It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Women Are Seen as Sex Objects More Today by Men.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Now before all the feminist’s and feminist sympathizer’s get their feathers in a bunch, please take a moment and read the entire post. I have pondered for quite some time on this topic, but have only recently come up with what I believe may be a good logical answer, and what I have discovered was interesting.

Aside from the MSM, Hollywood, and corporations that exploit women's genders for money, there is something deeper rooted than what many typically would think.

Men started out as hunters/ gatherers, shelter providers, protectors and this role did not changed for ages.

Men’s Roles for Ages
Think about it for a moment, a man is geared to:
1) Hunt for food and gather
2) Provide a home/ Shelter and provide protection for his territory.
3) Insure his genes survive (ie: Procreation/Breeding)

Women’s Roles for Ages, what a women is geared to:
1) Preparing food
2) Taking care of a male’s territory (cleaning) and caring for offspring (children).
3) Produce children to insure her genes were carried on

Fast-forward to today’s society. Only in the past century has there been any type of major shift in the positions and roles for men and women, especially in the past few decades.

Today women don't need men for the hunting and gathering anymore, and they don’t need men to protect them. Women have excelled in the work and business arena granting them the ability to get their food by shopping. This new mode of living has also given women the power to purchase/rent a home or apartment (ie: Shelter).

Protection isn't needed anymore because laws, courts, and law enforcement officers there to enforce territory protections and punishment.

Women have also found a surrogate for their procreation needs, it’s called a sperm bank.

And with the advent of 2/3 of the divorces filed these days are by women, it only adds credence that women do not need men in their typical “Mans Role of Ages”.

www.divorce-lawyer-source.com...

With women continuing on with their “Roles for Ages” and coupled with today’s modus operandi, what’s left for men to see women as?

I would ask everyone to be polite and respectful when commenting, because this type of topic can sometimes heated.

Regards,

RT

edit on 19-11-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Go for a walk in your local mall on saturday afternoon. the school age girls are dressing to draw attention from the boys. They want the attention and that's the only way they know how to get it.

Your hunter gather thing is correct also. The boys I see today are the gender neutral type. Apparently testosterone is a bad thing today.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not all women...
But a large number do bring this on themselves.

When women are happy to be on Page 3 of The Sun with their Mammory glands hanging out in a pair of knickers...
When women are happy to make music videos where they dress in next to nothing while shaking their behind...

Well there's only one reason for that.
It's sexual.

Put some clothes on and read a book.
I'm sure even the women of ATS agree that there is only one reason why those types of women do what they do.

Maybe they're nymphos

edit on 19-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Changed because of elaboration!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Funny how it's a woman's body and her choice when it comes to abortion rights, but her having her pictures taken naked and put in a magazine is degrading to women. .

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hiya Realtruth,

originally posted by: Realtruth
Now before all the feminist’s and feminist sympathizer’s get their feathers in a bunch, please take a moment and read the entire post.

Did it three times.

Men started out as hunters/ gatherers, shelter providers, protectors and this role did not changed for ages.

There is a fair amount of evidence to show that women actually did their fair amount of hunting and gathering, and earlier societies were set up to be more egalitarian. Some later societies kept this up somewhat in the north of Europe, but eventually Romans and others came. It might seem like splitting hairs but its pretty important in the overall picture when you say that:

Fast-forward to today’s society. Only in the past century has there been any type of major shift in the positions and roles for men and women, especially in the past few decades.

It's hard to say was was a natural or unnatural state of affairs. Not doubting that men have always been the combative ones, but those roles have blurred over the last 6000 years.

With women continuing all of their “Roles for Ages” coupled with today’s ideals, what’s left for men to see women as?

I think you will have to correct me here? (And the hordes of others that will come)

It kind of seems like you're saying ... women were once protected and were sex objects. Now women are just sex objects because of modern life, disrespect of male roles, and divorce?

I'll agree that men are given more scrutiny than they have ever had in history, but its potentially looking for trees in woods for me! Seems modern western life has removed a lot of the nuances of supportive and interconnected families under the guise of protecting people from 'rampant nepotism' and encouraging personal responsibility. Where we once saw uncles, fathers, mothers, aunties, cousins, and support networks we now just seem to discuss gender and relations between two to six people (nuclear family).

If we're all individuals and not connected, then yes we probably will start looking at each other as objects even without any over arching theories of divorce law or the loss of the male's alleged place in society, no?

Edit: The concerning part is ... take a woman's perspective, rewrite your OP, be terrified by how women might perceive men. (It can be worse than 'just' sex objects)
edit on 19-11-2014 by Pinke because: Edit:

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

With women continuing on with their “Roles for Ages” and coupled with today’s modus operandi, what’s left for men to see women as?

Equal partners? That's how my man sees me. Men and women are needed to procreate. Don't forget women (ideally) choose men who would make good fathers.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I never said it was degrading...

However if you want to be seen as more than sexual put some clothes on and do something intelligent.

Anyone can take their clothes off...
It's not a miraculous thing.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Not all women...
But a large percentage do bring this on themselves.

When women are happy to be on Page 3 of The Sun with their Mammory glands hanging out in a pair of knickers...
When women are happy to make music videos where they dress in next to nothing while shaking their behind...

