It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Guilt...The Newest Form of Racism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yournewswire.com...

I WANT COMPENSATION!
I want....a CHARGER a 1970 plum crazy HEMICHARGER or I will cause ALL of my brothers to sober up and strike down the intrusive cultures that invade my space.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

you shall have that car and i shall call you kowalski

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The blacks need to get over it. You don't see Jews giving Germans # for what they'v done, do you? (the jews were treated MUCH worse than black slaves).

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Honestly, by many people's logic, everybody should be against everybody else. "Ancestors may have murdered someone in the past?" you have to suffer! Total insanity and hypocrisy. By their logic, the last time I was made fun of for being white by a black person, that person should be labeled a racist, entitled, privileged and out of touch with the people.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My 3% Neanderthal DNA says I have a grudge going back 36,000 years lol, bring it on!

People are nut cases lol, new rule if you weren't born you have no responsibility, the end...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
Ask yourselves this. When was the last time you were punched in the face ONLY for being black (black as an example...fill in anything you want)? When was the last time you were denied a loan for being black, denied housing, etc. It simply doesn't happen anymore. If you "see racism"...maybe it is just you looking for it where it doesn't exist. At least consider that. If you knew nothing of racism...would you see it?

It...doesn't...happen.

Racism is absolutely alive.
And it's very overt.
I won't even begin with the differences between your country and mines
That being said it doesn't bother me if I know I can kick the guys ass

Although, I have been treated specially for being black.
I've literally been handed things before and told it was because I'm black
.Other times I'll just know that's the reason why but the person won't admit It.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's cool man we are going to make racism go away for ever because "Murica" just like dope, prostitution, crime, booze, witches...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: alldaylong

naw i would be speaking French or Spanish.
and someone who lives in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.

if the british had of stayed home there would be far less people taken from their homelands and turned into slaves.

Your not using the French or Spanish language though are you? Your using English.

And you think the French & Spanish where angels when it came to the slave trade, then you must be misguided.

France was a major player in the slave trade and many of its cities on the West Coast (such as Nantes, Lorient, La Rochelle, and Bordeaux) have built their wealth through the triangular trade. Slaves on French vessels were mainly taken to the French Caribbean colonies such as Saint-Domingue and Martinique. In addition, France is also notorious for introducing the Code Noir ('black code'), a decree written in 1685 providing formal regulations for the treatment of slaves, governing their lives, deaths, freedoms, religion and how they were to be bought and sold. This gruesome document served to de-humanise the enslaved Africans even more by institutionalising the trade in humans even further. France eventually outlawed the slave trade in 1830 and slavery itself in 1848

Spain had North African slaves as early as the 15th century and with its expansion into the Caribbean and Central/Latin America, it soon started importing slaves from Africa. However, unlike Portugal, Spain did not have forts in Africa and therefore relied on the other European slave trading countries to provide their colonies with slaves. The slave trade ended in 1867 with a last ship arriving in Cuba and slavery was abolished in 1886. There do not seem to be any major memorials and commemorations linked to slavery in either Spain or Portugal, which is all the more remarkable, given that these two countries were the first in Europe to practice slave trading and amongst the last to abolish it

www.realhistories.org.uk...

If you where speaking French or Spanish the U.S. would have ended up like South America. An assortment of mainly third world countries.
When it came to colonisation no one did it better than The British.

Never forget what those 13 stripes on your flag represent.

edit on 2-12-2014 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I agree with 'white' guilt is the newest form of racism.

I'm white.

Never once have I woken up in the morning shouting I'm White and I'm proud.

Never once thought the 'world owe me something'.

Never oppressed anyone.

Never done jack snip to anyone.

I have nothing to feel guilty about.

Funny thing though.

African Americans are no better off than the days of slavery'.

I wonder why that is.

Even after decades of 'help' from their so called 'friends'.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Reparations ?

Well then 'where is my fair share'.

Since I have Irish ancestry.

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

We've all been taught the horror's of the African slave trade. It's in all the school books and in plenty of Hollywood movies. But for some reason the largest group of slaves in the British Colonies in the 17th Century doesn't get mentioned at all: the Irish.

www.dailykos.com...

Then we can bring up the Chinese who built the railroads.

Yeah us Irish, and the Chinese have been forgotten.

Guess our ancestors don't count.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
That and if anybody has the right to be angry about slavery in the Americas, even in a couple of states after the inception of the USA, it's descendants of the Irish. All most people ever learn about the Irish slaves is the servitude. Seldom do people learn about the real genuine Irish slaves. In other words, our history is partially erased to promote an agenda. The book "White Cargo" goes to great lengths to establish firm ethos. No, I'm not going to feel guilty about something that happened 200 years ago, especially when it happened to my lineage too. And how 'bout those black slave owners? Should their descendants also feel guilty?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Mother's family came from Ireland because they were to poor to buy potatoes, dad's family walked out of Slovenia because they didn't want to fight for germany in ww1, shove your guilt trip...

