and James reminded me so much of my father. Wept like a babe when that man died (James not my father).

TV has changed too. Where once a TV show like that showed the "grind" and the "hustle" but still the discipline to "do right" now its "boats and ho's" to coin a phrase. There is no "do right" it's simply "gets mine's".

I guess what I am saying is, with the absence of father figures we have not offered alternative role model substitutions, in fact it's almost the polar opposite. If that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I predict a love revolution where our children and thier children will embrace love and peace, and just say no to war and violence. They will rebel against thier racist parents and change the entire world ending all wars with love fests. Its comming be ready for it! Which side will you be on?

edit on 3-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I am friends with JJ Walker.

We didn't start out as friends.

I hired him for a gig and he made racist remarks to me.

He is a bitter guy and a chronic gambler. Lives is Vegas now.

I will close this post with a word Jimmy is not allowed to say...Dyn-O-Mite.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
I predict a love revolution where our children and thier children will embreace love and peace, and just say no to war and violence. They will rebel against thier racist parents and change the entire world ending all wars with love fests. Its comming be ready for it! Which side will you be on?

dream on, after how many years of recorded history is it 6000, and it's not happened yet. many folks have said the same thing through time. man has always been a predator and party animal and always will be. ie someone is always gonna want to take from others, hate others, steel from others, lie to others and it's always gonna be that way.

best we can do is make laws and slap those that would do these things around the head and shoulders every time they rear their ugly head.
edit on 3-12-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
MOM Disgusted by her daughters dating black men
www.youtube.com...

Already happening with many people, be ready for a big suprise when kids arent racist and in fact go the other way towards love and not hate.
edit on 3-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: whyamIhere

Here's the thing though. If you don't talk about the privilege afforded to some, then you can't really discuss how others are being discriminated against?

Mind you, America is probably one of the more racist countries on the planet. And that's because of your media and political/socio-economic systems, not really the people.

But yeah, growing up I had tons of advantages as a white, relatively wealthy male.

The vast majority of white males are not wealthy. Does the fact that wealthy white males have more priveledge than non-wealthy white males need to be a part of this "discussion on discrimination?" My point is that it is NOT just non-whites who are discriminated against. All races are discriminated against in some way. And equality is a LEGAL issue. You can only establish equality via the law. There exist white people who don't like black people just like there exist black people who don't like white people. Are you going to establish equality by going out and getting all white people to like non-whites, thinking that will fix the problem? That is impossible anyway, because you cannot pass a law that says "you have to like this other race."

Some seem to think that the dislike shown for whites by non-whites is the product of the social environment at present, but this is not the case. If all blacks were rich and all whites poor, do you think that this dislike for whites would disappear?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

Way to use "WHITE history" as information that nobody believes...Antonio was sold as a slave......The rest, blah blah blah irish, blah blah blah

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I've never had any white guilt, I'm not even politically correct. Instead, I judge people on what they say and do. I'm courteous and treat people with respect. I don't need history to make me feel bad, or laws to tell me how to treat my fellow man.

In fact, the majority of us don't. (There are idiots out there on both sides unfortunately, however these laws only go one way...)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I think most of the replies in this thread insinuate there is no such thing as white guilt as a new form of racism. just a bunch of people wanting to feel victimised for their invented form of racism.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Ask yourselves this. When was the last time you were punched in the face ONLY for being black (black as an example...fill in anything you want)? When was the last time you were denied a loan for being black, denied housing, etc. It simply doesn't happen anymore. If you "see racism"...maybe it is just you looking for it where it doesn't exist. At least consider that. If you knew nothing of racism...would you see it?

It...doesn't...happen.

Racism is absolutely alive.
And it's very overt.
I won't even begin with the differences between your country and mines
That being said it doesn't bother me if I know I can kick the guys ass

Although, I have been treated specially for being black.
I've literally been handed things before and told it was because I'm black
.Other times I'll just know that's the reason why but the person won't admit It.

OK...go with that if it makes you feel comfortable. "I'll just know that's the reason why but the person won't admit it". VERY COOL! I could use a mind reader...are you for hire?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: alldaylong

Your not using the French or Spanish language though are you? Your using English.

if you really want to get down to brass tacks, english is a west germanic language and was brought to brittan by germanic settlers.
yes we do speak North American English / American English not the Queens English in the United States, which is a distinct language thanks to Noah Webster and other lexicographers who wanted a commonly spoken language that was separate from british english. that just goes to show ya, that the founders wanted to put as much distance between brittan and the U.S as they could and went as far changing the way we spoke the language. they changed spelling of words and the way they were pronounced. it is true that North American English / American English had it's start from the british form of the language, but it defers and has many nuances that you don't, one example is, we say gas, gasoline, you says petrol. not only that as the years have gone by our language has expanded to incorporate and has been influenced by many other cultures cultures that have immigrated to the U.S., i can't say if the british form has done this or not.
if you don't believe me, look it it all up. i gave you starting points, you may learn something. just a side note many scholars even include Canadian english in the North American English. although it has more similarities than American English to british english.

