It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: drwill
This map alone will give one pause:
healthmap.org...

Well I can attest to the accuracy - there is a huge outbreak of intestinal stuff here in ATL.

That's what gets me, how do scared parents deal with it? When exactly do you worry if it's Ebola if they don't stop flights, don't have mandatory quarantines, have poor screening relying only on a person's word (Duncan), and tell people not to panic/fear monger while they show up in hazmat suits?

It's utter BS!

You shore up, appear brave to your kids, tell your kids there is nothing to worry about and that they are fine. Once your children go to sleep and you finally lay down, you pray, (Or whatever you do for ease your mind for those that do not pray) and you stay awake freaking out until you finally fall into restless slumber to repeat the next day.

This sounds just about right, sometimes with nightmares.

You think Obama is worried about his kids. Is losing any sleep over this debacle?

Hell no. He's got his card shark Ebola Czar to do that now. All he has to worry about is if the golf course will kick other people off so he can get the tee off time he wants....

All is well in Obama Land, while the rest of the Country wets their pants.

Des

edit on 23-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

After reading the article two main points stuck out to me. 1) they really dont know how many people were infected... Because in August or so they stopped doing blood tests on dead people. So if someone died BEFORE they could be tested.. their number was not included in the totals.

Kind of made me think of all the suspected cases in the US they just chose not to test. If they tested, then they would have to record the patient being positive.

The other point is that this isnt the first time that the numbers have "seemed" to drop in Liberia, the last time - if i read correctly- was due to everything that has to be done to actually report those numbers.

It is good that the numbers "appear" to be dropping, But looking at the bigger picture that doesnt mean in anyway this outbreak is either controlled or on its way to being controlled. All it takes is *ONE remaining case to re-kindle that fire... and we are a long way away from 1 case.

What happens when the virus is introduced to the new climate? There hasnt ever been an outbreak during the winter months in a climate that regularly sees below freezing temperatures.

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4°C) Footnote 52 Footnote 61. One study could not recover any Ebolavirus from experimentally contaminated surfaces (plastic, metal or glass) at room temperature Footnote 61. In another study, Ebolavirus dried onto glass, polymeric silicone rubber, or painted aluminum alloy is able to survive in the dark for several hours under ambient conditions (between 20 and 250C and 30–40% relative humidity) (amount of virus reduced to 37% after 15.4 hours), but is less stable than some other viral hemorrhagic fevers (Lassa) Footnote 53. When dried in tissue culture media onto glass and stored at 4 °C, Zaire ebolavirus survived for over 50 days Footnote 61. This information is based on experimental findings only and not based on observations in nature. This information is intended to be used to support local risk assessments in a laboratory setting. A study on transmission of ebolavirus from fomites in an isolation ward concludes that the risk of transmission is low when recommended infection control guidelines for

Source

And if anyone hasnt seen that information- it is a bit "wordy" but worth a read if you are late to the Ebola game. lol

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

A health care worker at the hospital said that Dr. Spencer seemed very sick, and it was unclear to the medical staff why he had not gone to the hospital earlier, since his fever was high.

www.nytimes.com...

So can we assume, since he was so ill, that his viral load was high? And what about the night before?
edit on 10/23/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
WH has it under control.

Several members of the Ebola rapid response team to arrive in New York tonight, others in the morning, White House officials say - @NBCNews

New York health commissioner: Ebola patient has been in close contact with fiance, 2 friends; they are quarantined

UPDATE

1 person who had contact with New York Ebola patient also quarantined in a hospital today, city health commissioner says - @NBCNews

1-2-3 ????

The stories keep changing and changing. I'm tired and calling it a night.

Stay safe ATS friends. Goodnight.....
edit on 23-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

originally posted by: MrLimpet
This should make Uber driver partner feel better.

