It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

More than good sense. NY said they're "prepared". San Antonio is preparing too.

When it gets very big I just wonder how their defenses will stand up....

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that Patient Z's family is denying that he had contact with a dying pregnant woman.

Source: Live CNN
edit on 3-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

Also...
Dallas County DA exploring criminal charges for Ebola patient

A spokeswoman for the DA's office said in a statement the office is investigating whether Duncan “knowingly and intentionally exposed the public to a deadly virus - making this a criminal matter.”

source: www.myfoxdfw.com...
edit on 3-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet
Thank you. I've been wondering about false negatives but figured we had enough on our collective plate. After it came up in msm, it was fair game. Going to read that pub right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
Here it is...

www.myfoxdfw.com...

"Paramedics who transported Ebola patient test negative
Posted: Oct 01, 2014 8:01 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 01, 2014 11:08 AM CDT"

So why would they test those guys but not her? And if they did test her why wouldn't they have reported that she tested negative??

Sorry to quote myself but no one has addressed this yet.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Um....okay...

Quarantined People Moved?

Hopefully that means a house that's been setup as a quarantine unit. It can be done properly in the time that they've had.

Who am I kidding. They probably went to a birthday party.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: netwarrior here I came back to add a link, I can't copy any links , I don't know why

saw an article that said he came here to get married and start a new life...another article says his too weak to talk to his family on the phone...I wonder if he took a turn for the worst. ?

edit on 3-10-2014 by research100 because: tried to add links but unable to

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: netwarrior

saw an article that said he came here to get married and start a new life...another article says his too weak to talk to his family on the phone...I wonder if he took a turn for the worst. ?

Well isn't that just dandy. No official updates of his condition, we have to hear third party. Why is it that everything that happens lately is never cut and dry. He has been under exceptional western care 2 days after he first went to emerg now it has been 5 days into treatment and by the sounds of it condition is, should I say, worsening?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have read every single post on this thread over the past couple of days. It is great that there is a place to come to to find other like minded people. And I am so relieved that I am not the only person who is very fearful of a possible Ebola pandemic.
I read The Hot Zone in the 7th grade and have been following Ebola outbreaks ever since. I accepted that I would probably see an outbreak in the US in my lifetime. I did not expect our government to be so ill-equipped to handle it. But I have said over the past couple of years in particular that the medical treatment I have received in hospitals has been comparable to a 3rd world country. And it's not a lack of good health insurance on my end. Another thread, another day.

Anyway! My original point for posting was to say that maybe we should form some local Ebola support groups, separated by state. We are on this forum from all over the world. It would be nice if a handfull of us in each state in the US reached out to eachother and made some connections. There is power in numbers and whether you make some friendships for comfort, or form some groups to voice your concerns to TPTB, it never hurts to have more than a few people to rally with.

I know some of you like to keep your location anonymous which is fine
But I do know that I would like to chat with people in my area regarding this issue.
I am located in Denver, so please feel free to send me a message if you're interested in chatting some.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Another presser from Dallas officials.
www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 14America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:08:14 -0500u3107 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

edit on 50America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 03 Oct 2014 19:13:50 -05000000003107 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Maybe here?

The isolation of EBOV from semen 40 days after the onset of illness underscores the risk of sexual transmission of the filoviruses during convalescence. Zaire EBOV has been detected in the semen of convalescent patients by virus isolation (82 days) and RT-PCR (91 days) after disease onset [5, 14]. Marburg virus has also been isolated from the semen and linked conclusively to sexual transmission 13 weeks into convalescence [15].

jid.oxfordjournals.org...

Found that back in July or August.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So, now we learn that an anonymous donor stepped up to offer the lodging to which Thomas Duncan's former housemates/family are being moved. According to ABC News:

Four relatives of the Texas Ebola patient who have been confined to their Dallas apartment moved to a home in a gated community the use of which was given to them by an anonymous donor, according to a Dallas city official.

The city had a difficult time finding a home for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan because no one wanted to take them in, according to Sana Syed, a spokesperson for the city of Dallas.

Good for the Good Samaritan who did that, but why O' why isn't our government/health dept./CDC providing secure accommodations where they can be monitored?

Cleanup crews discovered today that Duncan slept on every mattress in the apartment, said Syed. They previously thought he only slept on one.

From the same article:

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said today that he visited the apartment Thursday night to apologize to the residents...
Jenkins specifically said that he wanted to make sure that the family would be moved somewhere with a washer and dryer.

