It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Tangerine

So were the Hindu's
Apart from one dodgy leader the Egyptians were indeed polytheistic as hell. They really did not like the monotheistic attempts that one time

Even that one Egyptian pharoah was a polytheist. He simply insisted that his god of choice be worshipped above the other gods. As you probably know, CHristians have claimed that he was a monotheist when he technically was not. You're right, of course, about the Hindus.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Point taken and well said!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: network dude

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask? I know this notion is common and that it stems from the axiom 'all is mind' but it's not completely true.

Demons don't really care if someone doesn't believe in them, their existance is not dependent on people believing in them, and while they may respond to thoughtforms and willpower they're not completely impotent just because someone lacks belief.
Though often they may not have much interest in such persons.

In fact, not knowing how they operate may make one more vulnerable to the methods they employ.

This suggests that you're very knowledgable about demons and know how they operate. Why don't you share this wisdom with us and, importantly, cite your sources of this knowledge.

What do you want, a peer reviewed study from Harvard medical?
Read a book.

I asked someone else, not you. Apparently, you haven't been in the cult long enough to have even memorized the mantras. All you do is post videos. You're certainly unable to answer any questions.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Jesus preached gnosticism. I hope our world burns. This video only strengthened my conviction.

Jesus likely didn't preach anything because he likely never existed. Not a word was written about him by anyone who lived when he allegedly lived who claimed to have witnessed him living. Every word attributed to Jesus was written multiple generations after Jesus allegedly lived by men who could not possibly have heard him say anything. That said, I don't understand why you're saying the words attributed to Jesus amount to gnosticism. Could you please explain?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: TechUnique

What does New Age have to do with pagan beliefs? Pagan beliefs pre-date Christianity.

Well see that just it. The New Age is really just the Old Age getting back on its feet again after being crushed down. Around here anyway. Nothing really new about New Age in other parts of the world. The Gnostics were the pagans answer, blending ect trying to regain its losses in a co-opt method.

I would like you to explain exactly what New Age beliefs and religions are and how they are pre-Christian polytheistic pagan beliefs as practiced by paleo-pagans. Gnostics are not pagans. Please start by naming New Age religions that you claim are pagan and explain exactly what it is that, in your opinion, makes them pagan.

Well I will give you one. Channeling. Several of the New Age groups use this but its as old as the hills. Simply a form an aspect of ages old shamanism. Nothing really new about it. All the way from some backwater local witch doctor up to the oracle at Delphi.....same stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

What does New Age have to do with pagan beliefs? Pagan beliefs pre-date Christianity.

Well see that just it. The New Age is really just the Old Age getting back on its feet again after being crushed down. Around here anyway. Nothing really new about New Age in other parts of the world. The Gnostics were the pagans answer, blending ect trying to regain its losses in a co-opt method.

I would like you to explain exactly what New Age beliefs and religions are and how they are pre-Christian polytheistic pagan beliefs as practiced by paleo-pagans. Gnostics are not pagans. Please start by naming New Age religions that you claim are pagan and explain exactly what it is that, in your opinion, makes them pagan.

Well I will give you one. Channeling. Several of the New Age groups use this but its as old as the hills. Simply a form an aspect of ages old shamanism. Nothing really new about it. All the way from some backwater local witch doctor up to the oracle at Delphi.....same stuff.

Channeling is a technique like contemplation or interpreting etc. not a religion. It's not even specific to religion. Technically, I don't know that channeling, per se, was part of shamanism. Shamans traveled to the "underworld" and returned with information. Channelers, as far as I know, don't claim to go anywhere. They claim to simply receive information. I don't know how channeling Seth (a one-time and maybe still popular New Age channeled "entity") or Grandma equates as a religious practice. Religion is the performance of ritual on behalf of or in obeyance to a supernatural deity.

Wicca is an example of a New Age religion and it is certainly a religion. However, many Wiccans claim that Wicca is an ancient pagan religion or can be traced to an ancient pagan religion, none of which is true. There is nothing about Wicca that distinguishes it as Wicca and not another religion that was practiced by paleo pagans. Wiccans worship the Goddess and the horned god (not Satan, for those thinking in that direction) making Wicca duotheistic. The exception is Dianic Wiccans who worship the Goddess only, making it monotheistic. No paleo-pagan religion was monotheistic or duotheistic. They were all polytheistic. The New Age Wiccan notion that the Goddess has many manifestations would be entirely foreign to paleo-pagans who believed in multiple, distinct male and female deities rather than manifestations of a single deity. Paleo-pagans had no concept of The Goddess. New Age Wiccans draws circles to separate the sacred from the mundane and "draw down" deity. Paleo-pagans did no such thing. They considered everything to be sacred and did not "draw down" deities. New Age Wiccans use four quarters in their rituals, another thing that paleo-pagans did not do.

