It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Even though all religions might lead to heaven, the Christian heaven is the only one with advanced science and technology. It is almost destined to figure out AI and secrets of consciousness and life first because of having advanced technology over the other religions. It's all part of Gods plan. Other religions are free to use the fruits of Christian faith but have to be content with getting information after Christian souls.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Are you saying that Allah has no bluetooth?
edit on 26-11-2014 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

I meant him as a god...and if you get my point why write that....Odin is a norse god which is from the germanic pagan religions

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Like many others from the new age movement, I have come to accept that Jesus Christ is our lord and savior.

You know what? Personal spirituality is just that. Personal. If I may be glib....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Man, it would be a nice change for some satanists trying to convert us..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Where did this come from?

Are you currently logged in using 802.11heavenlygate?

No, seriously, WHO teaches that technology is more advanced in some heavens above the others?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
since we are all at unique & individuals levels of Soul Growth/ Spiritual awareness/ Psyche development...

my Goddess attenuation will have no meaning or value to 99.9% of all the other persons in my spheres of life/living/influence

Just as the rare individual is focused on a Pantheon of Norse God-Men, that sphere of interest is completely foreign to me

the Trinity God, the Old Testament God, the new Testament Savior... all that praying & submission is just so much Idolic ritual in my eyes mixed with a strong dose of cannibalism...wow, that is all Alien to my psyche makeup

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
Couple of points here. My personal opinion is that spirituality is an innate human attribute, and as such, takes the form one gives it. Which means there is no right or wrong (as long as you don't scare the horses, eh?)

Secondly, it takes a certain type of person to insist that you embrace their particular vision, which is often more of a reflection on the person than their faith.

Born again? What about those who figure they got it right the first time? In an observation by the late great philosopher Carlin: "A man came up to me on the street and said I used to be messed up out of my mind on drugs but now I'm messed up out of my mind on Jeeesus Chriiist".

Next up, what is pagan, anyway? If I recall my etomology, it is related to the words 'paisan' and 'peasant'. Back when Christianity was first being embraced by the city folk in Rome, it was the country peasantry who stuck with the old gods, having no apparent reason to change. Hence 'pagan.'

Finally, anyone who does not see the old gods and religions all over Christian liturgy is simply wearing blinkers, and is intentionally choosing ignorance. Is it too early to say Merry Christmas?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yeah because New Agers and Neopagans are in that select group

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: network dude

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask? I know this notion is common and that it stems from the axiom 'all is mind' but it's not completely true.

Demons don't really care if someone doesn't believe in them, their existance is not dependent on people believing in them, and while they may respond to thoughtforms and willpower they're not completely impotent just because someone lacks belief.
Though often they may not have much interest in such persons.

In fact, not knowing how they operate may make one more vulnerable to the methods they employ.

This suggests that you're very knowledgable about demons and know how they operate. Why don't you share this wisdom with us and, importantly, cite your sources of this knowledge.

What do you want, a peer reviewed study from Harvard medical?
Read a book.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: network dude

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask? I know this notion is common and that it stems from the axiom 'all is mind' but it's not completely true.

Demons don't really care if someone doesn't believe in them, their existance is not dependent on people believing in them, and while they may respond to thoughtforms and willpower they're not completely impotent just because someone lacks belief.
Though often they may not have much interest in such persons.

In fact, not knowing how they operate may make one more vulnerable to the methods they employ.

This suggests that you're very knowledgable about demons and know how they operate. Why don't you share this wisdom with us and, importantly, cite your sources of this knowledge.

Read a book.

yes, actually. that would do quite well for a start.

and books dont have to tell the truth to sell well. or are hinkypuffs now a real thing?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Read a book.

Aren't you saying "Read my book"?
Lot's of books out there...lots of fiction masquerading as fact. Even if there is something weird going on out there, are we not grown up enough to look at peer-reviewed science for an explanation, rather than Bronze Age Middle Eastern folk tales?

