It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
The film didn't give a full picture to judge body language, but what was visible is telling. Way too much fidgeting. The judge kept looking to the left--liars do that. Lip licking. Shuffling. Hands clasped and unclasped. Frowns galore.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: SubTruth
The film didn't give a full picture to judge body language, but what was visible is telling. Way too much fidgeting. The judge kept looking to the left--liars do that. Lip licking. Shuffling. Hands clasped and unclasped. Frowns galore.

I was more making a social commentary about the type of people leading in today's world. A good leader picks smart,honest,reliable people to actually do the work. This type of person is getting very rare it seems. Arrogant is the best way to describe the people leading this. I would also add lazy,stupid,short sighted.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The sheer amount of bungling that has been happening in Dallas with America's first Ebola case can only make one believe this is all happening for a reason.

Ebola has been on my radar since I was a kid reading stuff like The Andromeda Strain, The Stand, The Hot Zone, and watching movies like Outbreak, the fact that it is here now is so surreal.

Now I get to go to New York for the next two months for work, "Surf the Apocalypse" is my new "Don't Fear the Reaper."

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DirtyD

Ebola has been on my radar since I was a kid reading stuff like The Andromeda Strain, The Stand, The Hot Zone, and watching movies like Outbreak, the fact that it is here now is so surreal.

I first head of Ebola back in 6th or 7th grade (im 26 now) and did a speech about it back then for a science class. Ever since then, everytime I see the word "Ebola" in the news, im immediately interested.

Figures the first human case in the US would be where I live.

The sheer amount of bungling that has been happening in Dallas with America's first Ebola case can only make one believe this is all happening for a reason.

When the news first started breaking about Ebola being here in Dallas, I wasnt really too worried, and shared my thoughts here. I was under the impression that we have plenty of protocols in place and our health system was atleast somewhat ready for this.

Fast forward 3 days and now we're here.......mess up after mess up after mess up.

As someone who lives in the area, it's hard to believe the ball was dropped this hard for the first case of Ebola.

It seems everyday there's some new mess up that happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Woah! Beastmilk!? Internet high five dude!
Love those guys.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

I first head of Ebola back in 6th or 7th grade (im 26 now) and did a speech about it back then for a science class. Ever since then, everytime I see the word "Ebola" in the news, im immediately interested.

Yeah, I was a kid reading fiction wanting to know what the real monster was, which inevitably brought me the Hot Zone and Ebola. Though the author of that book always downplayed its ability to spread in a first world environment, I guess we'll see for sure now.

I have family in Dallas and with each new development I grow more worried. The cavalier attitude our government officials display over this disease is astonishing, so much hubris. In books and movies when there's an outbreak of some lethal virus it's met with a coordinated response -- doctors and government officials working in tandem to contain the disease at all cost, but in real life it's a whole bunch of numnuts standing around with their thumbs up their bums saying, "nothing to worry about folks." If this were a movie it would star Leslie Nielsen and Fred Willard as the heads of the CDC.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
Woah! Beastmilk!? Internet high five dude!
Love those guys.

I don't know what baffles me more, our government's response to Ebola, or how Beastmilk isn't all over the radio right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Little advice please? I am due to fly into Dallas Ft. worth airport on 10/14 have about 3 hour layover should i switch hubs? I'm not one to panic but i am a realist.....Just not sure I want to go there...

Oh an just spoke with my cousin who lives in Dallas, she works very closely with Dallas PD and she confirmed the second case of Ebola is one of his relatives....
Ya'll may already have that info.....She is a stickler and will not break protocol for any reason so not the greatest source and is way to complacent for my taste but could be an act...

pax

Please don't be concerned about flying into DFW. DFW is actually in the mid-cities such as Arlington, Hurst and Bedford. Also, DFW is not an airport like Chicago's O'Hare or Midway, which is one big open area. It's actually several terminals. If you end up in the wrong section you need to take a subway (Skylink)to get to the other part of the airport. You can't just walk or you'll be walking a really long time. It's a strange airport but works well. Thomas Duncan flew on United. What airline are you on? If you're flying with American Airlines or other airliner you won't even see United.

Now, if Dallas turns up with more cases you can always reconsider.
edit on 4-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

At the end of the article:

The five deputies remain on leave for now.

What in the heck is going on out there??? It's been one stupid move after another, people need to wake the hell up and take the necessary precautions. Putting cars out of action and bagging clothes and putting guys on leave??? This all could have been avoided!!!

Frickin' idiots running the show.

I agree it's been one stupid move after another but please don't blame the deputies for this. They're most likely not on conspiracy forums like we are and don't know the whole truth. They are simply listening to orders and were reassured they were safe to do this. I blame the people in the CDC who are supposed to be running this show. I mean, why the heck did they dispatch a team down here if they're not actually doing anything?!