I'm not bringing this up to condemn Wicca (except for the common Wiccan practice of claiming to be pagan and spreading all sorts of disinformation about paganism),but to make a distinction between pagan and New Age. Today's pagans are neo pagans (ie. new pagans). It is impossible to be a neo-pagan if there was no paleo-pagan (ie. old pagan) religion on which your neo-pagan religion is based. Wicca, by contrast, is a New Age religion. Nothing wrong with that so long as they don't start knocking on my door.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

If you don't know I don't have time to set here and school you. Open some books, don't try to shield yourself from the facts born out in a decent investigation. I have put a good deal of study into this as well as other topics often discussed here on ATS but have also come to a point where its difficult to talk to folks that haven't done the same but are nonetheless very opinionated.

Anyway. Take the Oracle at Delphi. Classic channeling. And it was part of a religion just not at the main temple. And Shamanism is very broad. Do you know were the word Shaman comes from?

edit on 26-11-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Like many others from the new age movement, I have come to accept that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.

As Eric Hoffman noted, true believers are some of the most readily converted. It is not the particular merits of the affiliation that matter so much as the feeling generated. It can be likened to an addict growing bored when he realizes that his drug isn't working as well as it was before.

Please don't turn this into a thread SOLELY for the hate of Christianity.. I'm not talking about anyone in particular just seems to be the general theme of ATS in regards to Christian threads.

It's not the merits of your social organization I despise, it's the idea of social organization itself.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry but the guy in the video isn't very believable so wouldn't use that to promote Christianity. Before I meditate I always ask Yeshua (your JC), Krishna, Buddha, and babaji to bless all people and try protect us all from evil. I really arn't into new age stuff, just old age meditation, but each to our own. Good luck with Christianity my friend. I find the original teachings (Didache and Gospel of Thomas) written by true disciples of Yeshua very enlightening.

edit on 27 11 2014 by glend because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Jesus preached gnosticism. I hope our world burns. This video only strengthened my conviction.

I love you, I love the hate you have inside yourself and I hope my love would at least make you feel something other than that hate that is eating you alive.

But you need so much more than I can offer over the internet.

I wish ATS would help but it seems it makes hate the world even more.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruthI see all religions as a beautiful tapestry, woven together. Each thread of that tapestry (religion) is a different color, and our task is to find which one calls to our spirituality and most uplifts us.

Many paths, one God.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

"Because I have a deep respect and faith in spirituality, and Christianity is a path to find one's own spirituality. It is as valid a path as Paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism or the Islamic faith. They are all paths that seek to enlighten."

That was beautifully said, concise, kind, and loving. All the things that structured religion claims to be, tries to be, and fails to be, because they get so caught up in politics and self perpetuation; are merely forms of self-love and the love of your fellow human being. Nothing more, nothing less. Namaste

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

What do you want, a peer reviewed study from Harvard medical?
Read a book.

Aren't you saying "Read my book"?
Lot's of books out there...lots of fiction masquerading as fact. Even if there is something weird going on out there, are we not grown up enough to look at peer-reviewed science for an explanation, rather than Bronze Age Middle Eastern folk tales?

That may well be good enough for you, but please don't try to assume higher moral or intellectual ground because others happen to disagree.

Are you kidding? I am by far not the one assuming higher moral or intellectual ground. You must be completely blind to the sway of the thread. That comment is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Are you kidding? I am by far not the one assuming higher moral or intellectual ground.

So then, on what basis are you proselytising? Snakes? (I like the ones with snakes...they've got moxie!).

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You started a thread criticizing pagan traditions from the standpoint of...what was it? Bronze age middle eastern folklore? Slightly ironic. but if that's not the point, please enlighten us.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am still waiting on reasons to convert
I've never been a Christian, and the arguments why seem to be fear mongering. I saw your post on Wiccans. Its not entirely accurate to say many beleive its an "old religion" anymore. Most admit Uncle Gerry made it up. Gardnerians, Alexandrians, and a few British traditional types however still beat that drum.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Many paths MANY Deities thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

"I am by far not the one assuming higher moral or intellectual ground."

Obviously you are, if you're posting a Christian testimony saying "read this if you hold a Pagan belief system".

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Religions, Demons, Gods, silly fluffy philosophies... Let's leave them in D&D where they belong, shall we? it's all bull#.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

With all due respect, In my experience one sure way demons get into people is through narrow minded dogma that doesn’t work to free the being but further imprison them in ethnocentric bigotry and ignorance.

Leaving themselves wide open for the Devil

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join