It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
OH my God! Wow, that video completely changed the beliefs I've held for nearly 30 years! How could I have been so wrong all these years!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

What's it to you? You don't strike me as particularly open minded about the subject, why should I waste my time on you?

My knowledge comes from scientific journals on the subject, in part verified by experience.

a reply to: network dude

Since I have experience of them I choose not to call it belief, I'd rather say I know. It's fine if YOU BELIEVE they don't exist though.

I gotta ask, are you a Master Mason?
edit on 27-11-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: Curious

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So I came across this funny on my fb feed. It was sooo befitting this thread, that I just HAD to share.

That settles it, and should for all sides. Yup. That's exactly how it goes. My spirit guide told me so!

CdT
edit on 27-11-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: fix

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

thank you for the interesting video!

i don't hate christians... i just sometimes envy them because they seem to be enjoying what they believe.

i don't hold any beliefs.

peace
edit on 28-11-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OP, I am a very long way down this particular rabbit hole so I would like to share a bit of advice with you...

You are apparently quite a new Christian and so I'm going to assume you're in the process of reading the scriptures with a new set of eyes. When you get to Paul's writings, take note of how often he stresses that the secular world has been supernaturally blinded and deafened to the truth. To them, death is life and life is death.

The particular topic you have raised goes to the core of a spiritual war which the majority in this world denies even exists. They are simply beyond the point of salvation because the spirit of Antichrist is firmly within them. This is not just my opinion but that of the scriptures, and is a significant fulfilment of prophesy pointing to the times we live in.

In this respect, it is easier to reach those who are actively engaged in spiritual warfare against the church than the secularist because the servants of the enemy are at least awake to what's going on in the unseen realms.

The people that stand to benefit most from your message are the pagan Christians who exist in Babylon and are simply asleep to the fact, and they typically don't hang out on ATS. The secular crowd is already lost at this point, and pursuing them is simply a waste of time for you, and an inconvenience to them. As a Christian, time is now limited and you have a choice on the battle field as to whether or not you want to spend time dragging along the dead, or tending to the wounded.

There are pagan Christians all over the world who are about to commemorate the birthday of the first anti-Christ, place idols and graven images in their homes, and simulate the golden calf scenario in exodus by doing these things while claiming that they do it in honour of Yeshua. These people are lost but at least they are redeemable.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
freedom female
Hello, I want to clarify some points of which it seems appropriate to emphasize, in fact as old as controversial, so I'll go highlighting some points, I do not want to be unfair to some but it is my opinion and welcome to public scrutiny, remarcare some issues that are perhaps not accurate to post content.
1) On Liberty: it is well known that all have free albeldrio to do they want, what I preach is, and what the hell is freedom? good good, apparently a series of random events,
haha, religion or love, I have an interesting critique and if the subject: if freedom represents a woman, everyone will say yes but long around see all kinds of strange things, technological and call it progress, 90% are single men, I see in that figure no freedom at all,
this symbol does not represent freedom in the slightest, in fact seems to do a Nazi salute !, good maybe by that time, the period in which it was created and performed made sense, since it is a patrialcal symbol undoubtedly only the power of a man over the kings of england, is like the messiah, (jesus) has been over time and is out of fashion, think of this: nobody sees freedom in women as it was never freedom .. from the Gnostic visions assumed that women or matter is satan, I think that's the cosmic tyrant and a lot of that in usa, there hundred of secret societies which only one understands or aim domination, will say that there are aliens and others but are a group of people for a purpose, in fact it is the polarization by excelensia, nothing is the word for all of us, are a clan and should be eradicated, insurance members kkk of this website will defend with hatred acerrimo female violence but they are nothing more than a pest with horns and smoke, if you look well and drink of psychology understand from this premise, the woman is the very same evil, we see feminists, activists, etc etc, in fact history can be seen as a series of women only choose the most servile, gallant and idiots of all called princes, if science is correct then think what will make natural selection: if we have women who have no other idea to be helpful, intolerant, well believe in a state of monarchy is not expected unless the evil is something intrinsic, returning we see the statue of Liberty and as they say there is only an idealized fantasy is like putting a bsdm national icon and then will bring to the global arrogance, as if around you wait hundreds of men BSDM, they even hide it (and if it was not frowned upon by royalty) would buy their bsdm kit and would have a whip at the waist, we see people living a life model with children, work and other but are just like babies or puppies in necesdidad gasteando a whip, all these men love the submission! for see the example of Islam, all want to whip around and will make every effort to be eradicated without more different, so we have the Statue of Liberty as the largest bsdm symbol of the whole universe, good is not the freedom or represents me now, all those who defend females say one thing: are dogs, in need of a whip, crave his death under the command of evil and darkness, I figure it well: we see sometimes serious news of protests institutions or oppression against women, but they do naked, tell me if this is not the maximum bsdm? show your body? who benefits? in fact if put to a serious bsdm man the ideal of feminine freedom (them; hide their freedom wish to be free themselves from that man bsdm represents them???), in fact nothing more than a model and all speak patrialcal model of patrialcal but tell me .. there some other model?
sexual freedom does more than one product to worldwide, has spread and is not only the woman is all that is, do not understand your idea ..
u obvious that there are aliens who do nothing but wish to stop being women.
Lancelot, and other romances.
-
talking a little philosophy: sophia, meaning gods or reason now when you find these specimens (woman) see if you manage to find a reason for the gods.
gnosis: the neo-Platonism no subdivisions of emanation, in fact it is impossible both sexes, god or whatever could not have two sexes, and that applies to everyone ..and if man is the only matrix and necessary not expect there outside or in hell who knows alla women: just old perverts as a woman, there is no feminine!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dodol