Wait, what?
[Bangs head on desk] Yeah, that's right. A little Tide and some Downey dryer sheets, and there's nothing to worry about.

Source

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Another fail...

Deputies sent into apt. where man with Ebola stayed meet with county officials

Sgt. Monnig and the other deputies were not wearing any type of protective gear when they accompanied county health officials into the apartment late Wednesday to issue an order to the people inside, forbidding them from leaving the apartment.

And then the deputies went home to their families. Except...

Sgt. Monnig says they were assured by health officials that no one inside the apartment was showing symptoms of Ebola and that the danger was remote.

He says the people inside the apartment were scared and had a lot of questions about what was going on. The deputies' own fears were heightened when they were told the next day that the squad cars they were driving were being pulled out of service. They were also told to bag up the clothing they were wearing.

"That starts putting question marks in your mind," Sgt. Monnig said. "You know when you go home and then the next day you start hearing that equipment is being quarantined or asked to be bagged up, that you had on or were driving.

"Then your question is, 'well, what about me?' And so those were the questions that were raised."

source

And this press conference on CNN right now is coming off as rinse and repeat the mantra. Uuugh.

Mayor Mike Rawlings-
"Remember, there is zero chance that you can get this disease if you don't have contact with somebody that is actively showing symptoms of this."

Uuuum, pardon me Mr. Mayor, but that is NOT the whole truth.

According to the CDCs own website

How long does Ebola live outside the body?

Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.

I would hate to be these guy's families right now and would not be hugging them in those clothes after they rode in the car for 45 minutes with a family in quarantine in an Ebola petri dish for 3 days. Call me overly cautious, unlike our health officials of late.

A bit dismissive of a risk as dangerous as Ebola it seemed in the news conference.
edit on 3-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

At the end of the article:

The five deputies remain on leave for now.

What in the heck is going on out there??? It's been one stupid move after another, people need to wake the hell up and take the necessary precautions. Putting cars out of action and bagging clothes and putting guys on leave??? This all could have been avoided!!!

Frickin' idiots running the show.

edit on 3-10-2014 by Gully because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And its been spreading since then dont be surprised if those numbers given out by the cdc was including cases of ebola in the US incuded... now a hundred Cuban doctors went to liberia great so much for my bug out plan to cuba.. awww shucks a reply to: DancedWithWolves

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Let me guess. Sierra Maestra?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

This bit of news is fairly alarming. My first question while reading was why would sheriffs deputies be sent to do such a thing? Seems the sheriffs association had the same question. I think that there is more to this than just clumsiness.

Why take the vehicles, and clothing, then put them on leave? Is the CDC using all of us as test subjects, incubators? If they are testing the car and clothing to see how long or under what conditions this thing can spread, then they would have to be betting on infecting the officers.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
En la Monte... i guess its belize now... yea scary everyone is getting samples of weaponised ebola...a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Patient in Howard university D.C. I'm In Richmond, Va. 90 miles due South of D.C. Dulles is a little further West of D.C about a half hour out. National is the airport that is literally in the heart of the city.....This person has recently traveled to Nigeria!!

There is also a suspected case in Rockville Maryland!! I think the man that came in from Liberia after and if he recovers needs to be charged with attempted murder and/or act of terrorism!

I have spent a very long time studying Level 4 Virus's probably 20+ years and out of all of them EBOLA has terrified me the most!!

The government is bending over to avoid a mass panic, however, in doing so they have proven to be incompetent as hell and put every damn person in the world at risk for a grisly death!!!

Shutdown all travel out of Africa for at least a little while!!! SOB!! i am so pissed off and kind of in state of shock!!

Cure is not gonna happen anytime soon so prevention is the key!! Try these to boost your immune system NOW!!

Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar!! 2 tbsp. in 4oz. water mix and drink like shot or sip drink twice a day at least!!

It is a natural antiviral and anti bacterial!!

Load up on Vitamin C

Colloidal Silver make sure it is pure! I use this product and have not been sick in 6 years!! It's pricey but the bottom line is if you can find one with the same ppm it will do the same thing!! Just have to be careful when buying silver...

amazon.com

Most important Wash your hands and DO NOT use hand sanitizer but real soap!

and prayer right about now would be awesome!!

Thanks,
Pax " target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">amazon.com

Most important Wash your hands and DO NOT use hand sanitizer but real soap!

and prayer right about now would be awesome!!

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 10/3/2014 by paxnatus because: fix link

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just heard on Fox that Obama could stop people from the hot zones from coming here.
So.......

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join