It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

"I can confirm that U.S. military and partner nation forces are undertaking military action against ISIL [ISIS] terrorists in Syria using a mix of fighter, bomber and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles," Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby said. "Given that these operations are ongoing, we are not in a position to provide additional details at this time. The decision to conduct theses strikes was made earlier today by the U.S. Central Command commander under authorization granted him by the commander in chief. We will provide more details later as operationally appropriate."

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

Looks like it's getting started! I just got an update from the CNN App and NYTimes App on my phone, but this was the only link I could find.

Let's hope all goes well with these operations, things are going to rapidly escalate from here, I believe!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Wasn't France bombing them yesterday? Everyones going after these people...ok not everyone but still lol.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So now we are Assads airforce.

Not too long ago the US was 'mad' about Assad using wmds.

Going to be interesting how this all turns out.

God only knows what the reprecussions are going to be.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

In My Opinion this is just gonna create another ISIS or Al Queda. All bombing people does is create hate, and grow more "Terrorist", because to them America is the Terrorist. Especially when these bombings kill ordinary citizens. The sons, and daughters of those Citizens grow up with hatred for the people who killed their father, mother, brother, grandma, etc. This seems to be an endless cycle that just keeps the War going, and the only one that this helps is the people who make money creating and selling military gear to the Military. I understand that the government has to do something, but they better be precise, they better just kill the bad guys, or they are just growing more of them.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It is odd how quickly we can forget the past when we decide to take down an enemy that is politically more convenient...

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Royal76

In My Opinion this is just gonna create another ISIS or Al Queda. All bombing people does is create hate, and grow more "Terrorist", because to them America is the Terrorist. Especially when these bombings kill ordinary citizens. The sons, and daughters of those Citizens grow up with hatred for the people who killed their father, mother, brother, grandma, etc. This seems to be an endless cycle that just keeps the War going, and the only one that this helps is the people who make money creating and selling military gear to the Military. I understand that the government has to do something, but they better be precise, they better just kill the bad guys, or they are just growing more of them.

That argument is old and worn out, this time the region is under total control of the enemy, any people alive there have sworn allegiance to the Caliphate or they are already dead with their heads on pikes or buried alive in the sand somewhere.

Bombs away

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The enemy of my enemy is my friend....

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I feel like we were goaded into doing exactly what they want. Sure, we may kill off a certain percentage, but I have a feeling those numbers will be replaced and eclipsed in short order by new recruits incited to action by a bombing campaign.

Terrorists are such a pain. Hide among the people and keep poking until a response is necessary, which turns the people against the responding nations. Supply people who want to resist them, and it bites us in the ass too.

Can some other countries take a lead role for once?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

That argument is old and worn out, this time the region is under total control of the enemy, any people alive there have sworn allegiance to the Caliphate or they are already dead with their heads on pikes or buried alive in the sand somewhere.

Bombs away

I agree with you.

Have you seen the numbers for refugees being driven out by ISIS? We may alienate some, but we're far more likely to be welcomed by the majority. This ISIS scum seems a lot more hated by the locals than Al-Qaeda was.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So now we are Assads air force.

Oh, is that by agreement? I am sure he sees it differently.

Nice announcement, though. Like damn, now we have to blow up another country.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

It is odd how quickly we can forget the past when we decide to take down an enemy that is politically more convenient...

Not odd.

Just par for the course when the village idiots run this country.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Great...

When will the fools running this country finally bring our troops home and let the ME deal with their own problems? I'm tired of paying taxes for death.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Bombs away

I agree with you.

Have you seen the numbers for refugees being driven out by ISIS? We may alienate some, but we're far more likely to be welcomed by the majority. This ISIS scum seems a lot more hated by the locals than Al-Qaeda was.

Yeah, and the children cannot be turned against us by us bombing, they are all, every last little one of them, in jihadi schools learning to kill us, no math or science just jihad.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So now we are Assads air force.

Oh, is that by agreement? I am sure he sees it differently.

Nice announcement, though. Like damn, now we have to blow up another country.

Haven't been paying attention ?

Syria has been blowing up for over 2 years.

Over 190,000 civilians have been killed.

cir.ca...

link   
I guess we are getting confirmation from a pentagon official… (23 minutes ago)

ABC

"I can confirm that U.S. military and partner nation forces are undertaking military action against ISIL [ISIS] terrorists in Syria using a mix of fighter, bomber and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles," Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby said.

Tomahawks. Millions of dollar whiz bag against pick up trucks… yah sure.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks wont be hitting the FSA think again.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Interesting to see What Russia and Iran's response will be to this flagrant violation of international law,and against an ally nation
definitely a big poke at the bear
This could get ugly

edit on 22-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: intrptr

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks wont be hitting the FSA think again.

They are hitting ISIL not FSA, the FSA are in the Saudi desert training camps with all the resources the US House and Senate appropriated for them to go fight ISIL.

What planet are you on?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Haven't been paying attention ?

Syria has been blowing up for over 2 years.

Yah, I heard Assad has been winning. No boots on ground… just bombs. You and me both know why we are going into Syria. To take out Assads military infrastructure, not the "rebels'. Its a Libya style connivance to help the insurgents (call them whatever you want to). After all the insurgency can't hope to win without air support.

They been trying for over three years by the way, not two.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Interesting to see What Russia and Iran's response will be to this flagrant violation of international law,esp against an ally nation
This could get ugly fast

What are they going to do? Issue a protest statement on RT? They cannot project any force into the theater. Besides Putin got his Crimea and Iran is getting a Nuke concession, they all got what they really want already. They are probably sipping cognac and watching the show.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join