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: ikonoklast

I was so creeped out watching him. It was shocking really. I guess that's one way to guarantee no reporter comes close to you afterwards with followup questions. It's like watching someone commit suicide by Ebola. *shudder*

That news conference was just surreal.

On another note, thanks to you for your amazing work. Truly.

Like my daughter says... He needs to die a horrible ebola death.

I'm disgusted how they keep encouraging people to "go out. Go to the state Fair. Have fun. Go to... What was it called... The people getting together day" and send your kids to school. This virus has a >50% of killing you if you get it. Why take the chance?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
They really messed up not isolating this man when he was showing symptoms and said he had just come from Liberia. After all it only takes one person to start the spread.

Dallas Hospital alters account

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Gully
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

At the end of the article:

The five deputies remain on leave for now.

What in the heck is going on out there??? It's been one stupid move after another, people need to wake the hell up and take the necessary precautions. Putting cars out of action and bagging clothes and putting guys on leave??? This all could have been avoided!!!

Frickin' idiots running the show.

I agree it's been one stupid move after another but please don't blame the deputies for this. They're most likely not on conspiracy forums like we are and don't know the whole truth. They are simply listening to orders and were reassured they were safe to do this. I blame the people in the CDC who are supposed to be running this show. I mean, why the heck did they dispatch a team down here if they're not actually doing anything?!

I'm not blaming them. I blame the people in charge.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

It's terrible how they've messed this up. If they can't handle the first case, then what about the next ....
I read months ago that that America really isn't prepared at all. It was a terrifying read. Seems it's true.
Wtf are they doing even letting anyone get on a plane from west Africa, nevermind landing over here. These routes should have been shut down at the onset. If I don't want a bee in my house I shut the door. Seems simple enough logic.

There's most likely others we don't even know about. It could have mutated to become airborne by now, or will be down the line as it passes around Might not be just 10 people at serious risk from this man but everyone on that plane ride with him and wherever theyve gone too. It's just too risky.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

It's terrible how they've messed this up. If they can't handle the first case, then what about the next ....
I read months ago that that America really isn't prepared at all. It was a terrifying read. Seems it's true.
Wtf are they doing even letting anyone get on a plane from west Africa, nevermind landing over here. These routes should have been shut down at the onset. If I don't want a bee in my house I shut the door. Seems simple enough logic.

There's most likely others we don't even know about. It could have mutated to become airborne by now, or will be down the line as it passes around Might not be just 10 people at serious risk from this man but everyone on that plane ride with him and wherever theyve gone too. It's just too risky.

Well, it should be considered a learning lesson and hopefully mistakes will be minimized the next time.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted in the last few pages...

1 of 2 possible Ebola patients in isolation at D.C.-area hospitals has malaria

WASHINGTON (WJLA/ABC News) - Two people were hospitalized in isolation units at D.C. area hospitals on Friday with possible cases of Ebola, hospital officials confirmed; one of the cases turned out to be malaria.

One of the patients was being treated at D.C.'s Howard University Hospital, while the other was was admitted at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Montgomery County, Md.

The Howard patient, who had just returned to the U.S. after visiting Nigeria, was listed in stable condition with "symptoms that could be associated with Ebola," a hospital statement said.

The Shady Grove patient had "flu-like symptoms and a travel history that matches criteria for possible Ebola," officials there said in statement. But they added the individual was "showing signs of improvement" over the past 24 hours. Shady Grove Adventist Hospital released a statement Friday night saying its patient had malaria, not Ebola.

So add one more not ebola to the list.
edit on 10/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well this page got taken down fast
17 minutes ago, but now gone

Ebola's Role in New Jersey Child's Death Unclear: Officials NBC 10 Philadelphia-17 minutes ago A New Jersey child who tested positive for a virus causing severe respiratory illness across the country has died, although it's not clear what role the virus played ...
link

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Also...looks like they're getting a better handle on that 18-100 number.

U.S. defends Ebola response, about 50 under observation

Health officials in Dallas charged with checking the spread of Ebola have narrowed their focus to about 50 people who had direct or indirect contact with an infected Liberian visitor, including 10 at high risk who are being checked twice daily for symptoms.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Ebola's Role in New Jersey Child's Death Unclear: Officials NBC 10 Philadelphia-17 minutes ago A New Jersey child who tested positive for a virus causing severe respiratory illness across the country has died, although it's not clear what role the virus played ...

link

Is the article saying that they are now looking into the possibility this child actually contracted Ebola? Can you tell us more since the link no longer works?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Does anyone else find highly manipulative that there were such a handful of highly publicized "Is it Ebola? -- Wait in suspense -- Whew, no it's not" cases right before the weekend? If I didn't know better -- wink, wink --I'd say they actually contrived it that way.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

link

Is the article saying that they are now looking into the possibility this child actually contracted Ebola? Can you tell us more since the link no longer works?

Here's another Link to what appears to be the same article.

To me it looks like the headline is in error and ebola has nothing to do with the case in question.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join