It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed intruder threatens staff, students at Sydney Islamic school

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No, I said a "sizeable minority" of Muslims support, tacitly or otherwise, the violent actions that we see happening all around the world - perpetrated in the name of Islam (as least the perpetrators claim they are doing it for Islam).

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Muslims didn't do that?

"On February 14, 1989, Iran's former religious leader Ayatollah Khomeini issued a religious edict calling for the death of British-Indian novelist, Salman Rushdie, for writing the controversial novel, The Satanic Verses, which many Muslims regarded as demeaning their Prophet Muhammad".

You just answered your own question. IRANS FORMER RELIGIOUS LEADER. So there you go again, tarring all 1.6 billion Muslims for the actions of a few.

Please, feel free to keep proving my point.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

No, I said a "sizeable minority" of Muslims support, tacitly or otherwise, the violent actions that we see happening all around the world - perpetrated in the name of Islam (as least the perpetrators claim they are doing it for Islam).

"MINORITY" is the operative word in that sentence.

Yet certain posters here seem intent on painting all 1.6 BILLION Muslims with the same brush all because of the actions of that MINORITY. That makes them bigots, pure and simple by the very dictionary definition of the word.

Why is this so friggin difficult to understand????????????

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Here you are GREEN LANE MOSQUE

I GIVE YA THAT FOR NOTHING .

Is that a Mosque where hatred is being preached?

It does not bother me in the slightest

What doesn't?

i want the moderates to have a go at the hateful preachers and shut them down and if cant understand that in you're little head i feel sorry you.

So ask them, or are Muslims supposed to be psychic as well, Hey lots of ignorance being thrown around, not sure what to think of the haters, whether just uninformed, manipulated or its been ingrained in them by older generations like the media tell us Muslims are are ingraining their young into extremism.

How do you tell one is a moderate and another a radical, by the way?

Do you hold a suspicion on all Muslims and people of Arab decent?

I suspect you don't know any Muslims and this would be that last thing you would attempt, to befriend a person of Muslim faith as that would quickly show you how much like you (if you are a peace loving person) most are and how easy it is to confuse and manipulate one with all we have at our fingertips.

Its funny that you and many others abide to the idea that they don't want integrate when coming into foreign countries but fail to see how hard integration is when so much racism still plagues the earth.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: mobiusmale
I don't get this hand wringing over sharia law. I don't hear people yelling about halakha law jews use amongst themselves. You do realize sharia law is an agreement between two muslims, same as halakha law is an agreement between two jews right?

This thread is sad as #. It's about a nutcase that went in a school armed to hurt or kill muslim kids. Instead of moral outrage about that, it turned into a muslim bash thread..... These are kids, in a school, doing nothing to no one!

Agreed that this thread has gone way off course...and should have been restricted to condemnation of a nutjob who went to a school and threatened kids and teachers.

I think the hand-wringing about Sharia Law begins when its proponents suggest (insist?) that Sharia Law should sit above the "laws of the land" in which it is to be imposed.

(post by Kryties removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Kryties

This thread is sad as #. It's about a nutcase that went in a school armed to hurt ot kill muslim kids. Instead of moral outrage about that, it turned into a muslim bash thread..... These are kids, in a school, doing nothing to no one!

BINGO!!! You win the thread

Cookies for you!

Lol, your the one who turned this into a Muslim issue in your first post. Lol.

See I knew you started this thread in order to bait people.

Epic fail op.

This guy is known for that. If you look through his previous posts he does it on purpose and always loses in the end.

@mobiusmale, Great post.

edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

link   
Double post again (wtf?)

edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: Kryties

"MINORITY" is the operative word in that sentence.

Yet certain posters here seem intent on painting all 1.6 BILLION Muslims with the same brush all because of the actions of that MINORITY. That makes them bigots, pure and simple by the very dictionary definition of the word.

Why is this so friggin difficult to understand????????????

That is not difficult to understand. I suppose...and granted that everybody uses different communication strategies/tactics...I would have just pointed out to those posters that the evidence indicates that it is in fact a minority, instead of using inflammatory labels when responding to them.

Carry on...
edit on 25-9-2014 by mobiusmale because: format

link   

Hope to see ya back soon

I cant leave,

The hate is heavy,

But you are all my brothers my sisters, haters and lovers alike, Muslims, Jews and Christians alike.

Its unity I want, the human race.

I understand hating that which hates you, I also understand its a cycle to keep us from moving forward.

Who is responsible, who cares, right now we debating all this divides us and it we keep getting further and further.

Humanity can stand up against any group, terror or whatever.

If humanity can wake up from our divisive states, pride and patriotism and up that to one for the whole world, then my job is done and can a break from my delusions, until then I will fight hatred with love even If have doubts of my own of what I am defending.

Really out now, just wanted to add my piece on unity and how that seems like the only solution to our earthly human man made and interpreted issues.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
No idea? Look at this thread to get a good idea. People defending a nutjob walking into a school armed hunting for muslims, or brushed off as not a big deal because they were only muslim kids. That is just the tip of the iceburg of the hate they have to put up with. That breeds extreme hate. Not rocket surgery bro. Not to mention all the bombs being dropped on their families that past 50 years or so.

I'll have to read this thread entirely - I didn't realise that people were defending this guy.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
They are bashing muslims and not saying a word about the nutjob at all lol. It's like when someone criticizes isreal, and people just start screaming about the haulocaust to deflect attention elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join