It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

ya but the Lt.Gov. chaired the last one, so if it was such a sure thing,, Perry would be there taking the lead,, after all he ran for President,,lets see what he can do.

u dont sent the VP. or Lt. Gov,,unless u want too distance yourself,,in case u know.

So thats one strike against, base's loaded in the nineth.
and nobody knows who's out
or in.

link   
Wow. He was beyond flustered--and ran away!

link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

My washer has a 25 minute presoak for bleaching. Then it washes with a double rinse. Maybe they are being told to bleach out their clothes and bedding. Bleach is a known killer of Ebola.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

Dont worry about it nuke, bob is a pretty decent person who truly does care about his fellow members.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 2gd2btru

but if its in your body while your doing this,, whats the point.??
there taking temp. not blood,,,as far as i know.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

They all were doing that intense swaying/rocking back and forth body thing, each of them was prepared to 'jump in' when the Director drops the ball.

Did you catch the handsome dude whispering to him at the very end like an order, "Ok thats enough" or something to that affect, almost like a Director calling CUT! Thats a wrap!

( Edit to say, the older gentleman at his side with the graying hair)

edit on pm1031pmFri, 03 Oct 2014 23:52:44 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

were good.. and thank u.
yes my comma's cn be trbsome.

Thank-You
Sincerely.

Me.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

NO prob, I actually got 4 or 5 warnings in this thread...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I was more of a fan being a lurker and laughing at the crazy and being fascinated by the plausible. Now I am slowly unraveling. I'm not sure what it is but maybe it's the thought of my two year old boy being subjected to that kind of pain while I helplessly watch that is driving me crazy. Maybe that's why I'm posting here. I hope this blows over and all my fears are unfounded so I can go back to lurking, but something about this doesn't feel right to me. I've never felt this way before. I do need to stick to facts I suppose but I want to shout out and call them a liar every time they get on tv and tell us the same old # about E.z. This isn't E.z. This is something else. It is clearly more contagious than they want us to think. They are lying to us.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

WEll, we have not set up an ebola fever check thread yet, so keep making your peps and tickling that baby!!! If this blows over good if not you will be a survivor. Many ATSERS will be of that I am certain.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Because If only one in this family is infected and the others aren't it just may protect those who are still Ebola free.

Example: When my husband gets the flu. We sleep in separate rooms during his illness. I bleach all linens right after he uses them. I wear gloves and a mask carrying items to the washer. I never get sick.

Thankfully this family is now in a larger environment. Those who are not ill will have a better chance of staying that way if they can more easily clean and have separate rooms.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
So, now we learn that an anonymous donor stepped up to offer the lodging to which Thomas Duncan's former housemates/family are being moved. According to ABC News:

Four relatives of the Texas Ebola patient who have been confined to their Dallas apartment moved to a home in a gated community the use of which was given to them by an anonymous donor, according to a Dallas city official.

The city had a difficult time finding a home for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan because no one wanted to take them in, according to Sana Syed, a spokesperson for the city of Dallas.

Good for the Good Samaritan who did that, but why O' why isn't our government/health dept./CDC providing secure accommodations where they can be monitored?

Cleanup crews discovered today that Duncan slept on every mattress in the apartment, said Syed. They previously thought he only slept on one.

From the same article:

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said today that he visited the apartment Thursday night to apologize to the residents...
Jenkins specifically said that he wanted to make sure that the family would be moved somewhere with a washer and dryer.

Wait, what?
[Bangs head on desk] Yeah, that's right. A little Tide and some Downey dryer sheets, and there's nothing to worry about.

Source

I bet the residents of the gated community are not happy. You move to a gated community to be safe, then (potential) Ebola moves in.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
Deadly screw-ups and cover-ups tend to piss off the ATS population...

ETA tonight's news conference

My wife and I watched the press conference video stunned as Judge Clay Jenkins described how he personally drove the family (apparently without any protection and perhaps even in his own car) to the new house. He then went on to touch his shirt and say, "I'm even still wearing the same shirt I was wearing this morning when I drove them!"

This is one of the same officials that shocked people the other night by going into the as yet uncleaned contaminated apartment with no protective equipment.

If there are no additional cases in Dallas I will be astounded, absolutely astounded.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
A fairly scathing report on the Dallas case...

Ebola case blood test delay may have violated federal guidelines

State and local health officials waited more than two days to perform crucial blood tests that confirmed a Dallas patient was the nation’s first Ebola case, a delay that appears to have violated federal guidelines.