Uber statement on New York Ebola patient: 'We reviewed our record and were able to confirm that 1 of our driver partners in New York provided a ride to the patient yesterday evening. We immediately contacted the CDC and NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, which stated that neither our driver partner nor any of his subsequent passengers are at risk' - statement

How does Uber driver know who was in his car? If an Uber is anything like a cab, I have never provided any information to the driver as to who I am.

Maybe he saw his passenger in the rear view mirrow, and also saw the news tonight? At any rate, they keep records of where they stop and start fares, most likely all electronic and probably with GPS coordinates (I recently worked on a dispatch system), so the disease "detectives" were probably already able to correleate the time and location against his cell phone location based on the knowledge that he took the public transportation.

Were you around for the Dallas debacle? Do you really think the CDC is capable of all that?

LOL - if we can do it where I work, you bet.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
am I the only one a little pissed Ebola, is in the USA?

If you have read any of the post, most all of ATS members are pissed. This all could have been avoided and we would not be having this thread on Ebola. I am pissed and scared!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I'm in Eastern PA, about a half hour from Pittsburgh. My doctor referred me to a dentist here in town since I couldn't find one to take my insurance when I moved here. I went in after seeing him today to make an appointment and there, smack on the door, EBOOOOOOLA!!! In black and white, "Have you travelled to Africa recently, do you have these symptoms? blah, blah, blah, Please let the receptionist know immediately!"

Me, I would call 911 from my cell phone to reduce risking more people being infected, but that's just me.

Sounds like a note similar to the one I noticed. I wonder if my primary care doctor's office is doing the same?

It's certainly possible. I was thinking it was because dentists are exposed to blood during their work. This particular dentist is one that specializes in sedation dentistry and surgery, so they're probably exposed to more blood than most dentists. Just my guess.

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: IAMTAT

I work as an appliance/electronics salesman/installer.

As soon as I clocked in this morning I received a phone call from a lady calling on behalf of her friend who recently inquired about a new fridge (or something to that effect, it was a full day)

The reason she was calling for her friend is because her friend is currently in Kenya. I know Kenya is not the epicenter of the outbreak, but my mind goes Africa? Oh $h!t, Ebola!

So now it's confirmed that at some point someone will travel from Kenya to Kenai Alaska.......should we be concerned? I already am.

Edit: sorry meant to post this in the thread titled: "Ebola, calm mongering"

As a simple precaution I'm off to make the thread.

So far, I think Kenya is ebola-free.
I think the only real disaster that Kenya will be responsible for inflicting upon the U.S. is Obama.

So maybe not make a thread then?

I don't want to monger any fear, but don't want to rob my fellow locals of valuable info due to mongering too much calm, complacency.
edit on 23-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: Grammer correction

link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: drwill
This map alone will give one pause:
healthmap.org...

Well I can attest to the accuracy - there is a huge outbreak of intestinal stuff here in ATL.

That's what gets me, how do scared parents deal with it? When exactly do you worry if it's Ebola if they don't stop flights, don't have mandatory quarantines, have poor screening relying only on a person's word (Duncan), and tell people not to panic/fear monger while they show up in hazmat suits?

It's utter BS!

You shore up, appear brave to your kids, tell your kids there is nothing to worry about and that they are fine. Once your children go to sleep and you finally lay down, you pray, (Or whatever you do for ease your mind for those that do not pray) and you stay awake freaking out until you finally fall into restless slumber to repeat the next day.

This sounds just about right, sometimes with nightmares.

You think Obama is worried about his kids. Is losing any sleep over this debacle?

Hell no. He's got his card shark Ebola Czar to do that now. All he has to worry about is if the gold course will kick other people off so he can get the tee off time he wants....

All is well in Obama Land, while the rest of the Country wets their pants.

