It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
now the doc is thanking people....the intake nurse did so awesome......blah blah blah.....thanks to the ambulance drivers from metro atlanta. thanks kenneth stone hospital...
from the first moment this case was handled perfectly....blah blah.....

so far all labs are negative and normal...

finally

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
When did he travel to Africa, last week, last month, last year, what does recently really imply? Dr Brantley also tested negative the 1st time then positive the next. I am not so sure with other fiasco's that have transpired without knowing complete details that I am a hundred percent confident in their findings. I shut the tab down so if I miss something, I know with 100% confidence that I will see it here...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Where is this from. I've been reading so much, I'm confused, tell me this one.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey, I'm sure they were worried too, but you're right, it sure did take them a long time to spit out what the stations were reporting 25 minutes ago.

(It's Kennestone by the way, not that it matters all that much.)

I'm kind of surprised at how fast they got the test results? Is there a more rapid test now? Are false negatives still an issue? Anyone know?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21
Yeah I just said that before. Did they say they did verify he was in Africa? I got a call and missed a bit of the presser.

Oh I hear it now...not yet verified. He is claiming Nigeria...and that he was in DC too!

edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I will say, that because of the media frenzy, you will have a lot of reports of 'possible cases' which turn out to be nothing. It's just medical care professionals being cautious. Precaution is a good thing, although the media is probably causing people to panic and think they have Ebola when they don't.
edit on 3-10-2014 by windowpane because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Commissioner Gorden in the back ground must have been in the Secret Service at some point, look how he distrusts the media and the crowd, his eyes jet back and forth as if he is on duty....

15 minutes of fame.
edit on pm1031pmFri, 03 Oct 2014 15:27:29 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: windowpane

I have to agree on that one. Rather have precaution than stupidity.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He was in Nairobi (Kenya) first then went to Nigeria.

Re his lab tests: the ones they have back show no raised titers for "whites" (white blood cells) or platelets. Liver results also normal. If he had Ebola those numbers would be up. They don't have the definitive Ebola test back yet but they're confident it will be negative.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks antar, yea I have read that, but you must pay real close attention to the actual wording. I have bolded the important words from your quote:

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: AutOmatIc

From my post on about page 34:

Author Dr. Gary Kobinger suspects that the virus is transmitted through droplets, not fomites, because evidence of infection in the lungs of the monkeys indicated that the virus was inhaled.

Furthermore, because human Ebola outbreaks have historically been locally contained, it is unlikely that Ebola can spread between humans via airborne transmission.

- See more at: healthmap.org...

Did you catch that? The doctor suspects that it is not transmitted through fomites, but is not 100% absolutely sure, so there's a chance. And although it is unlikely that Ebola can be spread between humans via airborne transmission they are not 100% sure. There is a chance, even if it is a small one.

I'm not willing to take that chance, are you?
edit on 3-10-2014 by AutOmatIc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks.

Also, she just said twice, after a reporter asked why they announced it hours early, before it was totally verified, that they "do not believe he has ebola." Again, I missed a bit, sadly. The announcement about the test?
edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So, just to confirm. As of right now the only lab-confirmed case of Ebola was Thomas Duncan in Dallas. There have been no other lab confirmed cases, correct?

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

And I am glad to see a positive action plan well done. However enough now on the press conference, and why didn't they just tell people off the bat? This just feels odd to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
also, i just read a story from cnn.com......it is basically a compound with all the current stories.
a haz mat team has finally arrived to clean the apartment duncan was in.

that news article is saying it has taken so long because the cdc and the texas dot were in conflict about who was allowed to do what. according to that story the haz mat team needs a special permit to transport the contaminated # on texas highways.

so that is the new reason for the delay even though a few hours ago it was said its cause no haz mat company wanted to do it.

i like how in the movies the cdc just rolls in, flashes id and starts handling the scene. clean up, testing, whatever.

apparently in real life the cdc needs special # or the dot wont let them transport..

more ball dropping.....in situations like this it needs to be handled like 5 minutes ago, not when they get their permits together...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Re the possible/maybe/suspected Hawaii case:

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) -

The all clear has been given. The man feared to have the Ebola virus is to be released from Queen's Medical Center today. He is symptom free and not a risk to the public.

The patient called his doctor yesterday and then went to Queen's Medical Center which was ready for him. He was put into isolation because of his symptoms and because he had traveled to Africa. But they gave the all clear because the symptoms and travel itinerary didn't all match for a positive case.

More (including self-congratulatory pats on the back and the "we all know what we're doing" spiel etc etc) in the Hawaii Ebola scare was a "good test run" says Health Director report on the Hawaii News Now website.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm confused.

This Atlanta case they are sure in less than 24 hours.

But the DC cases (at least one) they haven't announce a thing yet and it's been over 24 hours? www.wjla.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

No I am not, I see the little particles when someone sneezes in a room filled with light and its horrifying. Those are droplets and can be inhaled. Vent systems can transmit those particle imho.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windowpane
So, just to confirm. As of right now the only lab-confirmed case of Ebola was Thomas Duncan in Dallas. There have been no other lab confirmed cases, correct?

duncan and the news reporter or whatever that was in africa but then flown here. i think he is in maryland but im not sure on that.

he should be pretty well contained.

i dont think there are any other confirmed..

2 in dc that are suspected.
then all the people they are monitoring in dallas

link   

originally posted by: Seek_Truth
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

If "The Plan" is to subcontract out the cleanup of hazardous materials during an outbreak and epidemic, we are all in deep $#@!.

No company in their right mind will take on that sort of contract. I'm blown away.

Exactly.
Who do they normally use to sanitize their Level 4 Labs? Bring them in. They're seasoned. They're used to hazardous bio-waste. Right? Isn't this a no-brainer really???

link   
a reply to: antar
Maybe to distract from the Dallas case and make some people with shorter-term memories forget what a huge FUBAR has gone on there in TX?

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join