It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Alleged ISIS Communication Tower crippled by airstrikes.

Getting confused about the changes in lighting between the first picture and this picture...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What happens when Obama has no ground forces there to take advantage of this bombing?

What happens when they take it out on the civilians and there is no one to stop them?

This half war imo will not work.

If Obama did the right thing and went about this with the Assad forces then this might have a chance to work.

But my fear is for the civilians over there

God help them!

There are no civilians left, ISIL already "took it out on them" when they took over Raqqa and all the other places.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Gaziantep,

previously and still informally called Antep,
is a city in southeast Turkey and among the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world.
The city is located 185 kilometres northeast of Adana and 97 kilometres north of Aleppo,

that is where Coalition Forces need too enforce. Before it Falls too the bad guys.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Unconfirmed reports of ISIS claiming to have downed a US plane. Seems highly unlikely though.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76
a reply to: gatorboi117

In My Opinion this is just gonna create another ISIS or Al Queda. All bombing people does is create hate, and grow more "Terrorist", because to them America is the Terrorist. Especially when these bombings kill ordinary citizens. The sons, and daughters of those Citizens grow up with hatred for the people who killed their father, mother, brother, grandma, etc. This seems to be an endless cycle that just keeps the War going, and the only one that this helps is the people who make money creating and selling military gear to the Military. I understand that the government has to do something, but they better be precise, they better just kill the bad guys, or they are just growing more of them.

You understand the game exceptionally well. This type of campaign, by design, creates its own future "bad guys". It can't help but generate personal vendettas against the West, which, by no coincidence whatsoever, is what the war machine needs to thrive. Without a constant source of new enemies, the whole cycle breaks down and nobody gets any richer

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here's what I predict.

Isis will because of this bombing become so savage to innocents and maybe even (God forbid) a downed pilot…just imagine what they will do to him.

When this savagery gets so bad THE PEOPLE WILL DEMAND OF OBAMA:

GET THOSE GOD___ TROOPS IN THERE TO TAKE THEM OUT!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Reports of ISIS evacuating into rural areas due to circling drone. Although, I doubt a drone is the cause - seems risky to fly a drone low enough to strike while missiles are cruising down from above it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Looks like that Pandora's Box that I've been shouting about has been Opened.

Talking heads will spoon feed the American public on "How Great" this and future airstrikes are going to be.

. . . Just wait until the Saudi/Iran war begins. Won't be so "great".

**cough** oil wells **cough** --- great excuse for the U.S. financial collapse.

Oh, and if theres any Americans that eat at Jason's deli in Houston, Tx - might want to check this out:

Ssssshhhhhh! Genie is outta the bottle

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Reports indicating that the Un Envoy to Syria and the Syrian Government were made aware of the impending strikes, possibly gave consent.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: Royal76

In My Opinion this is just gonna create another ISIS or Al Queda. All bombing people does is create hate, and grow more "Terrorist", because to them America is the Terrorist. Especially when these bombings kill ordinary citizens. The sons, and daughters of those Citizens grow up with hatred for the people who killed their father, mother, brother, grandma, etc. This seems to be an endless cycle that just keeps the War going, and the only one that this helps is the people who make money creating and selling military gear to the Military. I understand that the government has to do something, but they better be precise, they better just kill the bad guys, or they are just growing more of them.

You understand the game exceptionally well. This type of campaign, by design, creates its own future "bad guys". It can't help but generate personal vendettas against the West, which, by no coincidence whatsoever, is what the war machine needs to thrive. Without a constant source of new enemies, the whole cycle breaks down and nobody gets any richer

The only problem with this general and broad statement is that this war is not the same as the original war on Iraq by the Bush dog and Cheney…people understand that that was an unjustified war of aggression.

This can be called a “good” war when innocents are so badly treated by ISIL who can be likened to Nazis.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
More reports of a downed US plane, plus a captured pilot.

Hoping these prove to be false, like I expect.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
Reports indicating that the Un Envoy to Syria and the Syrian Government were made aware of the impending strikes, possibly gave consent.

See, Assad is cool with it and in the loop.

Another excuse of the naysayers down the crapper.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Where are these reports from?...can u give a link

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My name-a Borat. I come from Kazakhstan. Can I say a-first, we support your war of terror! May we show our support to our boys in Iraq! - (Syria) May US and A kill every single terrorist! May your George Bush - (Barack Obama) drink the blood of every single man, women, and child of Iraq! - (Syria). May you destroy their country so that for next thousand years not even a single lizard will survive in their desert!

USA! USA! USA!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I went on twitter and searched "raqqa".

Not all of these reports will be verifiable. Most of it is word of mouth. It can come from people inside Syria, folks listening to the radio in Europe, or anywhere in the world. The upside to it is it gets streams of information from all sources. It's up to us to wade through it and see what is true.

I'll just be posting the most interesting things I find here, I like to do that for events as they occur.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thanks, I get it keep lookin you're getting good stuff

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Uh-oh, here is supposed "proof" of a downed US plane.

Hopefully these are old photos. Could also be one of the many planes we gave to other countries that may be used currently in this operation.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks, I'll try to keep everyone in the loop as long as possible, at least until it's time to head to bed!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

id look for or set up LIVESTREAM,,here,,,

Gaziantep,

i believe will be a interesting choke point.

Currently under CNN control.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
More photos of wreckage from the supposed downed US plane. I'll need to see pictures of the actual crash site to believe it to be true, though.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join