Des

Obama is worried about the only thing Obama EVER worries about..."How will this effect ME, politically?"
The answer is: This will make him toast!...HE could have prevented this...but chose not to.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Thanks MrLimpert for all of your work and input you have brought to this thread! Have a good night!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So... Three weeks, now, to wait and see if anybody else, huh? That'll be a long three weeks, not just for NYers, but the whole continent, really.

edit on 10/23/2014 by japhrimu because: Country to continent

edit on 10/23/2014 by japhrimu because: "Country" to "continent" and spelling of three was wrong..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

I am not a troll....

But I sure as hell hope I am not the only one pissed...

Its a change in D.C

Yet I do not think that will fix this crap we got on our land now a days...

ThE law is no longer protecting the people...

All I have to say...

It is odd I replied...

I am not a troll...

Lemme make that clear.. I am pissed...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Follow your intuition on this one, my friend.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I'm in Eastern PA, about a half hour from Pittsburgh. My doctor referred me to a dentist here in town since I couldn't find one to take my insurance when I moved here. I went in after seeing him today to make an appointment and there, smack on the door, EBOOOOOOLA!!! In black and white, "Have you travelled to Africa recently, do you have these symptoms? blah, blah, blah, Please let the receptionist know immediately!"

Me, I would call 911 from my cell phone to reduce risking more people being infected, but that's just me.

Sounds like a note similar to the one I noticed. I wonder if my primary care doctor's office is doing the same?

It's certainly possible. I was thinking it was because dentists are exposed to blood during their work. This particular dentist is one that specializes in sedation dentistry and surgery, so they're probably exposed to more blood than most dentists. Just my guess.

Not just blood - their hands are in your mouth with all your saliva, and their face is right above your face while they work. When you cough or gag, you spray them with your saliva and phlegm. Even wearing a mask over nose and mouth, now you have sprayed their face with particles of your virus infected sputum.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I wonder what kind of damage control we will see. As MrLimpet's post below yours says the Ebola Rapid Response team is supposed to arrive tonight if they are not already there. If he is indeed "very sick" i would think it is logical to assume he was symptomatic AT LEAST yesterday...

They know as well as we do he had more contact than just a "few" people.... But NYC is not a place you want panic in. I would not want to be there if panic set in....

I just hope that in the process of trying to prevent panic, they dont inadvertantly cause the virus to spread even more because the people that did come in to contact with him.... believe they didnt have a chance to catch it and therefor just continue to pass it around.

I really REALLY ...RREAALLy hope we learned something in Texas...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
and of course now we have new york at risk of ebola, dear god, what a night mare.....

We had a leg up on this crap until this dip spit shows up in new york.....

I assure you someone else in NY will have ebola, because of this dip spit... It's a no brainer my unborn kid can accidentally figure this out...

I mean really as I said what a POS this guy is....

Almost like he did this on purpose..

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

am I the only one a little pissed Ebola, is in the USA?

Pissed? Yes, surprised not one bit.

Our country has failed so bad when it comes to protecting our borders.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

ATLEAST 3 weeks... after 21 days, you stil have a 12% chance of developing symptoms/the virus.

i think its more like the next 42 days, which you are right is a long time ....

There is never a need to be hysterical, but I think we are teetering right on the edge of something that could become very bad relatively quickly...... or end up as a reason to mock people the next time an epidemic is threatening, and become the new "2012"...

edit on 533139410pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Of course you aren't a troll, I did not mean in any way to apply that you were, sorry if I did, I'm sure you are as concerned as the the rest of us and especially if you live in the DC area. By the way my son works in DC. Yes this is very scary and I too am pissed at all of our officials who feed us #, keep us in the dark as though we are mushrooms. New York is the worst city that Ebola could show up in.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

and of course now we have new york at risk of ebola, dear god, what a night mare.....

We had a leg up on this crap until this dip spit shows up in new york.....

I assure you someone else in NY will have ebola, because of this dip spit... It's a no brainer my unborn kid can accidentally figure this out...

I mean really as I said what a POS this guy is....

Almost like he did this on purpose..

Nothing like going out bowling and eating when you've just returned from africa treating ebola victims days earlier and you're not feeling well.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join