It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Just a quick question what the hell is Cameron doing all we've had from him is hot air so far.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Politics. With the Scottish vote on and one of the Yes campaign tactics was to complain about "illegal wars" etc, he couldn't be seen to launch another with the vote as close as it was. You will see UK jets in action either today or tomorrow though. You don't use the aircraft we sent there for rec, they are ground attack (the Tornados)

That's what I think anyway

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: imitator

Is this a joke.... bombing ISIS? We have gangs in Chicago and Detroit that are more dangerous than ISIS..... ?

Are you kidding? Those gangs would love a chance to get a crack at these assholes. Why not enlist them? It's called "likely resource allocation".

No jokel... they probably love to street tag ISIS American armor!
A likely resource allocation would be the money that our gangs make from crack coc aine

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Whatever the reward, in a populated city, no one would be be more capable than those that know warfare in the street. Sad but true, we have resources that are untapped for # like this.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: khnum

Politics. With the Scottish vote on and one of the Yes campaign tactics was to complain about "illegal wars" etc, he couldn't be seen to launch another with the vote as close as it was. You will see UK jets in action either today or tomorrow though. You don't use the aircraft we sent there for rec, they are ground attack (the Tornados)

That's what I think anyway

So, having got the Scottish vote out of the way, Cameron is free again to concentrate on an illegal war after all.

You make it sound like the Scottish Independence "yes" supporters being against illegal wars, and wanting to uphold international law, is somehow a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Only because you've read it that way. All I did was answer a question. Don't put words in my mouth.

With the vote as close as it was, he could hardly embark on a military venture when the other side was playing the anti - war card, regardless of legality or what have you.

edit on 23/9/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Put words in your mouth?
That really came across as a it of a snide remark, seeming to mock the Scottish people for some apparent objection to an illegal war. That is something to be proud of, not mocked and derided as some political stunt.

If our involvement was all above board and legal, Cameron would have had the bombers in the air whatever the situation with the Scottish vote.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Interesting to see What Russia and Iran's response will be to this flagrant violation of international law,and against an ally nation
definitely a big poke at the bear
This could get ugly

Exactly ..... Russia warned the west about bombing raids inside Syria. So lets see what he does.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I found this video for airstrike update..but i am not sure is that fake or original..

Although there was no shock and awe, the bombing air strikes opened up a return for America into what may very well be a generational involvement in war. ISIS was sent a clear message when waves of a small coalition of American and Arab airplanes bombed approximately 20 targets as ship-based Tomahawk missiles were also launched into the Syrian city

www.examiner.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
From ITV.com:

Eight civilians, including three children, have been killed in US-led air strikes targeting IS fighters in Syria, Reuters reported.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

i'd like to add the following to this discussion.

ISIS is an idea.
we have to destroy the idea. once we do that, peaceful negotiations can be had.

ideas aren't destroyed by carpet bombing cities,
ideas aren't destroyed by blowing up bridges or killing civilians.

military intervention should always be a last resort to solving problems and only in most dire of circumstances. seems we all forgot this simple concept.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The U.S. and five Arab countries launched airstrikes on Islamic State group targets in eastern Syria, and the U.S. undertook a separate, unilateral air attack on what it called an al-Qaida affiliate elsewhere in Syria.

Hahahaha, oh that's rich. I swear these people get their ideas from reading conspiracy theory predictions. I mean, how else could....never mind.

"Al-Qaida affiliate" that's the same doublespeak as "senior official spoke under condition of anonymity".

The real question here is; will Damascus fall? And more pointed; can Armageddon be manufactured or is humanity really that stupid?

I suppose we'll know soon enough.

Source

Its interesting to note suddenly the context of "The Hidden Hand" thread and its message. The fact that certain bloodlines who control geopolitics seem to be marching headlong into an event forewarned, almost as if they know something "we" don't. I mean why else would you go out of your way to make these things happen?
edit on 23-9-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Israeli back is cover right now, look at them:
Israel downs Syrian fighter jet over Golan Heights

Commenting on the incident, Defence Minister Moshe Ya’alon, said that the Syrian warplane had “approached Israeli territory in the Golan Heights in a threatening manner, and even crossed the border.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the warplane had been bombing areas outside Quneitra, a Syrian town near the Israeli-held side of the frontier, at the time it was shot down.

