It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC mobilizing: Dallas Hospital confirms First Positive Ebola Case in the US

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Thankyou! I thought I was the only one who noticed that any other time the results take a while, this guy....2 hours. I mean come on, either he doesn't have it and they found out abnormally quick or they're covering their behinds out of panic.

If I was a prisoner in that jail and found out he had Ebola, the rest of the inmates and I would be making a stand right about now.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

If "The Plan" is to subcontract out the cleanup of hazardous materials during an outbreak and epidemic, we are all in deep $#@!.

it makes me all comfy inside to know that they are taking bids on a bio cleanup instead of using people from the cdc

edit*

edit on 3-10-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

link   
She just said wash your hands and its over, clean!!!! OMG!

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think he was arrested overnight, maybe early morning hours. So less than 12 hours probably. Still a whole lot less time than the DC cases (at least one of them). Weird. Very.

a reply to: antar
Wow. Caught that too. And so nonchalantly.

edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Maybe to distract from the Dallas case and make some people with shorter-term memories forget what a huge FUBAR has gone on there in TX?

Yes their handling of it was and is atrocious. If it's any measure of the readiness of officials there, and at the federal level, I seriously hope we don't have any meaningful outbreak of Ebola in the USA because it looks like we're woefully unprepared.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

That's a possibility but I agree, it doesn't sit well.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think he was arrested overnight, maybe early morning hours. So less than 12 hours probably. Still a whole lot less time than the DC cases (at least one of them). Weird. Very.

Wow. Caught that too. And so non-nonchalantly.

arrested at 3:30am

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

There ya go! So 12 hours! Fishy fishy.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I hope this all gets resumed soon, I hope my family and I never have to enact our Doomsday Plan.

Thank you for posting this thread, it has been an amazing well of information!

I believe the next thing to happen if this begins to spread, Ebola Vaccines, the stocks are up the doom is up, the media is hiding something.

I am so hopeful that this just sizzles out. We don't need any more problems in this country.

Star for you OP!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iclimbtowers

This thread, the megathread from way back in early August, has a ton of info too about ebola in general despite its title. I think there was another one as well.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The best we can hope for is to die in our sleep~ Kenny Rogers

I truly dislike this feeling of uncertainty, I hope this too shall pass.

Thank you Lucidity, for the additional link!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Channel 11 conference-
The regular labs were "normal". The results of the definitive test done by CDC to determine the presence of the virus will be in later tonight.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
She just said wash your hands and its over, clean!!!! OMG!

insane, so then why are they disinfecting things he came in contact with, why clean up the apartment if you cannot catch it off a surface?

They are so shifty
edit on 033131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The possible ebola case in Utah still outstanding.

A patient with Ebola-like symptoms remains hospitalized in Salt Lake City. Primary Children’s Hospital officials say it is unlikely that the person has the virus but they are taking precautionary measures. Officials say the patient had traveled to a country in Africa that does not currently have an Ebola outbreak but the patient began to develop symptoms consistent with the virus. However, after getting additional information, doctors made an alternative diagnosis and they say the possibility of Ebola infection is “extremely remote.”

source

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Have they tested Duncan's girl friend? Wouldn't the results be in by now????

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

how early will it show up in tests?
she came in contact with duncan a few days ago so she is only a few days into the incubation period, if she has it

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

I heard at least twenty-one days after contact, but I don't know about how soon you can catch it, last night someone said up to 90 day incubation period, that was the first I ever heard of that length of time

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I remember reading them saying they tested the paramedics hat took him to he er and their tests were negative. Why wouldn't they throw a parade for her negative test results???

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: k3d59

Thank you! Damn work calls!

But yet they made the call that they were "certain" he did not have it. She said that at least twice that I heard.

a reply to: stellawayten

The paramedics in Dallas? It's too soon to test them. They won't know for a while if they got infected. I don't think the tests work until that magical 21 days or if they show symptoms sooner, which is the problem, or a big part of it?
edit on 10/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
Ebola's incubation period is typically in the range of 2 to 21 days. Actually, 21 days is the 99th percentile mark for cases. One percent of people may take longer but the graphs for incubation range max out at 25 days.

(right-click image to view it bigger.) Source: CDC, from Estimating the Future Number of Cases in the Ebola Epidemic — Liberia and Sierra Leone, 2014–2015, Appendix 2

I don't think testing would show much until the virus has multiplied enough to show up. That could happen before the patient becomes symptomatic but typically they will wait until someone shows symptoms before they test.

Another factor is that if regular lab tests for leukocytes come back normal (indicating the body's not fighting an infection) then an Ebola test is probably pointless as its levels would still be too low. Just my opinion. Well okay, my wife's opinion, to be honest.
She worked in health care in hospitals for about 40 years and is fairly well versed in lab tests.

edit on 3/10/14 by JustMike because: Added graph and link to source

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join