It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ager Now Born-Again Christian Testimony (Read this if you hold a pagan belief system)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Satan according to the mythology of your path WAS an angel of light. However nothing you have posted in this thread really seems to be anything beyond the usual level of "convert or be condemned" level of fear mongering.

SO again as a pagan, and I am. Tell me again why I should walk away from my ancestral deities?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

SO again as a pagan, and I am. Tell me again why I should walk away from my ancestral deities?

Because your pagan gods are not gods. They are rebelious servants of their creator who is the true God. What happens when you serve the rebelious servants? You get punished with the rebelious servants. I think thats pretty much what the ex-New Ager in the video was trying to communicate.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sorry, but after wasting 5 minutes of my heathen life on that crap, I want them back, please. I sure as hell am not wasting another 45 minutes listening to mind blowing ignorance and stupidity.

Sorry, but if anything, you have reminded me why I got away from the cult of the Born Again Christ-Insane in the first place.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

See New Agers do not always equate to Neopagans (sorry just need to put that out there, I am a neopagan, but no new ager).

SOrry I respect you (unlike the OP), but that is an argument with zero evidence, and with zero chance of working. I've been on my path for approaching three decades, and Jehovah, while a real deity, is not preeminent in my experience, and his followers tend to have fragile egos over that. I shall stick with the Tuatha thanks.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

What does New Age have to do with pagan beliefs? Pagan beliefs pre-date Christianity.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Exactly how do you follow all the "Commandants" as you call them while being a pagan? I suspect that you really don't know what paganism is. Lest you think I'm a raving fundamentalist Christian, nothing could be further from the truth. I'm offended that you would taint paganism with Christianity or call something pagan that isn't.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

I watched a good portion of the video and now im going to mock both Christianity and new age freaks....

Besides of all the religions out there the old Germanic Pagan religions like Odin and stuff is so much cooler....Odin has my vote if I have to pick one. But hey...to each their own..whatever brings you happiness makes me happy.

Odin isn't a religion. Odin is a Norse god. Nevertheless, I get your point.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
At its core, Christianity is not all that different from a pagan religion, it just uses a different vocabulary to describe its mystical, magical way of organizing the world, and instead of trying to explain the randomness of existence as a balance of forces in this world, it sets up a fictional afterlife where the balance/karma is focused.

The problem, OP, is that you had and still have a poor understanding of what both pagan religions and Christianity are trying to accomplish.

Christianity is hugely different from a pagan religion. No pagan religion is monotheistic. Pagan religions consider humans to be part of nature not separate from nature.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I'm counting the minutes until the OP says he used to be a baby sacrificing Satanic high priest.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Mike Shreve's story is worth a listen as well...

He was a New Age guru who dedicated his life to finding Nirvana when he had a supernatural encounter with God...

Well what happened is during that month-long period I got a letter from an old friend and he told me how he had been born-again, which was a foreign term to me. I didn’t understand, but he described Jesus coming into his heart and how he finally had an encounter with God. I wrote him back and said, “That doesn’t make sense to me.” But the letter just weighed on my mind until one day, as you said, I decided, you know, I’ve got to be open-minded. So I dedicated that whole day to the Lord Jesus and I said I’m not going to do yoga.

I’m not going to chant. I’m not going to do any meditation like I’m normally involved in. I’m just going to pray and read the Bible today. And if you really are the Messiah and if you really did come to die on a cross for the sense of humanity, then I believe you’ll show me today.

One of the members of the prayer group who happened to be a former yoga student himself, now that doesn't like coincidence, it sounds to me like a God instance. He was walking in a Laundromat and the Holy Spirit fell on him and said, "Don't go in there. I've got a job for you to do. Get in your van and start driving." He had no idea where God was going to lead him. But he started driving and every time he felt an impulse he'd take a turn. He didn't know that two miles away I was standing on the side of the ride hitchhiking.

I had been praying all day long from 3:30 in the morning until that afternoon that Jesus would reveal to me if he was the truth. And now I'm going to teach a yoga class. And he never picked up hitchhikers, but he said he felt this compulsion again to pull over the side of the road and pick me up. And when I opened the door and looked in my heart just started leaping inside of me. ...he had taped a picture of Jesus to the ceiling of his van... And that's the first thing I saw when I got in the van. I looked up and there's this picture. So I'm sitting on the edge of my seat in expectation.