And then there are still people like Dodol who are earnestly searching, although their numbers are dwindling. If your "waste of time and effort" as I put it ultimately contributes to the salvation of just one soul then it's not a waste :-)

That's the catch 22 with spiritual triage just as with its medical equivalent.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderGetty
... This is not just my opinion but that of the scriptures...
Which is to say, somebody else's opinion.Oh, the arrogance of the 'true believer'!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm not a pagan. In fact I believe in God but not the story of a 2000 year old make-believe Jewish ghost. By this time you have to be refusing the facts to still believe in the story of Jesus of Nazareth. There wasn't any such person, it's a myth made out of older myths. Worship his message not the man.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I'm not a pagan. In fact I believe in God but not the story of a 2000 year old make-believe Jewish ghost. By this time you have to be refusing the facts to still believe in the story of Jesus of Nazareth. There wasn't any such person, it's a myth made out of older myths. Worship his message not the man.

ummm...gonna use someone elses words here:

Unhealthy hero worship reinforces the false belief that the positive qualities you see “out there” – in those you admire – do not reside “in here” within yourself.

the message i consistently see floating around.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Well you can apply that equally to any written text throughout human history. In which case I pity you because you're doomed to learn nothing from the experience and wisdom of previous generations. Pretty much the most foolish thing I've seen posted on ATS to date.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderGetty
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Well you can apply that equally to any written text throughout human history. In which case I pity you because you're doomed to learn nothing from the experience and wisdom of previous generations. Pretty much the most foolish thing I've seen posted on ATS to date.
Oh, I learn lots from the experience and wisdom of previous generations. You have just presented a classic straw-man argument, by the way. Like I said about the arrogance of the true believer. "Embrace my beliefs, or you gonna get it!"

I just not gonna bet the farm on an arbitrary set of Bronze age middle eastern folk tales. That sounds foolish to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Unfortunately, youve suggested that all New Age practices and beliefs systems should be lumped together. And they cannot be. And one definitely can remain a Christian while practicing and believing in some, if not all.

You perhaps have been "born again"...but that shouldnt mean you ignore all knowledge. The world is diverse, and Christianlity should not negate knowledge.

IF it has for you...how sad. Even Christ would want you to increase your knowledge, accept new knowledge, and grow from it. Not close off you mind and interpretation. That would give CHristianity a very bad connotation.

