It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: dianajune
jogging, bowling, subways, covered all the bases didn't he?

Yup....that sounds about right! How convenient.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Wouldn't it suck to be a sanitation worker in NYC right now?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Wouldn't it suck to be a sanitation worker in NYC right now?

Thanks that actually made me laugh!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
Okay everyone make sure to come up for air every now and then with some good news.

Ebola cases in Liberia are dropping

That's because they're all coming here

I glad to hear it's on the decline there. IF they are being honest, and accurate on the count.

Is my *I don't trust anyone on ebola* slip showing?

Des

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: Anyafaj

Doctor goes to hospital with symptoms in line with Ebola and says (we presume he stated or they knew) "I'm a Doctor returning from West Africa having treated Ebola patients" and he isn't quarantined. Was it ever mentioned which hospital?

crazy aint it

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Please explain this further.

I work as an appliance/electronics salesman/installer.

As soon as I clocked in this morning I received a phone call from a lady calling on behalf of her friend who recently inquired about a new fridge (or something to that effect, it was a full day)

The reason she was calling for her friend is because her friend is currently in Kenya. I know Kenya is not the epicenter of the outbreak, but my mind goes Africa? Oh $h!t, Ebola!

So now it's confirmed that at some point someone will travel from Kenya to Kenai Alaska.......should we be concerned? I already am.

Edit: sorry meant to post this in the thread titled: "Ebola, calm mongering"

As a simple precaution I'm off to make the thread.

edit on 23-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: Fix em

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Prediction: Stock market plummets 500+ points tomorrow morning.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Wall Street will just love this....not!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: kosmicjack
From the link earlier:

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

www.nytimes.com...

He took the freaking subway!?

Well, that's just dandy. A subway car packed with people like sardines. What a fine way to start an actual pandemic.

Not only did he take the subway, he most likely rode in the front of the A train (the most crowded part going downtown) since the transfer for the L train (also a very crowded line) is in the front of the 14th street station. Never thought my neighborhood would be ground zero for ebola in NY.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This should make Uber driver partner feel better.

Uber statement on New York Ebola patient: 'We reviewed our record and were able to confirm that 1 of our driver partners in New York provided a ride to the patient yesterday evening. We immediately contacted the CDC and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, which stated that neither our driver partner nor any of his subsequent passengers are at risk' - statement

How does Uber driver know who was in his car? If an Uber is anything like a cab, I have never provided any information to the driver as to who I am.

(excuse me for my ignorance but I am not familiar with an Uber)

edit on 23-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Isn't it just PERFECT that it was an Uber driver and not an actual UNTRACEABLE taxi cab? Hmm.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Spencer, 33, who law enforcement sources say flew into John F. Kennedy International Airport from Guinea Oct. 17.

So less than a week ago. Then he self-quarentined for a few days and went bowling, took cabs, and rode the subway?

Am I all caught up now?

Don't forget he went out to eat at a nice restaurant too. He was bored y'all from saving all those ebola patients.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: IAMTAT

I work as an appliance/electronics salesman/installer.

As soon as I clocked in this morning I received a phone call from a lady calling on behalf of her friend who recently inquired about a new fridge (or something to that effect, it was a full day)

The reason she was calling for her friend is because her friend is currently in Kenya. I know Kenya is not the epicenter of the outbreak, but my mind goes Africa? Oh $h!t, Ebola!

So now it's confirmed that at some point someone will travel from Kenya to Kenai Alaska.......should we be concerned? I already am.

Edit: sorry meant to post this in the thread titled: "Ebola, calm mongering"

As a simple precaution I'm off to make the thread.

So far, I think Kenya is ebola-free.
I think the only real disaster that Kenya will be responsible for inflicting upon the U.S. is Obama.
edit on 23-10-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It is hard for me to understand a damn Doctor, who was in Afrika gets sick 100/1 its ebola, and he travels around in public trans...

Effing sick...

So this sob, will get top of the line treatment will recover yet in the interim, he risks the lives of million in New York!!!!!

What a POS...

I have no respect for him...

I am tired of hearing these stories first the nurse that was brain dead, now the doctor, and of course he will also get a lawyer..

They are pos.. In my mind...

Common sense...
It just ain't there in 2014...

I think we are screwed....

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Uber statement on New York Ebola patient: 'We reviewed our record and were able to confirm that 1 of our driver partners in New York provided a ride to the patient yesterday evening. We immediately contacted the CDC and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, which stated that neither our driver partner nor any of his subsequent passengers are at risk' - statement

How does Uber driver know who was in his car? If an Uber is anything like a cab, I have never provided any information to the driver as to who I am.

They are full of it. Sounds like more calm mongering if you ask me. Anyone who rode in that vehicle after the patient was in it has been exposed.

edit on 23-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

edit on 23-10-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Ebola Lives

I've got to go to dream land! This is too much!
Unless they disinfect after each passenger (with bleach) I don't see how they can be so certain that the driver nor any of the subsequent passengers could be at least "at risk". Just in case it was the Doctor who was the passenger.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Maybe he saw his passenger in the rear view mirrow, and also saw the news tonight? At any rate, they keep records of where they stop and start fares, most likely all electronic and probably with GPS coordinates (I recently worked on a dispatch system), so the disease "detectives" were probably already able to correleate the time and location against his cell phone location based on the knowledge that he took the public transportation.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
This map alone will give one pause:
healthmap.org...

Well I can attest to the accuracy - there is a huge outbreak of intestinal stuff here in ATL.

That's what gets me, how do scared parents deal with it? When exactly do you worry if it's Ebola if they don't stop flights, don't have mandatory quarantines, have poor screening relying only on a person's word (Duncan), and tell people not to panic/fear monger while they show up in hazmat suits?

It's utter BS!

You shore up, appear brave to your kids, tell your kids there is nothing to worry about and that they are fine. Once your children go to sleep and you finally lay down, you pray, (Or whatever you do for ease your mind for those that do not pray) and you stay awake freaking out until you finally fall into restless slumber to repeat the next day.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

Maybe he saw his passenger in the rear view mirrow, and also saw the news tonight? At any rate, they keep records of where they stop and start fares, most likely all electronic and probably with GPS coordinates (I recently worked on a dispatch system), so the disease "detectives" were probably already able to correleate the time and location against his cell phone location based on the knowledge that he took the public transportation.

Were you around for the Dallas debacle? Do you really think the CDC is capable of all that?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: drwill
This map alone will give one pause:
healthmap.org...

Well I can attest to the accuracy - there is a huge outbreak of intestinal stuff here in ATL.

That's what gets me, how do scared parents deal with it? When exactly do you worry if it's Ebola if they don't stop flights, don't have mandatory quarantines, have poor screening relying only on a person's word (Duncan), and tell people not to panic/fear monger while they show up in hazmat suits?

It's utter BS!

You shore up, appear brave to your kids, tell your kids there is nothing to worry about and that they are fine. Once your children go to sleep and you finally lay down, you pray, (Or whatever you do for ease your mind for those that do not pray) and you stay awake freaking out until you finally fall into restless slumber to repeat the next day.

This sounds just about right, sometimes with nightmares.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
am I the only one a little pissed Ebola, is in the USA?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join