It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Noooooooooo don't you put that evil on us.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Valhall
Now it's up close and personal. AC's house in the Hamptons is probably stocked with Perrier, Xanax, Purell, and shrink-wrapped smoked salmon. Seriously, it will be interesting to see if the correspondents follow the script or ask hard questions.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
when doctors lack common sense in 2014...

We are doomed...

This dumb arse is the next ebola patient...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
a reply to: RunForTheHills

At least he had the presence of mind to quarantine himself.

Was that before or after he took a cab to go bowling?

second line

(For a doctor, we have another idiot!)

I think it was after. He wanted to spread the love around before he knew he had to check in. "rolls eyes" You would think as a DR he would have some common sense. I hope no one loses their life because of him being an idiot!.

Doctors have common sense? Are you sure? I thought they removed that before graduation??? Hmmm. Learn something new every day. It's possible this doctor got his medical license where my grandfather used to always say. The prize from the Cracker Jack box.

***You've GOT to be kidding me! As I was typing this a UNICEF commercial just came on about how to "Get rid of Ebola, Help now, Make a donation." Money, money, money! Ching! Ching! Hear that dollar ring Y'all!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm just waiting to here he used one of the many supermarkets around here. Hell, there's a supermarket one block up from where he lives that has all the fruits and vegetables sitting outside. Surely a doctor couldn't be this incompetent?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

***You've GOT to be kidding me! As I was typing this a UNICEF commercial just came on about how to "Get rid of Ebola, Help now, Make a donation." Money, money, money! Ching! Ching! Hear that dollar ring Y'all!

I know! It was a tad obscene, given the circumstances. Screw it, let's all send checks to NYC if that's all it takes. LOL!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: speedyguy
I'm just waiting to here he used one of the many supermarkets around here. Hell, there's a supermarket one block up from where he lives that has all the fruits and vegetables sitting outside. Surely a doctor couldn't be this incompetent?

that is a scary thought. I do not think I would be buying any fresh fruits and vegetables unless I could rinse them in bleach!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: speedyguy

Well if he just returned good possibility he had
to stock up on everything ...groceries...unless his girlfriend
did it for him.

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 23102014 by Ektar because: left out info

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Prediction: Stock market plummets 500+ points tomorrow morning.

link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

It cannot be understated here… this doctor and the other two HCWs in Dallas all were exposed even though they were wearing proper PPE.

CDC is on their way to New York? I bet they whisk the good doctor out of there. The last thing they need in Manhatten is a replay of Dallas .

link   
At the dentists, daycares, emergency rooms, etc - when someone answers "yes" to the key questions, what is the response? Do they immediately go put on a hazmat suit? Or just ask more detailed questions? At what point would they actually get concerned anough to put some distance between themselves and the respondent? What if the person has sneezed or coughed while the question/answer session was going on?

Long ago, I worked as a CNA and we had to have special training to work with people who were in a vegetative state and had multiple blood transfusions and thus were at risk (I think for Hepatitis B but it has been a long time). That alone was quite burdensome and we always worried that we might miss something, and that was just a couple of special patients, and only part of the time.
edit on 23-10201410-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

I mean really! What is the average daycare worker going to do if little Billy's dad is a doctor and has recently been out of the country, even if they say they were in Africa?. I'm guessing they are maybe being told, if they work for a chain daycare, that they should send Billy home, for the next few days, but then what? Will daycares all over the country be calling the CDC to report to a watch list or a "if this person gets sick, we could be exposed" list? The possibilities for exposure are just endless and our country and people in general are not aware, even if new policies to ask a list of questions are being implemented in some workplaces.
edit on 23-10201410-1414 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: intrptr
Bowling with Ebola…

The synchronicity with this whole affair - the past two or three months - has been off the charts. Not to be believed. LOL!

Well, I am officially freaked:

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
I cannot believe that Obama's speech writers have not had a pre prepared in advance for months a script ready for the announcement of the first confirmed case of a bowler (Ebola, I am leacing the original in there as it is too funny a mistranslation of speach to text)in the United States.

There I said it

I don't think its so funny now...

Back to reading and catching up on the thread...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Okay everyone make sure to come up for air every now and then with some good news.

Ebola cases in Liberia are dropping
edit on 23-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: speedyguy

That is a scary thought. Long time lurker here from DFW area in Texas, but I have decided to take the ATS plunge.

I'll be honest - the NYC situation worries me a lot more than the cases here in Dallas. Why? There is still a serious culture of driving everywhere around here and you can drive 20 min south of Dallas and be in sparse farm country.

That isn't the case in NYC - big urban environment, tons of public transportation, and massive urban / suburban sprawl...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stylez1
I live right next door (NJ) This seems so surreal. My boyfriend thinks that I am infected with fearbola, lol, He is very critical of anyone who is overly concerned about this. I constantly tell him that some people are pro -active and others constantly Reactive. He falls in the latter category. Prevention is better than having to cure in this case. I don't understand how he can't grasp the simple concept that extreme caution, concern and preventative measures is what will keep this thing from getting out of hand. If The sh!ht hits the fan here in the U.S, Imagine how much harder it will be trying to help diminish this at the source in africa.

You're contagious!!!! I think you gave it to me!!!! I have fearbola too!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but there is no excuse for this, he should have known better, he knew he wasn't feeling right, the second he knew he should have isolated himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
From the link earlier:

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

www.nytimes.com...

He took the freaking subway!?

originally posted by: texasgirl

Well, that's just dandy. A subway car packed with people like sardines. What a fine way to start an actual pandemic.

Like the start of an outbreak movie or something.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: RunForTheHills

If not for ATS we may not know it even existed.

Had a conversation with a young lady in line at the grocery store the other day. I asked what she thought about Ebola. She said she hadn't heard of them.

My daughter told people to stop freaking out about Ebola on Facebook the other day because quote "it's not here in the US yet". I don't know if it's what the group home is teaching her, (autism), or school, but I had to gently let her know that that yes, for now, people don't need to freak out (this was when it was just Duncan and only Duncan), but yes, Ebola WAS in the USA.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

News came out before they could provide the appropriate scripts to inform the public.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
a reply to: thesaneone

Noooooooooo don't you put that evil on us.

I don't wish this evil on anyone but when I think of ebola in a city like New York I visualize that scene in I am legend where everyone is trying to leave the city and having to go through military check points, having loved ones separated from each other because one has a slight fever... I can go on but I think that was depressing enough.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join