It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

apparently its SIRIAN,,not AMERICAN.

but still he's an Ally.

So send in search and rescue,,Syrian,,search and rescue.

"Isil militants down Syrian fighter jet in Raqqa"

gulfnews.com...
edit on 9/22/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

According to the time and date, that was tweeted roughly 9 hours ago, when it would have been dark over there....I think the propaganda machine is working overtime on this one

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

That would fall in line with my previous hypothesis that it was one of our jets given to an ally.

Whatever the case, we need to send in SAR. The USAF has the world's best SAR and Para-Rescue Jumpers, those are the guys that Spec. Ops call when their in trouble. Send them in, get the pilot, get out.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Strange, I just woke up this morning with a feeling that something quite big was undergoing now, like I just have to come to ATS to see what it's about.

This is definitely big, and actually the first time I believe the U.S is fighting on two fronts in the Middle East. IMO it would be interesting to see how TURKEY is going to react to this, since they have been silent all along.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

According to the time and date, that was tweeted roughly 9 hours ago, when it would have been dark over there....I think the propaganda machine is working overtime on this one

Ya, they had many days to prepare their "Baghdad Bob" moments for social media, while they been waiting for the attack since Obama's speech.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Rumor has it ISIS will post another beheading video in response to airstrikes today.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Be Ashamed America, be Very Ashamed.

Your name is synonymous with Death, Misery and Destruction.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Folks on ATS etc. must be betting that ISIS is a really bad terror group.......... but wait..........there is much more sinister group lurking around. As per this link........guess peace is not in cards in the fight against the terror.....yet !!

rt.com...

Although the first public mention of the group was only this Thursday, American intelligence is said to have been tracking it for over a decade. Former President George W. Bush once mentioned the name of its leader in 2005 in connection with a French oil tanker bombing in 2002 off the coast of Yemen.

Khorasan itself is shrouded in mystery. Little is known publicly apart from its being composed of former Al-Qaeda operatives from the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia. The group is said to favor concealed explosives as a terror method.

Like many other groups taking up the power vacuum in war-torn Syria, Khorasan has on occasion shifted its alliances.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Wanted to say 'Thank you' to everyone bringing info on this military move

IMO, this is a historical moment. 2-3yrs we'll look back and hopefully discuss that today/tonight was the 'Beginning'.

Crazy Times Ahead.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Operation becoming difficult to remain effective from the air, targets are dispersing into the population and blending in.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

what no dead kids stuff?
or was that Hamas,,

and i wonder if the Coaltion knocked first,, ???
u know cause well,,
If one Civilized State has too ,shouldn't the most States of all,, the United States??

cause i know Qatar might,, u know just a heads up too Hamas,, and Hezba,,
Hamas are not terrorists,,while in Qatar,,diplomatic stuff,,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Starred your post.

I also came across this too. I'll bet a bag of camel milk that 'ISIS' will eventually 'evolve' into Khorasan, when the time is right. Khorasan- get used to that term now lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Obama knows what he is doing. He is beginning the end. Behold a pale horse....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Apparently a Russian airline flight is going right near the area, not too concerned about the fighting.

Is this really near the area?
If so, could this be a deliberate attempt by Russia to get dragged into it?

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Looks like the fight is spreading. Multiple reports coming in of Syrian Air Force striking targets in the city of Tabqa, Syria.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
Operation becoming difficult to remain effective from the air, targets are dispersing into the population and blending in.

When they launch tomahawks they are going after hard targets, not the ants running around the ant hills yet.
A State cannot function without infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Seems to be a blackout in Raqqa, Syria. Hardly any tweets coming from the area, compared to the start. Others in twitter are noticing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

so hows the Dam in Mossal??

cause its a big Damn dam.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well damn. Assad will be dead within a month, two tops.

I am all for eradicating these ISIS scumbags. Seems the US just always has a trick up its' sleeve to get what they want...

This is madness. All of the final pieces moved into place over the past few months and then just like that the action starts. I fear what lies ahead.

Poor Assad. Seems he is supporting the airstrikes but even he must now know the end is nigh.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Wanted to say 'Thank you' to everyone bringing info on this military move

IMO, this is a historical moment. 2-3yrs we'll look back and hopefully discuss that today/tonight was the 'Beginning'.

Crazy Times Ahead.

Very much hope so !! ISIS not only scares me but it also disgusts terribly. Want this group to be destroyed and forgotten very quickly. For them anyone who is not a muslim deserves a beheading.........hence a very dangerous mindset.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join