It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: violet
Well this page got taken down fast

17 minutes ago, but now gone

Ebola's Role in New Jersey Child's Death Unclear: Officials NBC 10 Philadelphia-17 minutes ago A New Jersey child who tested positive for a virus causing severe respiratory illness across the country has died, although it's not clear what role the virus played ...

link

Is the article saying that they are now looking into the possibility this child actually contracted Ebola? Can you tell us more since the link no longer works?

Here's another Link to what appears to be the same article.

To me it looks like the headline is in error and ebola has nothing to do with the case in question.

Wow, that's a pretty blatant typo in that headline. Wonder if they did that on purpose to get more people to click on the article.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Ebola's Role in New Jersey Child's Death Unclear: Officials NBC 10 Philadelphia-17 minutes ago A New Jersey child who tested positive for a virus causing severe respiratory illness across the country has died, although it's not clear what role the virus played ...

link

Is the article saying that they are now looking into the possibility this child actually contracted Ebola? Can you tell us more since the link no longer works?

To me it looks like the headline is in error and ebola has nothing to do with the case in question.

Wow, that's a pretty blatant typo in that headline. Wonder if they did that on purpose to get more people to click on the article.

Indeed.

Sloppy editing at best.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Two questions: If you have Ebola and live, are you then immune? And if you have the disease, and keep drinking water even if vomiting removes most of it, can you keep some water down and flowing throughout the body?

These may (or must) have been answered somewhere in the numerous Ebola threads, but I've missed them if they have. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Two questions: If you have Ebola and live, are you then immune? And if you have the disease, and keep drinking water even if vomiting removes most of it, can you keep some water down and flowing throughout the body?

These may (or must) have been answered somewhere in the numerous Ebola threads, but I've missed them if they have. Thanks.

How resistant to Ebola are the survivors of the disease? I’ve read about blood transfusion as a possible way to treat the disease so assume antibodies are present. Are there any cases of a person getting Ebola twice?
Generally no. If your immune system somehow successful fends off a virus, it will generate antibodies to quickly deal with that specific mutation of Ebola. If somehow during the replication process the virus mutates, then yes a person has a chance of getting the disease again.

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

a reply to: buni11687

It's terrible how they've messed this up. If they can't handle the first case, then what about the next ....
I read months ago that that America really isn't prepared at all. It was a terrifying read. Seems it's true.
Wtf are they doing even letting anyone get on a plane from west Africa, nevermind landing over here. These routes should have been shut down at the onset. If I don't want a bee in my house I shut the door. Seems simple enough logic.
[snip]

True. But the US has probably 10,000 doors. This is why it's hard to shut them all.

Every flight in- either from a W. African country or a different country is a door. If all of the flights from W. Africa to the US are banned, 'there are ways' to get around that little hindrance.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

link

I'm in south jersey. We were told this child died from entrovirus, now they don't know?? Or aren't sure?? GREAT, JUST GREAT.......Thanks for posting....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

link

Sure hope your right. Entrovirus this close to home is bad enough, I sure don't want to be worrying about Ebola being so close....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The CDC is giving a live press conference in a few minutes.

I wonder what this is about. I hope it is not bad news. Probably just more calm-mongering.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
I agree. Very rare indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
CDC just said they can not rule out that others transported in the ambulance after it was used to transport Duncan might not have been exposed. So they are on the list of those being monitored.

They also said it takes 72 hours after testing to find out if someone with symptoms tests positive. I have seen that question on here occasionally.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
CDC just said they can not rule out that others transported in the ambulance after it was used to transport Duncan might not have been exposed. So they are on the list of those being monitored.

They also said it takes 72 hours after testing to find out if someone with symptoms tests positive. I have seen that question on here occasionally.

Darn, gotta jump in the shower!! Thanks for the updates!! If they continue speaking, please keep us posted!! Much appreciated!! Looks like it's ending though??? The presser.....

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah
Freaky Doc didn't address the pressure washing situation in Dallas?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Judge Jenkins is in the live press conference now. He said that he personally drove the immediate family to their new location. What was he thinking? That seems careless and dangerous.

He does not seem to know what he is doing. He talks about misinformation, but he seems misinformed.

He said there was no danger to him. If it is not dangerous to be around them, why would they have a court order to remain isolated?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If it is not dangerous to be around them, why would they have a court order to remain isolated?

I believe that's because if they do indeed become symptomatic, then they are dangerous to be around. They are not symptomatic right now, but that could change tomorrow. Better to have them isolated now to avoid any problems of exposure in the possible near future.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I believe the issue is the symptoms might start to affect the individual before they say anything or it becomes obvious. There does not seem to be definitive information about what the exact point of concern is. Someone might start to feel a little headachy or tired and within hours have a full-blown illness. How many times have we sent our kids to school in the morning thinking they are fine, just to get a call from the school nurse to come pick them up because they have a fever?

What if the Judge dropped them off, then found out later that day that one of them had a fever later that day?

This seems careless.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

No, sorry. They took phone question, but that did not come up.

I think it is likely they screen the questions to select those they will answer. This is much more controllable than live in-person conferences.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jenkins is on the ballot in November. It appears he is dying to be re-elected. Maybe in his mind Ebola exposure=media exposure. He should be placed on leave of absence like the deputies who were sent into the apartment and quarantined. Bag his clothes and secure the vehicle too.

He is now a potential bio-hazard.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well I have decided that I am a terrible horrible monster because I can not help but hope that judge gets ebola. He lied and said that first responders were worried about him but who cares because they have no medical training. BS! Most if not all first responders are EMTs . If I was his wife I would be pissed and take our 8 year old daughter out of the house for at least three months.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I already posted this link on another thread but it contains enough vital information to post here. I think the site referenced is important enough to justify a short post. Shouts to ATS for providing a site that allows us to gather these resources and make them accessible.

UCSC Ebola Portal

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: drwill

No, sorry. They took phone question, but that did not come up.

I think it is likely they screen the questions to select those they will answer. This is much more controllable than live in-person conferences.

Back! Thanks for the updates Blue!!

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join