And a few minutes later, he turned around and said, "Friend, can I ask you a question?" I said yes. He said, "Have you ever experienced Jesus coming into your heart?" I said, "No, but when can I?" And he gave me this surprise look like I wasn't supposed to respond so quick. He said, "You can come to our prayer meeting tonight." I said, "I don't want to wait that long." If I can find Jesus I want to find him now. And so he pulled the van over to the side of the road, left it running, we knelt down in the back of the van, we talked a little while, and then I prayed a simple prayer that I thought was too simple to bring me into contact with God, but it worked.

Sid: But it revolutionized his life. In fact, then he goes back to those hundreds of students at the four universities. And what did you tell your yoga students?

Mike: Most of my main students became Christians also. And we stopped the classes from that very point.

Video Transcript

Other links:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask? I know this notion is common and that it stems from the axiom 'all is mind' but it's not completely true.

Demons don't really care if someone doesn't believe in them, their existance is not dependent on people believing in them, and while they may respond to thoughtforms and willpower they're not completely impotent just because someone lacks belief.
Though often they may not have much interest in such persons.

In fact, not knowing how they operate may make one more vulnerable to the methods they employ.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask? I know this notion is common and that it stems from the axiom 'all is mind' but it's not completely true.

Demons don't really care if someone doesn't believe in them, their existance is not dependent on people believing in them, and while they may respond to thoughtforms and willpower they're not completely impotent just because someone lacks belief.
Though often they may not have much interest in such persons.

In fact, not knowing how they operate may make one more vulnerable to the methods they employ.

This suggests that you're very knowledgable about demons and know how they operate. Why don't you share this wisdom with us and, importantly, cite your sources of this knowledge.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Or perhaps mankind's incessant need to believe his/her "truth" is the only possibly valid "truth" is the problem.
I vote for that.
"Truth" as far as it pertains to the "ultimate truth of reality" is an personalized illusion we all chase.
And why do we chase it?
Fear.
We are fearful, uncertain, when we do not think we "know".
edit on 26-11-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Do you really believe that?
You should be extremely careful! Satan masquerades as an angel of light.

Even if he does, so what? If you aren't looking for a spirit to worship (and obey without question), then it doesn't matter.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Are you a troll? Every day I see another new post by you with a new video which makes little to no sense or is just laughably bad.

Feel free to ignore this post like you do to 90% of the replies as your grasp on sanity slips. You have experienced things that have happened in a video? Most likely a psychosomatic response when trying to find meaning in life.

How about, if you wish to talk about your belief system in a sensible and grown up way, may I suggest a thread which doesnt link to a youtube video and actually have a single thought of your own?

I leave you now to stew in your own juices about how everyone is out to get you and how no one takes your "God" seriously.

If there is a God and we have to be like you to get into "Heaven" then maybe being cast into the pits of eternal damnation to experience a second death and be separated from him/her forever isnt such a bad thing

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: supermarket2012

My friend, the sky is only blue and the grass only green. Once truth becomes a relativity, then all is lost. Science is man's limited observation. If the sciences do not harmonize, its because there is a flaw in our understanding of the truth.

Languages came from one master language, either Proto-Cainaanite or some Sumerian dialect. So our ability to communicate with others has degenerated. This is a loss of truth.

Untouched Sky

The red grass genus Sueda

en.wikipedia.org... "There is no consensus on the ultimate origin or age of human language."

Fixed thinking leads one nowhere.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

And how much experience do you have of demons if I may ask?

About the same as I do with the Easter Bunny. If you want to believe in the boogyman, great, go nuts and have a ball. I chose not to. I believe there is enough evil in pure human form on this earth that we don't need to manifest our fears into fake clouds of smoke.

Again, if you wish to believe in demons and ghosts, that's your thing. Enjoy that.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

What does New Age have to do with pagan beliefs? Pagan beliefs pre-date Christianity.

Well see that just it. The New Age is really just the Old Age getting back on its feet again after being crushed down. Around here anyway. Nothing really new about New Age in other parts of the world. The Gnostics were the pagans answer, blending ect trying to regain its losses in a co-opt method.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Or perhaps mankind's incessant need to believe his/her "truth" is the only possibly valid "truth" is the problem.
I vote for that.
"Truth" as far as it pertains to the "ultimate truth of reality" is an personalized illusion we all chase.
And why do we chase it?
Fear.
We are fearful, uncertain, when we do not think we "know".

Yes that is the problem. So many roads to truth when there is really only one.

And many do chase personalized illusions as well as illusions of what truth is and yet still truth is truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Klassified
Too late.

originally posted by: Klassified
Too late.

Oh. There you are.

I guess this post answers WakeUpBeer's question which was

Do you have any comments of your own?
Or do you only speak vicariously through YouTube videos?

And again you post a video without a synopsis, this one being almost an hour long.

Bravo

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join