And you think the French & Spanish where angels when it came to the slave trade, then you must be misguided.

i never said they were, and it doesn't matter what you post, it doesn't change the fact that during the 18th century, the british were the most prolific, ruthless, merciless, inhuman evil slavers the world has ever known. they imported more slaves from the countries of Africa, than anybody, well except maybe the muslims, i'll have to check into that. it is estimated that during the time frame they were involved in the slave trade they carried off to slavery and death more than 3.5 million people in total during the whole time they practiced slavery from africa. 2.5 of those were in the 18th century. the only ones that ever enslaved more were the portuguese, that was due to the fact that they continued to engage in the trade for fifty years after the british stopped.

here's something you might find interesting, after the war with spain in 1713, the british government received the asiento ( a license to sell slaves) from spain to supply slaves to their south american colonies. the government then sold it to some of the trade companies.

In 1713, war between Britain and Spain was ended. By the terms of the peace agreement, Britain took over the asiento. Britain was given the contract to supply the Spanish colonies in South America with slaves for 30 years. The contract was later sold by the British government to the newly-formed, British-owned, South Sea Company. This company had been formed to sell merchandise to the Spanish colonies. The contract was to supply 4,800 slaves each year for 30 years. They also had to pay the King of Spain 33½ pesos (the peso was worth about 4/6d or 22 pence)for each slave supplied, plus an advance of 200,000 pesos. The Company was made up entirely of London merchants. Bristol’s merchants were put out by this exclusion from a profitable trade. There were Bristol people who invested money into the South Sea Company though. One was Mary Baker, who owned £300 worth of the company (about £ 15,000 today). Another Bristol investor, Abraham Elton II, also owned shares.
Spain’s Slavery Contract

so i guess that the slave deal with spain was overlooked in your little biased uk link, and that spain's slaveing was helped along by a evil government/ country called brittan.

If you where speaking French or Spanish the U.S. would have ended up like South America. An assortment of mainly third world countries. When it came to colonisation no one did it better than The British.

that has more to do with the chacater of the people that took over after they gained their independence from the county than the country it gained it from. besides brittan never gave a sh@@ about the people that moved there from brittan other than the governors or the people that ran the trade companies so long as they sent the money home. plus they never left any place better off than what it was when they got there, they would force their way in and plunder all the resources and bleed them dry and then beat the sh@@ out of them.
the king and trade companies were evil money grubbein ruthless _____s that thought their poop didn't stink and could care less for the indigenous people of the area. the only time they showed any kindness towards those native people is when they needed them to help them fight others that would come in and do the same as them. the british government was walmarts of it's time use em up until there nothing left then leave, the whole time making money off the back of the ones they oppressed. force them to pay through the nose the whole time.

then during the second empire run, the british government and the trade companies did basically the same thing except they just didn't call people slaves, just ask the folks of india, africa,and many parts of asia. i would also dare say that most of these places i just mentioned, are considered to be third world or just emerging from it. hardly much better hunh?

Never forget what those 13 stripes on your flag represent.

i know what the thirteen stripes stand for, i doubt you do. they stand for a group of thirteen different states that united together and spit in the eye of the biggest power the world in the world at that time. and said _____ you, and kicked their a@@ with the help of other countries that brittan had pissed off and broke the back of the first empire. from then until the rise of the second empire. which like i said they went on to do the same thing with their plundering,self rightious, ignorant views that they were above everybody else.

of course you will deny everything i've posted, but if you check i believe that you will find i can back each and every bit of it up. and if you continue in your denial, you'll just show your ignorance in the matter.

my have times have changed, but the attitude still remains.

well class is dismissed, whats that five times now.
you can reply if you want i will not.

You have the rambling of someone who has lost the plot completely

You use the same English language as i do, otherwise we wouldn't understand what each of us are saying. Note the language is called ENGLISH ( That means the language derives from England). The language is not called Germanic.
The word " Gas" is English.

The 13 stripes on the U.S. flag represent the 13 BRITISH colonies. Note the word British.

The reason the U.S. became successful after Independence was because in the main the peoples of the 13 colonies where from BRITISH stock. Note the word British. Also look at the names of the people who signed the declaration of independence. Nearly all of them had British names did they not ?

Oh, and it's spelt BRITAIN not Brittan

Ta ta.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Your advantages had nothing to do with being white, although it seems you have been conditioned to believe that's the case. It's far more likely to be a social/wealth thing than it is a race/ethnicity thing.

If you were born in a country like Zimbabwe, I doubt you would have experienced as many "advantages" in virtue of your skin colour, in fact, you would probably have experienced a lot more discrimination and prejudice because you would be a minority there.

If you were born in Japan and grew up there, you would probably experience the same prejudice because you would have different facial features to the majority of the population.

Both these examples show that there is no inherent advantages to being "white", but rather a societal disadvantage in being part of the minority wherever you live.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join