It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Are Seen as Sex Objects More Today by Men.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Another thread where genders come in to state their point and insist the other side adhere to their way and neither side listening. I predict 20+ pages.

As a man I do view women sexually. If only I could tolerate ones company for more than a few hours without wanting to run out the door. So I just handle my own sexual urges and leave them the hell alone, not worth the headache.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

1st there are women that want to be objectified, and there are men that want to be objectified. In the sense that when you look at them, aesthetically, you believe they are something of a flawless objective being.

2nd, The existence of the sexes, and the need of sex for procreation. Think about how different the world would be if Men did not need women for procreation and vice versa. I have done some thinking on this, and came to the conclusion that there would still need to be the traditional 'taking care of the child, and raising it' role, while the other scours the earth in search of materials to bring back.

But regardless. Men and women like sex...the ones that do. Some may not just want sex but want a family partner. When one desires 'not family partner sex', can we admit it is closer to an objective phenomenon than...what.. a spiritual one? They are looking for a carnal experience, the releasing of chemicals, the aesthetic intrigue of bouncing flesh.

Men, some, want to feel wanted. Women, some, want to feel wanted. This is how they determine their own value and self worth, in 'the dating game'... or 'pre looking for family partner'. I am starting to think the muslim 'cover the women' route is a product of these sorts of societal discourses and such.

When a man thinks that the only value a woman can have to him, is pleasuring him, being an object for his pleasure, a man that is not looking for a wife (or if he is looking for a wife, will be in for an interesting marriage, perhaps maybe the exception not the rule, of basing a marriage predominantly off of sex). I can see how he will hardly even consider an unattractive woman, a human. This sort of male, will most likely not respect unattractive males, or maybe any male either and anyway, besides some close friends.

A person may simply, value all people as humans. A person may simply not. A person may simply be nice to people. A person may not. A person may value intelligence and wrongly and rightly judge a persons intelligence to then value them. A person may only value women for their sexual potential. A person may value all women as humans. A person may hate beautiful women because he knows he will never 'get with her', thus hating the objectification of woman, or the very object of objectified women, but for 'the wrong?' reasons.

The world is a messy and confusing place.

To answer directly the title of this thread.

I would say Women are always viewed as sex objects, because a mans body naturally tells him 'hey dude...have sex... have sex.... have sex". regularly.

There are multi billion dollar businesses which take advantage of this. And many women have adapted to take advantage of this nature as well, such as 'the worlds oldest profession.

Women are seen as sex objects, as males should be seen as sex objects, because humans are sex objects. Humans also think, and have feelings, and control what the objectiveness of their bodies do.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: Answer

The idea of long-term relationships exists in a lot of cultures. because of the need to pool resources to raise children.
I don't think going against nature as you call it is that difficult. A choice is made to have sex with another person, people are perfectly capable of saying no.
If you are a person who does not wish to be monogamous, then find like minded people.

I know what you're saying but one look at all the unhappy and failed marriages would invalidate your idea that going against nature isn't difficult.

It really comes down to chemicals: testosterone and oxytocin. In long-term relationships, the testosterone-fueled manliness and passion from her male partner that attracted the woman in the first place is reduced as oxytocin (the bonding chemical) increases. This has effects on the man's ability to be aroused by his long-term partner which not only has disastrous effects on their sex life but also causes the woman to see the more nurturing man as less sexually appealing. In turn, she wants someone new who can make her feel wanted and he wants someone new who arouses him the same way his wife did early in the relationship.

Unfortunately, the traits that make long-term relationships viable are the exact traits that make so many people unhappy in long-term relationships. Frankly, this is also why so many people have opted for open marriages and why those open marriages can (sometimes) actually work.

You can say that relationships are not all about sex but it's certainly a catalyst for issues to arise and it's more about the passion involved than the physical act.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Another thread where genders come in to state their point and insist the other side adhere to their way and neither side listening. I predict 20+ pages.

As a man I do view women sexually. If only I could tolerate ones company for more than a few hours without wanting to run out the door. So I just handle my own sexual urges and leave them the hell alone, not worth the headache.

Women aren't your problem. You are your problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Please speak for yourself, I am no animal. The difference between human and animal: choice. The cow gets slaughtered and eaten, because it has no free will, I do.

Sex is surely a awesome thing, and here comes another difference between male and female approach to that: Woman have sex to find love. Most of the time, they let some dude use them because they want to get approval and attention, find a reason to build a nest.
Man seek relationships to have regularly sex, in case they're not sufficently sucessfull, on a free range. I don't know maybe that's a sinister view of men. But they don't love like we do... Well like the good ladies, in touch with their hearts: the true swan grales.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You have to remember that men are more visual and women are not...not to the degree that men are.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There is no good comment to this topic. Sometimes, it is best to let your opinions fade away unless they should inspire someone else to impropriety. ;p

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Please speak for yourself, I am no animal. The difference between human and animal: choice. The cow gets slaughtered and eaten, because it has no free will, I do.

Sex is surely a awesome thing, and here comes another difference between male and female approach to that: Woman have sex to find love. Most of the time, they let some dude use them because they want to get approval and attention, find a reason to build a nest.
Man seek relationships to have regularly sex, in case they're not sufficently sucessfull, on a free range. I don't know maybe that's a sinister view of men. But they don't love like we do... Well like the good ladies, in touch with their hearts: the true swan grales.