Well there's only one reason for that.
It's sexual.
)

What...?
So a "Large Percentage" of women are Pop Singers and Topless Models now?
I think the VAST majority of women are nothing like that, it would be a tiny percent that you're talking about, like minuscule... not large.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Men’s Roles for Ages
Think about it for a moment, a man is geared to:
1) Hunt for food and gather
2) Provide a home/ Shelter and provide protection for his territory.
3) Insure his genes survive (ie: Procreation/Breeding)

Women’s Roles for Ages, what a women is geared to:
1) Preparing food
2) Taking care of a male’s territory (cleaning) and caring for offspring (children).
3) Being seen as the sex object to produce children to insure that genes were carried on

Why, when talking about procreation, the man's role is simply to "insure his genes survive" and the woman's is to be an object? Why isn't her role the EXACT same as the man's? To Insure HER genes survive?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I never said it was degrading...

However if you want to be seen as more than sexual put some clothes on and do something intelligent.

I didn't mean that to come across as criticizing you.I was actually trying to agree with you.I just find it funny that feminists can walk around topless holding signs that say don't tell me how to dress.and then get mad when a woman takes off her clothes for money.just seems like a double standard to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Considering there is 4 billion women on the planet...
Even 1 percent is a large number.

Btw that was just two examples of many.

Maybe have a flick through just one edition of Nuts magazine or some other alternative and you're guarunteed to see hundreds of amateur glamour models from all around the globe?

Have you seen Twitter?
Or facebook?

Plenty of amateur glamour models there as well...

Put some clothes on.
That's if you want to be seen as more than a sex object.

Take them off if that's what you like.

I never said I was for or against this.
It's a woman's choice.

But don't act like by taking off your clothes you're are supposed to be seen as some sort of revolutionary intellect.
You're a photo for the jerk bank.
Edit: That goes for men or women!
edit on 19-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Funny how it's a woman's body and her choice when it comes to abortion rights, but her having her pictures taken naked and put in a magazine is degrading to women. .

Women / feminists aren't a hive mind.

The contradictions you're drawing attention to are generally debated by individual theorists or persons etc ... To draw a connection between those things you should probably find an individual school of thinking or person and debate them. We all different views on personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I think many women from an early age are brought up to think they have to look good to get a guy with a decent job and have a family and a good life.

Instead of teaching them....you can have your own decent job, family and good life.

Of course these are massive stereotypes but it doesnt make them any less false. The majority of women I have met have no desire to really seek out knowledge or a career. But the ones who do....omg they are so golden. I am so attracted to independent intelligent women. Honestly the women on ats are probably the exact kind of girl id be happy with. Someone with some fire and passion about their opinions with facts and research to back it up!

So lets stereotype guys as well...you have a man that has a career...good job good life...loves his hobbies...he has everything he needs but wants sex...or a companion. He gets one that looks good but maybe can't provide much else...i dont care how hot someone is you get bored with them sexually at times...and in those moments you need a companion that is a friend and has things in common until you can spice things up a bit. This is why the divorice rate is so high in my opinion...we focus on sex much more than things in common.

This is just my opinion... I don't think less of either sex.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Considering there is 4 billion women on the planet...
Even 1 percent is a large number.

But you said a large percent?
Anyway, of course society these days is geared towards sex... there are as many topless guys and wannabe hunks out there as there are women doing it.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The best way to get the truth out of people on this subject is to hit home.

I'm sure many of you have sisters, daughters, female cousins, aunties & mothers...

Now would you want them parading themselves half naked?

Would it be liberating or sexual?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

I do understand that. I have been married for 20 years and have a 12 year old daughter.
My wife is a strong willed bank manager.
I am only pointing out the hypocrisy I see in today's society and it's treatment of women.

edit on 19-11-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Yes I changed it to large number, I see where I may have come across confusing.

I agree that it's aimed at men as well as women also.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You never saw me taking my clothes off...

@OP: There are still woman wanting to get protected from their partners.
But, and I get probably stoned from my fellow females: At the same time make it impossible for them to do so. I am getting a divorce, and guess why, wrong choice. The guy didn't have enough testosteron, maybe...
So the thing is more like: Woman were over ages used to the male part being not at home. Woman can handle being alone a lot better than man do, because of this. Most guys still need some company and someone telling them they are the best, while moder women often only care for themseves and not so much consider the needs of the ones they're with.
The equal partner thing, just doesn't work. When you have sex, the female part is getting #ed, the male #s. No feminist movement can change that...
Said that already in another female rights thread: Women are the holy grale, and act like trophy cups.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
As someone that has done nude modeling, I would like to say that I never thought of myself as being exploited. It was my decision to do it, I did it; and have no shame in it. I don't feel that I was being exploited, if anything; I found it amusing to be paid to stand there in my birthday suit!!!

Who is exploiting whom there? I was the one that made out on that end of the deal!

It is all everyone's personal opinion, but if you walk a day in the shoes of someone who decides to take on that role; you may end up seeing a very different side of life and realize it's an easy buck to make to put some food on the table at the end of the day for my family.

A_L

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As Pinke said, we don't all think with one mind. I happen to be big on CHOICE.

Women posing in magazines is not degrading. Women staying home and raising babies is not degrading. Women having an abortion is not degrading. If they CHOOSE to do it, more power to them. If they choose to think it's degrading, then don't do it. It's called freedom.

I certainly don't look down on women who pose nude, strip for a living, raise babies, have an abortion or are prostitutes. It's all about choice.

If how a woman dresses (or doesn't dress) indicates whether or not she's seen as a sex object, I think that's the man's problem. A woman should never be seen as an object. A beautiful (even nasty) woman that you'd like to have sex with? Sure. But an object? That's your problem. Women are not objects, period, regardless of their body covering.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join