State health officials say they were alerted about 8 p.m. Sunday by the Dallas County health department to a suspicious case involving a patient who had arrived recently from Liberia. His symptoms were consistent with Ebola.

However, instead of sending a blood specimen for immediate testing for Ebola, as suggested by guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, local health officials spent the next 24 hours doing other bloodwork and testing to apparently rule out other causes.

The delay in testing is the latest in a series of apparent missteps that have come to light in how local authorities have handled the nation’s first Ebola diagnosis. The case has been marked by failures to recognize the disease quickly, inadequate containment of people exposed to the patient, spotty communication with the public, and a lack of transparency on the part of government officials.

source

More at the link.

Also patient in Toronto tests negative and the patient in Maryland has Malaria. Both good news comparatively.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Saw this headline on the local news down here in Dallas about an hour ago.

More information about how much the hospital messed up originally. The patients records, including his travel records, were available to the medical team during his first visit, when he was sent home to take some pills. The hospital yesterday said there was en electronics error and they couldnt see his records, but it turns out there was no error at all.

Hospital: Ebola patient's records were available to full medical team

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital released information Friday night correcting a previous statement it sent out Thursday night.

Friday's statement said Ebola patient Thomas Duncan's electronic health records, including his travel history, were available to the full care team during his first visit to the emergency department Sept. 25.

That corrects the hospital's Thursday night statement saying that there was an electronic error with recordkeeping on Duncan during his first visit to the emergency department.

Living a few miles north of Dallas, and hearing more and more about all the mess ups that happened..... wow.

Im not sure if it was mentioned yet (heard it on the radio earlier today), but when the patients roommates/family still living at the apartment were being moved this afternoon, sheriffs deputys went into the apartment pretty much unprotected about an hour before the hazmat cleanup team arrived....because the hazmat team was waiting for a permit to be processed to clean the apartment....
edit on 4-10-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

I was so creeped out watching him. It was shocking really. I guess that's one way to guarantee no reporter comes close to you afterwards with followup questions. It's like watching someone commit suicide by Ebola. *shudder*

That news conference was just surreal.

On another note, thanks to you for your amazing work. Truly.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Also, our local DFW WFAA station just released a story about an hour ago criticizing the entire response to this.

www.wfaa.com...

Delayed response and mis-steps may have given Ebola the chance to spread.

DALLAS – Even a resident inside the apartment quarantined for potential Ebola contamination couldn't understand why she and her family were left to live for days with the Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan's contaminated belongings.

A hazardous materials crew finally showed up Friday to bag up and sanitize the materials, four days after Duncan, who was staying at the apartment, was diagnosed with Ebola.

More on the apartment.

Children who stayed in the apartment with Duncan went to school for two days after the diagnosis. One child in the home even went to school Wednesday morning, despite a warning from health authorities to stay inside the residence.

and more on the Sheriff deputy's that went into the apartment.

On Wednesday night, when Dallas County Health & Human Services Director Zach Thompson and Dr. Christopher Perkins visited the potentially-contaminated apartment with an official legal order of quarantine, five members of the Dallas County Sheriff's Office walked in with them. They were not wearing medical protection such as gloves, nor were they given an warnings about possible exposure.

No protection, no warnings....

Those deputies admit they are now nervous.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

It really was surreal. It left me wondering if everything we've heard about how Ebola can be transmitted is a lie, or if he could really be so completely ignorant of any facts about Ebola, or if he was in total denial, or if he was really so stupid, or if he was so determined to promote trust in the government's ability to protect people that he would knowingly risk his life and the lives of his family. I still don't know which it was.

On another note, thanks to you for your amazing work. Truly.

Thanks! And you're welcome.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I commented in another thread about stupid people trying to lead the way. This judge is a stupid man that should not be giving advise. They are trying to downplay this entire thing hoping the media goes away. They even outright blamed the media in this press conference. Hopefully his wife and family have a few more braincells and help him with his stupidity/arrogance.

I have a leader at my work who walks around with his hands in his pockets looking at the floor shuffling his feet. Men/woman who are like this are not leaders but followers trying to be something genetics did not give them. Most leaders we see today fit into this apathetic box. What we need is someone swinging their arms looking straight ahead lifting their feet off the floor leading the way this time around.
edit on 4-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I noticed he used the term "compliant patients," then swiftly corrected himself. The word "patients" was a slip of the tongue. Behind closed doors, I'm guessing the "compliant persons" are referred to as "patients." A lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join