This message Was brought on by 12 yr old Glendive.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Reparations ?

Well then 'where is my fair share'.

Since I have Irish ancestry.

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

We've all been taught the horror's of the African slave trade. It's in all the school books and in plenty of Hollywood movies. But for some reason the largest group of slaves in the British Colonies in the 17th Century doesn't get mentioned at all: the Irish.

www.dailykos.com...

Then we can bring up the Chinese who built the railroads.

Yeah us Irish, and the Chinese have been forgotten.

Guess our ancestors don't count.

Just grabbed this from your link

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves

That figure is complete nonsense. The entire population of The British Isles in 1630 was 5,600,517. The vast majority of that total lived in the largest land masses of England & Scotland.

If 800.000 Irish had been killed or sold as slaves then Ireland would have had to import people to begin with, and then the country would have ended up empty of inhabitants.

homepage.ntlworld.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I call BS. I'm a white male protestant, and let me tell you... I've experienced no privileges because of my skin color. I've been arrested and/or accused for things I obviously didn't do. I've gotten out of being arrested because a black friend of mine influenced the officer. I have little money by American standards. I live in a dirt cheap apartment. There are no special scholarships for me, and I lost out on a job I was better qualified for to a black guy that I knew. Maybe white privilege was a thing, but this is the 21st century. If anybody is getting special treatment it's the wealthy and the minority. And why is it that white males are the only ones without PC protection? It doesn't really matter because it is what it is. PC is stupid anyway. And man shall not live by bread alone. I'll get to where I'm going, wherever that is. All this racism is perpetuated by the media, and it isn't found on anything substantial. At the end of the day, we all come from awesome bloodlines. After all, our families are still here. We made it this far in the existence of man.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
white guilt is based on the sins of your father, that you benefit from white supremacy. A simple example would be a house for sale. The white family can buy it and pass it down.

Tell that to a white Irish man. The more you know ...

White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain's White Slaves in America

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

No we (Irish) just didn't cry, and we repopulated. Read the book "White Cargo". It will open your eyes and give you more sources and references than you know what to do with. And they are mostly credible sources too! Also, it provides documents.

The Irish population dwindled to near extinction levels. By God's grace, our blood lives on. But Neo isn't wrong. You are.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

i here you my friend...
irish on both sides myself...

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417554753&sr=1-3&keywords=white+cargo+t he+forgotten+history+of+britains+white+slaves+in+america

They came in the holds of overcrowded ships, packed in among cargo and animals. They were sold to others to work as hard and under as dismal conditions as their owners chose. They were taken to the West Indies, to Barbados, to the American colonies, and beyond. A familiar story, is it not? But these immigrants, derived of all personal freedom, were Irish, and their servitude started long before black slavery was common. Even among those not enslaved, many were treated nearly the same as indentured servants, or later as contract labor on the railroads, mines, and other dangerous tasks. Your eyes will be opened by this book if you dare to allow them to be, as you learn more of this nearly forgotten part of world history
-------------------

so yeah, im tired of hearing about black slavery

edit
thats not white cargo but another on the irish slaves
edit on 2-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: magnetik

My local community college insists on giving scholarships to black kids from the city and no I'm not afraid to say it. We have drug dealers, vandalism, robberies, a few shootings over the years. The grounds have police that patrol them and every morning it's bottles of empty alcohol in the halls, on the grounds. Garbage thrown everywhere, graffiti.

You're suggesting none of that would happen without blacks? I grew up in an area with very few black people, and it still had plenty of non black drug dealers. I know graffiti artists of every race. Lazy people who don't throw garbage of every race, and shooters as well.

but empty bottles in a college? WHAT THE HELL BLACK PEOPLE WHY DID YOU INTRODUCE ALCOHOL TO COLLEGE! THEY WHERE GOOD AND SOBER WITHOUT YOU! DAMN IT BLACK PEOPLE!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: billyvonhelvete

Why do the cops let the black people go so they don't have to be accused of racism? Because we allowed it.

Are you kidding? blacks all over America are now getting special treatment from the cops? HAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Jesus! It's like you have no grasp on reality, just make stuff up as you go.

Blacks are left alone by the cops? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnFisher

No we (Irish) just didn't cry, and we repopulated. Read the book "White Cargo". It will open your eyes and give you more sources and references than you know what to do with. And they are mostly credible sources too! Also, it provides documents.

The Irish population dwindled to near extinction levels. By God's grace, our blood lives on. But Neo isn't wrong. You are.

I am afraid you have a romantic view of Ireland.

Calculate this like i have:-

www.tacitus.nu...

in 1600 the population of Ireland was 1 million

in 1700 population was 2.8 million

In 1600 the population of England was 4.4 million

in 1700 the population of England was 5 million

The population of Ireland rose at a faster rate than England during that 100 period. If a total 800,000 Irish had been killed or sold into slavery in that same 100 year period then how do you account for the already higher population rate of Ireland?

As i have said previously the figures don't add up.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join