MS Christian, New Ager, Astral Projectionist etc, etc, etc...."Walking in the Light and Washed in the Blood"

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

If you don't know I don't have time to set here and school you. Open some books, don't try to shield yourself from the facts born out in a decent investigation. I have put a good deal of study into this as well as other topics often discussed here on ATS but have also come to a point where its difficult to talk to folks that haven't done the same but are nonetheless very opinionated.

Anyway. Take the Oracle at Delphi. Classic channeling. And it was part of a religion just not at the main temple. And Shamanism is very broad. Do you know were the word Shaman comes from?

Yes, I do know where the word shaman comes from. It is of Siberian origin and properly used only in reference to Siberian practitioners although it's commonly used to refer to practitioners from many cultures.

I have opened many books and actually read them, too. To which facts do you refer? Could you be specific?

I am familiar with the Oracle at Delphi. I am simply pointing out that channeling need not involve religion of any sort just like passing around a receptacle to collect money from an assembled group of people need not involve religion. Are you suggesting that New Agers consult the Oracle at Delphi? Are you suggesting that New Agers consult an oracle who channels deities? Which deities?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I am still waiting on reasons to convert
I've never been a Christian, and the arguments why seem to be fear mongering. I saw your post on Wiccans. Its not entirely accurate to say many beleive its an "old religion" anymore. Most admit Uncle Gerry made it up. Gardnerians, Alexandrians, and a few British traditional types however still beat that drum.

I agree that Wiccans who have bothered to do the research acknowledge that Uncle Gerry made it up, but by far the majority of Wiccans with whom I have discussed this still believe that it's a revival of an ancient religion. I refer them to Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon. As you probably know, it was the British Wiccans who gave Hutton full access to their records. Unfortunately, Llewellyn Publishing has almost single-handedly cornered the market on publishing fanciful books about Wicca claiming things not at all backed-up by scholarship and it's these books most have read.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

What's it to you? You don't strike me as particularly open minded about the subject, why should I waste my time on you?

My knowledge comes from scientific journals on the subject, in part verified by experience.

What's it to me? You posted on this thread that you have extensive knowledge about demons. You raised the subject and made claims about your expertise. I simply asked you the source of your expertise. Thank you for telling me that your expertise on demons comes from "scientific journals on the subject, in part verified by experience." I was hoping for a more specific answer. I'm sure you'll be happy to share the names of those scientific journals on demons so that interested persons can find and read them. I await your response.

edit on 28-11-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
This really isn't my kind of subject matter. And I hate to do a drive-by post. But...

When the original poster of any thread provides only a video to introduce their argument, I generally pass it by. I don't have 50 minutes to devote to a subject that isn't really in my field of interest. Generally I can read a written document in less that 10 minutes that contains all of the same information of an hour long video, and more. And it's easier to reference specific information when presenting a counter-argument.

I was only able to get through about a page and a half of the thread. But I recall seeing something about pagan belief systems being the glue for the NWO. This is counter-intuitive to me. From a practical, non-ethereal, perspective, having a relatively consistent belief system that engenders a non-inclusive thought process is an ideal glue for a governmental population behavior management system. Add to that a series of canonical interpretations that limit independent behavior and original thinking, and you have a very efficient control system.

dex

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Yes.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

We cant hold our breath. I know of one case done at Duke University years ago but results were never published. We are really dependent on folks with experience speaking out about the reality. Scientific studies just are not going to say anything much in the area of results if those results are going to verify what John and Jane Doe have been saying for years.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I never claimed to have extensive knowledge. Just the basics, you don't need much experience to come to know some of these things.

Scientific journals, oops, I meant ancient texts.. they're both scientific investigations into phenomena. Depending on how you define science of course. Modern science is so limited in it's scope and its methods. I prefer occult science over positivist science when dealing with the unknown, since the latter hasn't even started scratching the surface of the unknown.

Oh, you thought I'd actually produce legit scientific journals on demons? Sorry to disappoint you. The Mysteries won't reveal themselves to the lazy or the blind that are not willing to put some effort into it. Which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join