Yes... yes you are an animal. Regardless how special and wonderful you think you are, your animal nature controls much more than you think.

Your interpretation of sex and relationships is a very... immature and "fairy tale" way of looking at it. Regardless how you feel about it, there is a scientific way to explain the situation. You'd do well to better understand it so your outlook isn't as bleak.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I usually find that it is some middle aged old bag that gets no attention
that bleats on about men treating woman as sexual objects.. when in fact
they are trying to cover up their envious jealous feelings.

A beautiful woman is just that .... and should be admired .

Admired until the 'beautiful woman' ages out of it and becomes the 'middle aged old bag'?

Wow, this is wrong on so many levels.

I think you're imagining up out of whole cloth the 'I've usually found' segment of your post. I doubt you've talked to that many people, or have read that many statements and found out whether the writer was 'beautiful' or 'a middle aged old bag' as you so kindly put it.

Maybe just once in your pitiful headspace, look at people as just that, people.

The vast majority of humans on this planet are average looking; Hollywood and Madison Avenue exist to perpetuate the idea that everyone can be gorgeous if only they'll buy the right clothes and makeup but the reality is nothing of the sort. Even the most gorgeous person has a short window of time before that beauty is gone and then they'd damn well better have something else to fall back on; hopefully a decent personality and some innate intelligence, because you can't buy that in a drugstore.

It's been little over a hundred years since women had few career/support options open to them; you were either a wife supported economically by the efforts of a man as a farmer or storekeeper with you working in the home to keep that end of things running, or you were a schoolteacher, or a nun. Your fourth choice was probably working as a saloon girl/prostitute. I imagine a lot of women went into that fourth option because of lousy parenting or perhaps lack of intelligence to perform the other roles.

All feminism ever wanted was for the options to be open; for a female to chose for herself what life and career she pursued and not to be typecast. Is that too much to ask, and to not have our lives constrained by the male of the species' issues?

I can think of nothing more spiritually horrific than to be told from a young age on how 'cute' I was, only to think that was my sole value to other people, and then worrying all the while about the day it went away... and all the while being judged on the arbitrary measuring stick of an endless supply of the clueless users like the above poster...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

The cow gets slaughtered because he is overpowered and forced into it. Many people were led to the slaughter during the holocaust. Your comparison just doesn't work.

I believe we are animals of a high order. We have animalistic tendencies, especially when it comes to sex and the other basic needs.

originally posted by: Nechash
There is no good comment to this topic.

What? It's just a discussion. I have seen a LOT of good responses. I think it's a pretty interesting thread, actually.

(post by Peeple removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Sorry, just weeding my garden. The plants that were blooming while analyzing the state of our current society were not worthy of sunlight. ;p I guess I should speak for myself. The rest of you seem to have been much more responsible than I.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

There is a difference, the human knows it is wrong, I can kill a cow without regretting it, because I want to eat it
The holocaust argument is just growse. I hope you see why?
1:It was unnecessary
2:It was born by nothing but hate

I don't hate the cow I kill for food...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

There is a difference, the human knows it is wrong, I can kill a cow without regretting it, because I want to eat it
The holocaust argument is just growse. I hope you see why?
1:It was unnecessary
2:It was born by nothing but hate

I don't hate the cow I kill for food...

And what when you can gain the same nutrition and or more from non cow products?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

well, as a pampered spoiled European I actually chose to be a vegetarian. Still some cows, I'd totally kill... Tasty bitches, miss them actually, and they want it I can tell by the looks they're giving me sometimes...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It's a woman's choice. They know when they pose in magazines, wear skimpy clothing, and the like that they will get sexual attention. Some women see being sexual in that manner as being 'powerful.' Because they have the attention of a man.

As someone above posted, have you seen the young girls/young adult females at the malls? On FB? On Instagram? Have you noticed that a photo of a half dressed female/female showing cleavage gets more likes than a fully dressed woman? Females get attention for being sexual. It isn't often that a teenage boy might comment on how pretty a girls eyes are. Instead it's "Damn girl, you fine." Or something. And that is a choice.

I, as a female, prefer to not been seen as a sexual object. In fact, when people say I'm "Sexy" or "Hot" I get really uncomfortable and try to cover up even more. It's not that I'm a prude, I just appreciate more genuine comments. A guy that comments on how he loves a womans body will love every womans body. A guy that comment on how he loves a womans mind is likely a keeper. Of course, that's not all men.

At the end of the day, it's a choice. There are some women who still tend to the home. Look at the Duggar family, for example. They women have babies, and tend to the home. But not all women are like that. Nor should they be.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I think it all depends on 'perspective'.

With the Internet, a lot has changed.

Only need to type in a few words and you'll see what I mean. No wonder Men see Women as nothing more than sex!

I mean all those under 25 who view the net are most likely thinking that way anyways. The older guys are more Mature to know that not all women are like that but we still see some who are definately just here to have sex with or masterbate off to on the net!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

but not everyone looks good with their clothes off.

edit on 023030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

However if you want to be seen as more than sexual put some clothes on and do something intelligent.

Anyone can take their clothes off...
It's not a miraculous thing.

Well, I'd counter with what I do or do not wear and when is not for you to judge or even comment on and has no bearing on my intelligence anywhere but in your judgmental mind. Clearly even the thought of people with their clothes off does something to your intelligence. So whose issue is that really?

lol this is a great topic

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

darn tootin

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join