It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That argument is old and worn out

Royal76 argument might be old and worn but there is lots of truth behind it. You can't expect to make people to like you, tolerate you or work with you by force and bombing raids.

Perhaps we should be more actively looking at more peaceful solutions that might have less long term back lash versus going for the quick and dirty short term solution?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

They are hitting ISIL not FSA, the FSA are in the Saudi desert training camps with all the resources the US House and Senate appropriated for them to go fight ISIL.

I am on the planet where this happened a few decades ago:

The Peshawar Seven insurgents received military training in neighboring Pakistan and China,[

en.wikipedia.org...

That asinine action didn't turn out so well for us.

History repeats.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The US is the real terrorist organization... Look at the history...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
it is just an excuse to move to weaken Assad so the militants can over throw him. smoke and mirrors.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yah, I heard Assad has been winning. No boots on ground… just bombs.

They are lying.

What they are doing is telling people 2+2=5.

A standard political tactic.

For the record there ARE boots on the ground.

That are special forces, and forward air controlers.

That gather intelligence, and targeting information, and relay it to those strike groups.

They are playing semantics.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks won't be hitting the FSA think again.

Think again? Tomahawks go to predesignated targets. Big targets. Fixed targets. Pre airstrike targets. Radar and missile launchers

Assads air defenses.

Have never, will never buy the ISIS crap. Now we see why the recent ISIS media blitz was really all about… 24 / 7 propaganda campaign to lead us all the way here…

I been saying they were going to do it all along…

And awaaay we go.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Royal76 argument might be old and worn but there is lots of truth behind it. You can't expect to make people to like you, tolerate you or work with you by force and bombing raids.

Perhaps we should be more actively looking at more peaceful solutions that might have less long term back lash versus going for the quick and dirty short term solution?

Nope, they killed all the moderate Muslims and converted the rest, now every child is being schooled and trained for one thing, Jihad. There is nothing we can do to make it better and there is nothing we can do to make it worse. Bottom line the POTUS set a mission to destroy ISIL and there are 40 nations in a coalition to go do it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Please expand on your proposal. Who exactly are we going to offer a peaceful solution to? ISIS? Who is going to want a peaceful solution? ISIS?

Peace and reason won't work with these barbarians. Sorry. As much as I'd like for us all to be able to sit around a campfire and hash it out, it simply can't happen.

Maybe the next group that attempts to rise to power can be reasoned with. Maybe this group can once we decimate their leadership and infrastructure. But for now, it's not happening.

Bombs away.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks won't be hitting the FSA think again.

Think again? Tomahawks go to predesignated targets. Big targets. Fixed targets. Pre airstrike targets. Radar and missile launchers

Assads air defenses.

Have never, will never buy the ISIS crap. Now we see why the recent ISIS media blitz was really all about… 24 / 7 propaganda campaign to lead us all the way here…

I been saying they were going to do it all along…

And awaaay we go.

No, no, we are just protecting ourselves from Terror from those who would do us harm. We should never forget 911 and how they hate our freedoms. .....wait, that was 2003.

Umm, the threat is very real, ISIS will eat you. It will then poop you out and chop you're head off in front of a camera for the whole world to see...... the executioners back, just before they edit the gore.....you know, for the children.

Heck, what do they care, they probably get paid a bonus for every dead, likely double bonus for killing a family member. Oh did I mention beheading, and terror and stuff?
edit on 22-9-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well, considering the amount of damage our air and navy can deliver; there is no doubt the damage to the Syrian people will be massive. Clearly, the US is uninterested in ever being "not at war," so much so that they have gently convinced us that we can actually wage a "war" against the buildings of a nation to diminish criminal organizations who are operating within their borders. As if they couldn't move.

Over a million souls flee the shelling and bombing, creating a deluge of refugees at a time when an incredibly virulent epidemic blossoms on the continent. Syria, one of the nations we are constantly conditioned to consider unfavorably, offered to participate in the process of uprooting and abolishing the brutality of these zealots... but US officials say "No way!" - and I can't blame them. Who knows how deeply these militants are embedded within the Syrian Government?

I reject this kind of action by 'coalitions' whether they portend to be 'willing' or not.

I feel the only people who win this kind of campaign are the arms dealers and black marketeers (and those who profit from their existence.)

Objective: Reduce the threat presented by these "religious" militant zealots to as near to zero as possible.

Aside from mass murder; is there no other alternative? Aside from demolishing the meager infrastructure present; is there no other alternative? Aside from displacing hundreds of thousands; is there no alternative we can find?

I think in the end we will find that this, like most post-19th century military engagements, is designed for economic effect; the 'excuse' is just convenient. Or we would be doing the same to any other militant 'religious' groups we apparently are fine with ignoring.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

I guess it's just a matter of time now before we have our excuse to move into Syria completely.

