It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: speedyguy

That is a scary thought. Long time lurker here from DFW area in Texas, but I have decided to take the ATS plunge.

I'll be honest - the NYC situation worries me a lot more than the cases here in Dallas. Why? There is still a serious culture of driving everywhere around here and you can drive 20 min south of Dallas and be in sparse farm country.

That isn't the case in NYC - big urban environment, tons of public transportation, and massive urban / suburban sprawl…

Hi SonOfThor, welcome to ATS! Nice splashdown. You are right about the population density in NY city increasing the chances of spreading. Not only but where else would more people per capita be heading in and out of?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
God damn, I guess it was only a matter of time. Being here in Chicago I'm just waiting for the first one to pop up here too. Then the fear will be real here... Ahh This sucks...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
Gupta (who tweeted at NY0 a week ago, they're friends) just nonchalantly said over the phone on CNN that the doctor went to the hospital several days ago with symptoms and was sent away.

Maybe his blood wasn't infected enough to get a positive test result??? (Sorry, tired so no thinking clearly. Forgive me. My medication is beginning to kick in.)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Prediction: Stock market plummets 500+ points tomorrow morning.

mobile.twitter.com...

Futures down.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have had it with these people that don't give a damn about us.....

Government, needs to enforce the law...

Period..

I have had it.. Next message is to the LOL us American president email...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
read through this

www.dailymail.co.uk...

But it has emerged that instead of steering clear of crowds, the 33-year-old last night took the subway from Harlem to Williamsburg, where he visited The Gutter, before taking an Uber cab home. Earlier that day, he went on a three-mile jog and took the 1 train to the High Line garden - a popular tourist destination - before eating out at a restaurant.

New Yorkers have flooded Twitter in panic revealing their fears after visiting the bowling alley and taking the subway at the same time.

One exclaimed: 'He took the subway from Harlem to Brooklyn?!?! YOU LITERALLY HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE ENTIRE CITY SUBWAY SYSTEM TO DO THAT'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... spital-103F-fever.html#ixzz3H1nEmy00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks for the warm welcome! I agree - I mean other than someplace like the Haj / Mecca, or some place in China or India, I can't think of a more closely connected populace here in the states than NYC...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Maybe some doctors should have borders...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar
The "quarantined for her safety" girlfriend almost certainly will end up with it. Or does anybody really think that after returning from an extended period overseas they wore gloves and didn't exchange at least a kiss? She must be frightened out of her mind right now, and with good reason. I would be!

The NY Daily News article makes it sound like she was brought into the hospital quarantine kicking and screaming. If so, I don't blame her. She was probably pissed more at her boyfriend than at the quarantine.

An agitated woman who identified herself as Spencer’s fiancée showed up later at Bellevue. She has since been quarantined, sources said.

NY DailyNews

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I ride the subway everyday...will do so tomorrow - and let you all know how people are behaving. Could be interesting.

People they're interviewing on the local news are pretty ticked off at this doctor!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Doctor goes to hospital with symptoms in line with Ebola and says (we presume he stated or they knew) "I'm a Doctor returning from West Africa having treated Ebola patients" and he isn't quarantined. Was it ever mentioned which hospital?
edit on 23-10-2014 by TNMockingbird because: grammatically incorrect

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My daughter (RN Student) just turned the news off. Said she couldn't take it anymore. Yes the news was full of depressing news tonight. I think I am about brain dead too. I do know I know a lot more about this case from ATS then they told on the news.

New York is one of our biggest cities with tons of tourist, I still can not believe anyone would risk spreading an epidemic in the Big Apple unless it was intentional or they are an idiot. It scares me to think this could not end very well for any of us.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
I have had it with these people that don't give a damn about us.....

Government, needs to enforce the law...

Period..

I have had it.. Next message is to the LOL us American president email...

Oh please, the only people that caught it from the guy in Dallas were 2 healthcare workers after he was hosipitalized. He showed no symptoms when he was out, therefore not contagious. No laws broken.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Learned this morning via phone call with the friend, that we have a customer in Kenya currently....

I live on the kenai peninsula of Alaska, I consider making a short thread to warn Alaskan ATSers, but a bit worried I would be falling into the fear trap.

But man......I feel like it may be here as well as every other state eventually.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
I ride the subway everyday...will do so tomorrow - and let you all know how people are behaving. Could be interesting.

People they're interviewing on the local news are pretty ticked off at this doctor!

wear gloves that are disposable and good luck. Please tell us tomorrow if you see any difference in the subway passengers. This could be interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

And not only that... But i believe it is quite chilly in NY right now. Any locals can correct me if i'm wrong but i know here in VA we have been experiencing some cooler temps (finally) and i thought the entire east/northeast was aswell

From my understanding the cooler the temperature is the longer the virus is able to survive outside of the body- I cant imagine NY is a very 'clean' place .....

I really hope we are all in a panic over nothing. I really do... but that is an awful lot of area that he traveled...and im sure countless amounts of people that not only could be infected, but may not start showing symptoms themselves for another week or two ... or longer.

I hope Gupta's comment was just mis spoken or something and that he wasnt sent home ... if thats the case, then he surely went in because he was feeling sick and therefor, to my feeble mind, most likely contagious.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Learned this morning via phone call with the friend, that we have a customer in Kenya currently....

I live on the kenai peninsula of Alaska, I consider making a short thread to warn Alaskan ATSers, but a bit worried I would be falling into the fear trap.

But man......I feel like it may be here as well as every other state eventually.

Please explain this further.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Maybe some doctors should have borders...

No we have to stop this in West Africa so that we do not get walk on cases here.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

yes, welcome to the forum

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RunForTheHills
fox news is reporting that he self quarantined his self! Why are they lying!!!

On the other shoe you have DeBlasio and the NY Health Department saying "he self quarantined, yet he didn't self quarantine," on CNN. Well which is it guys? Since he obviously went out, IMHO, he OBVIOUSLY did NOT self quarantine, so let's stop the BS story that he did, can we please? If I hear it one more time, I might chuck the remote at the TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join