The decision to down the aircraft was taken after it had spent 1 minute and 20 seconds in Israeli airspace..

source
hurray Israeli cowards!!

It is the first time since the 1980s that the Israeli military is known to have shot down a Syrian plane although Syria's civil war has threatened to spill over the border(..)

edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Russian Foreign Ministry said Tuesday:

Moscow has repeatedly warned that those who initiated one-sided military scenarios bear full international legal responsibility for the consequences.

Attempts to pursue own geopolitical goals through violating the sovereignty of other states only escalates tensions and aggravates the situation even further,

US Airstrikes on Militants in Syria Only Destabilize Situation: Moscow

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

One way or another, these Groups such as 'Hamas' 'ISIS' 'Al-Shabaab' 'Al-Queda' need to be wiped from the map or we will never see peace.

having said that, i also hope they take out 'Assad' as he has also used wmd's against Civilians in Palestine.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Assad has used WMD against civilians in Palestine?

Source please

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Looks like it's getting started! I just got an update from the CNN App and NYTimes App on my phone, but this was the only link I could find.

Let's hope all goes well with these operations, things are going to rapidly escalate from here, I believe!

Well I believe this entire fiasco was fabricated for the sole reason of 'escalation', so yes things are going to escalate from here..

Let's face it, the USA have been looking for an excuse to get into Syria for ages, it's second to last on their hit list before Iran.

So they spawned Al-Qaeda using paid agents as an excuse to serve their 'War on terror'' and now.. ISIS/ ISIL whom literally came into the spotlight only 'oh so recently' as an excuse for them to launch operation inside Syria.

They are masking their underlying motives which is to get into Syria by any means necessary (all previous attempts have failed if you remember the USA/RUSSIA/SYRIA arms conflict a few months back),.. and now that they have made it into Syria (even if its just airstrikes) they can expand operations as they see fit in-line with their agenda JUST like they did with Iraq... @Iraq - it will only be two weeks they said, we'll be in and out they said... sure 10 years later...

It's typical USA geopolitical stratagem using stealthy political maneuvers - creating a legitimately viable reason to get militarily involved with a nation your interested in (cue ISIS), and expand operations militarily.. why? because its a military threat and people can get hurt. Same way you plant a bomb in a bank and tell everyone to evacuate --> misdirection --> roll on bomb disposal nobody get in their way.

All of this is painstakingly obvious it's hilarious, just open your eye's and take your memory back to before 2001, when Islamic extremist terrorism barely even existed...

Every Agenda needs a cause, and damn good PR. USA have all the tools and they play the game effortlessly, now they are seen as the saviors protecting the world from a threat (ISIS) that they themselves put there.

It's not a coincidence that ISIS turned up across Iraq and Syria, and not some other Arab nation like Egypt, where America have no interest.

This is all bull and the S-WILL-HTF very soon, mark my words.

The gates to hell have been opened in the middle east.
edit on 23-9-2014 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2014 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Going from the link about the Syrian plane shot down in the Guardian it says this

"The regime of Syria’s President Bashir al-Assad has recently been fighting al-Qaida-linked groups around the Quneitra border crossing"

The Syrian observatory for human rights spokesperson who lives in Coventry can run back to his family business selling clothes just down the road rather than be used to deceive again

The Syrian presidents forces are fighting al-Qaida linked groups in that area, you know the bad guys!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Well, if this report is anything to go by (but beware, there are some gory vids included)

news.vice.com...

Syrian government forces killed 42 people in airstrikes on a rebel stronghold on the outskirts of Damascus, local activists reported.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported that seven children died in the attacks, which took place on Thursday in Douma, a suburb around six miles from the capital that has been surrounded by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces since mid-2013. The UK-based Observatory, which gathers information from a network of activists on the ground, said the death toll was expected to rise because some of the dozens of casualties were critically wounded.

I have to admit to not being sure if the footage is real or faked... its hard to tell these days... you have to watch the vids on the page unless you sign in to youtube and verify your age. Besides, not sure I'll get my post removed for providing video footage with gore.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

We didn't forget the concept. But wouldn't you say it's fair that sometimes to destroy an idea, you need to weaken those who support it?

If a group of people maintain an ideology and are rolling through neighborhoods ruthlessly killing everyone, who is going to stand up to them?

Words aren't always mightier than the sword.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join