I wonder what magical event it will be. . .
Bye, bye Assad!
edit on 9/22/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Any people forced to do anything NEED TO BE RESCUED, SO SEND IN THE POLICE FORCE< NOT BOMBS FOR ANY VILLAGE OR ANYONE SUPPORTING IT WILL ENDURE ALL THIS IN THEIR NEXT LIFE OR HELL, FROM THE VILLAGER'S PERSPECTIVE UNTIL THEY GET IT FINALLY, WHAT GOOD PEOPLE GET ALREADY, SERVE AND PROTECT, RESCUE AND DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER HARM ANYONE, EXCEPT TO STOP THE MURDERERS.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: neo96

So now we are Assads air force.

Oh, is that by agreement? I am sure he sees it differently.

Nice announcement, though. Like damn, now we have to blow up another country.

Haven't been paying attention ?

Syria has been blowing up for over 2 years.

Over 190,000 civilians have been killed.

cir.ca...

I don't think that is total civilian deaths but deaths total, which include the rebels, terrorists, and maybe Assad's forces.

Either way, the civilian deaths are the highest.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They are playing semantics.

So are you when you claim the objective is some "Islamic State". The objective is first suppress Syrian air defense. Then close air support of rebels in combined assault on Syrian military and just like in Libya, flush out Assad and butcher him on some remote hiway.

The overall plan has not changed, the goal is the same (Assad must go). Syria has always been the next stepping stone in the region. Until Syria is reduced to a morass of armed factions fighting each other the mission cannot be counted as a success like Iraq and Libya, for instance.

Iran is the real goal here, Syria stands in the way.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Bahrain joins U.S., Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the UAE airstrikes against ISIS in Syria, diplomatic sources tell CNN.

News ticker off of CNN just now.

Seems all the neighboring Arab states are dropping their loads on ISIL in Syria too. That is a huge statement, in the past these Arab states mainly offered up logistical support only. ISIL ran around threatening to destroy these very nations so now they are on the receiving end of what they started.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So are you when you claim the objective is some "Islamic State".

No let me phrase this another way.

That most people will understand.

A small minority of right wing fascist neocons run the ME. The 'mob' goes along for the ride.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Please expand on your proposal. Who exactly are we going to offer a peaceful solution to? Osama? Who is going to want a peaceful solution? Al Qaeda?

Peace and reason won't work with these barbarians. Sorry. As much as I'd like for us all to be able to sit around a campfire and hash it out, it simply can't happen.

Bombs away.

I heard the same argument 10 years ago. Worked swimmingly so far.....

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here is the next official announcement:

"Assads forces fired upon coalition aircraft today.

If an unless he stops efforts will be undertaken to suppress Syrian defensive units in the region as deemed necessary by Coalition commanders."

There, freedom to take out Assad, even if he isn't shooting back.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Any people forced to do anything NEED TO BE RESCUED, SO SEND IN THE POLICE FORCE< NOT BOMBS FOR ANY VILLAGE OR ANYONE SUPPORTING IT WILL ENDURE ALL THIS IN THEIR NEXT LIFE OR HELL, FROM THE VILLAGER'S PERSPECTIVE UNTIL THEY GET IT FINALLY, WHAT GOOD PEOPLE GET ALREADY, SERVE AND PROTECT, RESCUE AND DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER HARM ANYONE, EXCEPT TO STOP THE MURDERERS.

Wow, talk about a detachment from reality.

Police vs an armed military force of murderers? Should they have an army of squad cars, paddy wagons and side arms vs armor, artillery and machine guns, not to mention the suicide vesters?

This is a war, Islamic State declared the war, get on the same page.

Islamic State Issues New Declaration of War: ‘Rely Upon Allah, and Kill Him in Any Manner’

BEIRUT (TheBlaze/AP) — The Islamic State issued a new declaration of war Sunday, vowing that its fighters are ready to battle the U.S.-led military coalition seeking to destroy it.

The group’s spokesman made the statements in a new audio recording published in conjunction with a 11-page letter calling on Muslims worldwide to kill civilians of nations that join the fight against the Islamic State.

Source

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
'Islamic state'.

The objective is ISIS:

The Islamic State (IS; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية‎ ad-Dawlah l-ʾIslāmiyyah), previously calling itself the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL /ˈaɪsəl/) or the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS /ˈaɪsɪs/; Arabic: الدولة الإسلامية في العراق والشام‎), and also known by the Arabic acronym Daʿesh (داعش),[a] is an unrecognized state and a Sunni jihadist group active in Iraq and Syria in the Middle East. In its self-proclaimed status as a caliphate, it claims religious authority over all Muslims across the world[82] and aspires to bring most of the Muslim-inhabited regions of the world under its political control[83] beginning with territory in the Levant region which includes Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Lebanon, Cyprus and part of southern Turkey

en.wikipedia.org...

Levant:

The Levant (/ləˈvænt/), also known as the Eastern Mediterranean, is a geographic and cultural region consisting of the "eastern Mediterranean littoral between Anatolia and Egypt".[2] The Levant today consists of Cyprus, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, and part of southern Turkey (the former Aleppo Vilayet).

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyone keeping up with the muslim exodus from the ME to Europe, and North America ?

That is NOT playing semantics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join