That may well be good enough for you, but please don't try to assume higher moral or intellectual ground because others happen to disagree.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is some truth and wisdom in every religion.. But isnt it funny that something that pre dates christianity and the bible you call Pegan is actually based on there belives..

From THE 42 COMMANDMENTS OF ANCIENT EGYPT

Thou shalt not kill, nor bid anyone kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery or rape.
Thou shalt not steal nor take that which does not belong to you.
Thou shalt not bear false witness, nor support false allegations
Thou shalt not lie, nor speak falsely to the hurt of another
Thou shalt not take God's name in vain.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
Thou shalt remember and observe the appointed holy days

"Amen". History tells us that Amen was a name given to Ra in a doomed attempt to turn the Egyptians into monotheists. After the failure of the "one God" attempt, the name survived as Amen-Ra.

Further Christian parallels with the Osirian religion were Isis's virgin birth of Horus, Osiris being killed on a Friday, resurrected after three days,

Christmas day, Halloween, May Day, Easter... all have their origins as pagan festivals, yet the same days in their original contexts are condemned by the very organisation that now reveres them.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

What does New Age have to do with pagan beliefs? Pagan beliefs pre-date Christianity.

Well see that just it. The New Age is really just the Old Age getting back on its feet again after being crushed down. Around here anyway. Nothing really new about New Age in other parts of the world. The Gnostics were the pagans answer, blending ect trying to regain its losses in a co-opt method.

I would like you to explain exactly what New Age beliefs and religions are and how they are pre-Christian polytheistic pagan beliefs as practiced by paleo-pagans. Gnostics are not pagans. Please start by naming New Age religions that you claim are pagan and explain exactly what it is that, in your opinion, makes them pagan.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
Even though all religions might lead to heaven, the Christian heaven is the only one with advanced science and technology. It is almost destined to figure out AI and secrets of consciousness and life first because of having advanced technology over the other religions. It's all part of Gods plan. Other religions are free to use the fruits of Christian faith but have to be content with getting information after Christian souls.

You're not at all familiar with religions other than Christianity, are you? Most religions do not even believe in the Christian heaven and their practitioners don't have diddly squat interest in going there. Your notions about science in relationship to Christianity are entertaining if only because they're ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I meant him as a god...and if you get my point why write that....Odin is a norse god which is from the germanic pagan religions

There are people reading this thread who probably took your post to mean that Odin is a religion. My response to you was to dissuade them, not you, of that mistaken notion.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Man, it would be a nice change for some satanists trying to convert us..

I hear that they offer chocolate when they knock on doors. That would be a nice change from those pinch-a**sed, sour-faced fundamentalist Christians.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: che33
There is some truth and wisdom in every religion.. But isnt it funny that something that pre dates christianity and the bible you call Pegan is actually based on there belives..

From THE 42 COMMANDMENTS OF ANCIENT EGYPT

Thou shalt not kill, nor bid anyone kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery or rape.
Thou shalt not steal nor take that which does not belong to you.
Thou shalt not bear false witness, nor support false allegations
Thou shalt not lie, nor speak falsely to the hurt of another
Thou shalt not take God's name in vain.
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods
Thou shalt remember and observe the appointed holy days

"Amen". History tells us that Amen was a name given to Ra in a doomed attempt to turn the Egyptians into monotheists. After the failure of the "one God" attempt, the name survived as Amen-Ra.

Further Christian parallels with the Osirian religion were Isis's virgin birth of Horus, Osiris being killed on a Friday, resurrected after three days,

Christmas day, Halloween, May Day, Easter... all have their origins as pagan festivals, yet the same days in their original contexts are condemned by the very organisation that now reveres them.

Please tell us when ancient Eqyptians began referring to their deities as God, capital "G" and to which one they gave that title? Perhaps you're unaware that ancient Egyptians were polytheists.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So were the Hindu's
Apart from one dodgy leader the Egyptians were indeed polytheistic as hell. They really did not like the monotheistic attempts that one time

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Jesus preached gnosticism. I hope our world burns. This video only strengthened my conviction.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join