It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed intruder threatens staff, students at Sydney Islamic school

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Being frustrated and scared is not OK at all. Surely we can all hold hands and agree that there is not nearly enough outrage coming from the muslim community in Australia at the moment.

They're all still trying to play this stuff down and obviously if a nut bar sees an opportunity to express his warped self he will - and apparently did.

See, this is me saying the man is a mental case. Now I want the muslims to come out and clearly state - with no excuses - that the guy that stabbed the cops in Melbourne was the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No one is defending the guy who went into the school with a knife. Let's be clear about that. Everyone is up in arms over this from the OP:

Here we go, just as I predicted in another thread the crazies have come out of the woodwork intent on blaming all Muslims for the actions of a deranged few

It is not a FEW. The numbers have been put out and it's over 200-400 Million who don't mind that Muslims commit terror. That's an entire country full of people.

If there's 1.6 Billion of you, then there should not be terror like the extremist are doing. Condemn them in public and get rid of them. You won't.
edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Being frustrated and scared is not OK at all. Surely we can all hold hands and agree that there is not nearly enough outrage coming from the muslim community in Australia at the moment.

I don't know what news you're watching or reading mate, but I'm seeing plenty.

See, this is me saying the man is a mental case.

I completely agree there. Except to add he had a bigotry toward Muslims that set off the mental 'disruption' if you will.

Now I want the muslims to come out and clearly state - with no excuses - that the guy that stabbed the cops in Melbourne was the same.

Some already have mate, you just aren't seeing it. I would like to know how the actions of the Melbourne man become the responsibility of all 1.599999999 billion other Muslims though?
edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

I don't know what news you're watching or reading mate, but I'm seeing plenty.

See, this is me saying the man is a mental case.

I completely agree there. Except to add he had a bigotry toward Muslims that set off the mental 'disruption' if you will.

Now I want the muslims to come out and clearly state - with no excuses - that the guy that stabbed the cops in Melbourne was the same.

Some already have mate, you just aren't seeing it. I would like to know how the actions of the Melbourne man become the responsibility of all 1.599999999 billion other Muslims though?

Will you please stop playing with numbers, man. Come on. 1.5999999, yeah ok. There's one member of ISIS I assume?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
Do you demand everytime a catholic goes off the rails the pope and churches issue formal apologies on his behalf? Unless you are saying that stabbing cops in the face is in the quran lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Rubbish. They come out and say how terrible the incident was and their tone is far from where it ought to be. They are practically scrambling for excuses, rather than just saying Ok, the kid was a mental case and had a warped view of his religion which led him to this.

Surely if you've been seeing so much news that there are a vocal muslims who are up in arms that the cops shot the guy. He was stabbing them. What the hell were they supposed to do?

Slightly more on-topic, I hope this crazy guy that went into the muslim school get's treatment or punishment - whichever it is that he needs.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

It is not a FEW. The numbers have been put out and it's over 200-400 Million who don't mind that Muslims commit terror. That's an entire country full of people.

Thats assuming those numbers are correct - and even then THEY ARE STILL A MINORITY by the definition of the word.

If there's 1.6 Billion of you, then there should not be terror like the extremist are doing. Condemn them in public and get rid of them. You won't.

They won't? Are you forgetting the millions that already are? Yes, I think you are - why is that?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Do you demand everytime a catholic goes off the rails the pope and churches issue formal apologies on his behalf? Unless you are saying that stabbing cops in the face is in the quran lol.

They're totally different and you're playing the what if game. Why do you say Catholics? There's other religions you know?

No other religion is beheading people for non-compliance or being of another religion, but Muslims. Catholics aren't shooting cops because they're of another religion. You make no sense.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Thats assuming those numbers are correct - and even then THEY ARE STILL A MINORITY by the definition of the word.

They won't? Are you forgetting the millions that already are? Yes, I think you are - why is that?

You can play all the word trickery you want with your MINORITY BS. I'm going by the real numbers here. 400 MILLION MUSLIMS THAT DON'T CARE IF OTHER MUSLIMS KILL!!!!

Is that too hard for you to understand. I'm not playing by your MINORITY Rule. Sorry. I'm stating facts about the real numbers.
edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Do you demand everytime a catholic goes off the rails the pope and churches issue formal apologies on his behalf?

Yes, I do. You don't?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Rubbish. They come out and say how terrible the incident was and their tone is far from where it ought to be. They are practically scrambling for excuses, rather than just saying Ok, the kid was a mental case and had a warped view of his religion which led him to this.

SOME OF THEM ARE. A MINORITY. The rest are condemning it.

Surely if you've been seeing so much news that there are a vocal muslims who are up in arms that the cops shot the guy. He was stabbing them. What the hell were they supposed to do?

Again - SOME OF THEM ARE - A MINORITY. I'm sorry to have to keep repeating myself but it's clearly necessary.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

SOME OF THEM ARE. A MINORITY. The rest are condemning it.

Again - SOME OF THEM ARE - A MINORITY. I'm sorry to have to keep repeating myself but it's clearly necessary.

400 MILLION . . . I'm going to use my vocabulary now VAST. A VAST amount of Muslims don't care if other Muslims kill for religion. BOOM.

link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime
[INSERT WHATEVER RELIGION], I don't care. I don't hear anyone demanding a whole religion to condemn the acts of individuals in their faith, except muslims. That is my point, if that was the case, there would have to be a whole 24/7 apology channel devoted to every religion.

Christians are burning witches alive in some places. That muslim dude didn't stab the cops because he is muslim either. He went off the rails. Divorce, cancelled passport, then cops visiting his house, then he went off the rails. That has nothing to do with his religion. Why should muslims have to address the public for it? It's a nasty double standard.

edit on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:37:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

link   
Closed for staff review.

Thread is now re-opened.
Please note that ANY further disruptions...including replies to past posts that are rude...can and will result in a 72 hour post ban.
Stay on topic, bickering, side bars and chit chat are not part of the topic.

If anyone needs a refresher, so there is no misunderstanding, please read as needed:

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Do not reply to this post!!

edit on Thu Sep 25 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

(post by KROandSOTV removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No, that would be dumb. Why should people have to apologize for others? Should all white/black people have to hold rallies everytime a person of their race does evil as well? How about we hold individuals responsible for their individuals actions instead?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OK so back to the topic of the thread:

Armed intruder threatens staff, students at Sydney Islamic school

I pointed out in my OP that I feared this may start happening more often. I should have added that unless massive public education of the situation with ISIS and their relationship with the rest of Islam happens, more people may lose the plot and target innocent Muslims.

Education is the key here, an informed public is much less likely to make false assumptions and make reprisal attacks against innocents.

Also, I should have added that I hope the intruder of the Islamic School in Minto is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

(On a side note, I just realised that I did a carnival job at that school when I worked for an amusement company many years ago. Small world eh..)
edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Slightly more on-topic, I hope this crazy guy that went into the muslim school get's treatment or punishment - whichever it is that he needs.

Thanks for that.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join