It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ok I have taken a much needed break from this. However on our local news they announced to my discomfort and ??? that

"The family is moving"

Why would they put it that way? moving "Where" and why not taken to a hospital????
edit on pm1031pmFri, 03 Oct 2014 22:13:10 -0500 by antar because: rrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Oh an just spoke with my cousin who lives in Dallas, she works very closely with Dallas PD and she confirmed the second case of Ebola is one of his relatives....
Ya'll may already have that info.....She is a stickler and will not break protocol for any reason so not the greatest source and is way to complacent for my taste but could be an act...

pax

The last report on a second possible case related to Mr. Duncan's was two days ago.

DALLAS — Health officials are closely monitoring a possible second Ebola patientwho had close contact with the first person to be diagnosed in the U.S., the director of Dallas County's health department said Wednesday.

All who have been in close contact with the man officially diagnosed are being monitored as a precaution, Zachary Thompson, director of Dallas County Health and Human Services, said in a morning interview with WFAA-TV, Dallas-Fort Worth.

With a formal news conference given shortly after 8 p.m. this evening, I would expect there to be a great deal of well-placed anger and outrage when it is revealed that officials had information about the second case in Dallas and chose to cover it up so as not to interfere with their message of go watch football, go to the fair and join in National Night Out (to keep cash registers ringing).

Deadly screw-ups and cover-ups tend to piss off the ATS population.

I'd wager we are just about there. Your information is greatly appreciated. If only those protecting the public health were as forthcoming, officials might have maintained the public trust. There is a straw falling from above and it is getting very close to shattering the camel's back...

Thanks again...

ETA tonight's news conference

edit on 3-10-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4u
And then the 6th seal was opened AND pestillance and disease spread across the land. The name that sat on the horse was EBOLA.

Sometimes I really wonder if the bible is a playbook.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

found the link to you post pax, thanks!
edit on pm1031pmFri, 03 Oct 2014 23:04:16 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

I do not find that can you give me the exact verse and location?

Ok here it is:

Revelation 6:12

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,

biblehub.com...

edit on pm1031pmFri, 03 Oct 2014 23:07:13 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A thought occurs to me. Unless they soaked that sidewalk down with a truck load of bleach, there is a statistically marginal chance they did not get Ebola while power washing the vomit up. Sidewalks, like have been said, have many crevices that would shelter the relatively few living viruses needed to contaminate someone upon inhalation. I've worked with pressure washers; you inhale it and it gets in your face. Assuming they were cognizant enough to utilize copious amounts of bleach would they not have utilized personal protective equipment such as dust masks and goggles? The odds are stacked against them not getting Ebola if this indeed went down.

A second thought occurs to me. As many of you are aware, our Latino community closely mimics all of those environments you would think of being conducive towards the spread of this virus. You can still dine in a restaurant here in Houston and observe how they dispose of toilet paper in trash cans. They don't know that pipes actually work here I am told.

One more thing. Those guys are notoriously hard to trace. They do in fact have access to news televised in their own community and no doubt have found out they have a statistically high probability of having Ebola.

So where are they and their families?
edit on 3-10-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

statistically high probability of having Ebola. ,,,having Ebola? or catching Ebola??

cause were ALL MADE OF BODY FLUIDS,,hygene could be irrelevent,,at this stage,,

id be more worried about SEX.

ie: Spitting on ones partner,,,noo,, noooooooooooooo, baaaaad.

or the other popular transfer methods of fluids,,french kissing,,,also bad,,

and the most popular of all,,,sweet sweat,, i can never tell,,,

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've updated the Ebola charts with the latest data released today:

Latest Ebola charts updates

The line for the USA is barely visible, but the way they have been handling things in Dallas, I unfortunately expect that may change.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
I can tell you must be trolling. It was only food for thought and if you took a moment to think, you would realize this is a serious thing I have said.

To answer your question they have it now? Will that work?

PS I love the way you use punctuation. I can tell you must really be hip

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So, now the hospital admits the full medical team DID have access to Mr. Duncan's records, including his travel from Liberia, when they sent him away on his first visit. Sigh...

Hospital: Ebola patient's records were available to full medical team

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital released information Friday night correcting a previous statement it sent out Thursday night.

Friday's statement said Ebola patient Thomas Duncan's electronic health records, including his travel history, were available to the full care team during his first visit to the emergency department Sept. 25. 

That corrects the hospital's Thursday night statement saying that there was an electronic error with recordkeeping on Duncan during his first visit to the emergency department.

The hospital said Thursday that Duncan was asked during his first visit if he had been out of the country recently, and he said he had traveled to Africa.

The hospital also said Thursday that that information was part of a nurse's electronic record that did not get processed in a separate document system for doctors, and the hospital had said it was taking steps to make sure both record systems work together in the future.

Source

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: nukedog
I can tell you must be trolling. It was only food for thought and if you took a moment to think, you would realize this is a serious thing I have said.

To answer your question they have it now? Will that work?

PS I love the way you use punctuation. I can tell you must really be hip

and how long was it between Mr. Duncan vomitting on sidewalk,, and when it was cleaned?

and how long does Ebola Virus survive outside.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

For a long time depending on the surface/circumstances. And they washed it down the sewer drain lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Good questions. Iirc it was aprox a 48 hour lag between the two. I have read that E. Can survive on surfaces for up to 16 hours. Much longer if the temperature is cooler. I believe sidewalks remain very cool under crevices. It is stone. Also it was not very hot in Dallas. Not near hot enough to kill it out right.

Perhaps it's only speculation on my part. I think with the time lag maybe they could have been safe. Lol. Maybe. What a fun word to use when describing odds involving a highly infectious deadly disease.

Ultimate point still stands. Where are they?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Why would they bother moving the family TOGETHER? Really. If one out of how many, four? If one of the four tests positive for a fever whenever the CDC decides to check in, then it's too late. Living in quarters that close there will be no way the others or at least one of the others would not be infected. Especially if it is mother and child, I have tried to wrap my brain around how I would protect my children from myself if I somehow contracted it and it would be impossible without leaving my family and my home.

Even still, let's say none of them touched each other or swapped fluid of any kind... all manner of contaminated objects are in, apparently, every room of this apartment. So REALLY tell me what the point is of moving them TOGETHER? So they can contaminate each other again if ONLY one more of them comes down with it? And that's if they are miraculously lucky. They need to separate them. I know it is heart wrenching to think of being in a different isolation room than your own mother or son, BUT to save a life?

Come on people.
edit on 3-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

If you go to about 25 minutes in, they freak out at the question posed about the sprayer being used....cool calm and deflective up to that point, well worth watching...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

well as Sir Winston Churchill once said,, "The're American's there a little
dence,,but once they get it,,they will come around."

they will be OK.

If there is a good reason.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
AND... a washer and dryer? YOU have GOT to be kidding me. Give them paper clothes. They throw them out and you incinerate them every day. Paper sheets or sheets get burned too. Hard floors.

Not someone's gated community house and whirlpool washer dryer setup.

Good lord.

Edited to add: Washing machines don't get hot enough to sterilize JACK. I know that from cloth diapering.
edit on 3-10-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You just have to watch the video on page 69, the Dallas press conference,

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

personally id like too see them all together, here,,

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Ok... Thanks. At the risk of derailing this thread any further bickering with a fool, keep in mind my family is four hours driving distance from a highly contagious, deadly virus, so please spare me for being alarmed and asking questions, such as I have, while my state and federal government continue to put everyone at risk. Have a nice day

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join