It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Reports of residents in Raqqa saying the airstrikes are ineffective, ISIS evacuated the area a few days ago.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
CNN showing video recorded from a US Navy ship showing the launching, and extent, of tomahawk missiles from sea.

Definitely chilling and surreal to watch.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Pentagon says strikes on Khorasan were to disrupt attack plans against the US. Allegedly, group was in "final plans" of attacks against the United State homeland.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Turn to CNN (or another MSM) quickly! The Pentagon is showing pictures of before/after shots of targets, showing how precise their attacks were on taking out ONLY the intended targets with minimal collateral damage.

Really is quite impressive.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Tomahawks. Millions of dollar whiz bag against pick up trucks… yah sure.

That was my thought, do we really need to use million dollar missiles on these punks since they have no real air defense.

Waste of money when the air is already ours anyway. The Syrians are not dumb enough to challenge our planes. Especially when we are doing them a favor. Not that they will be able to see our planes anyway. We jam everything to blind them just in case they are stupid enough to engage any planes.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Patriotsrevenge because: Seriously, ATS fix your quote system!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
Turn to CNN (or another MSM) quickly! The Pentagon is showing pictures of before/after shots of targets, showing how precise their attacks were on taking out ONLY the intended targets with minimal collateral damage.

Really is quite impressive.

minimal collateral damage

The usual lies from the Pentagon, the ISIS weren't even there.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
Hail USA!!!
Kill those ISSIssssSS.

In 20st we had Germany in 21st we have the USA. Thank god i m in Europe so they cant bomb me.

Hail US? what the frack? do you have an war mongering mind set? i cant believe the propaganda of the ISIS and the march of war has being effective.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: voyger2
Didn't Obama just compared Assad to ISIS? if true i am rather speechless. The Syrian Arab Army have being two enemies in one nail.

source
Yes He Did!!

we will move forward with our plan (..) to ramp up our effort to train and equip the Syrian opposition, who are the best counterweight to Isil and the Assad regime.
(..)
To take out terrorist targets, to train and equip Iraqi and Syrian opposition fighters

Claiming Assad is a terrorist and support the opposition against him, in sovereign country, is not fighting for the security of entire world. It's the opposite.

I wonder why they didn't do this in Cameroon, Niger and Chad (Free your girls, remember?) Boko Haram ... Wait Oil/GAS (no!) important for Israeli expansion/theft (no!), etc...
edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In response to a question about whether or not we hit any ISIS Leaders, Pentagon says they did not hit, or even target, individual ISIS leaders; they focused solely on infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Pentagon official saying that Syrian radar was "passive", implying that they were not actively attempting to track our planes.

Seems like Syrian military was not in possession of prior knowledge of the strikes, but seemed to quickly realize to not get involved.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Pentagon Official says what we are seeing is the start of an extended campaign, and that we can expect attacks like this in the future. Won't give timetable as to when.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
US Space Command can count the hairs on their knuckles.
UAV's with remote sensing can determine what they've eaten
and whether their sandals are fastened.
Destroying Safe Havens is part of the job.
Until there are none to retreat too.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Reports of residents in Raqqa saying the airstrikes are ineffective, ISIS evacuated the area a few days ago.

Yeah the U.S. has a seriously problem with announcing what we are going to do for days and months in advance.

Not that we can not watch were they move to but dam, if we wanted one guy like Saddam or Bin-laden we would never get him.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Lieutenant General William Mayville in a briefing on U.S. military operations in Syria at the Pentagon

Right now the task at hand is countering Isil, that’s job one.

Job two.. let me guess.. Throw Assad from power.

Job three.. let me guess.. implement New US puppet regime.

Job four.. give land to the israelis...
edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

According to a military source, the U.S. Air Force killed over 60 members of ISIS around 4:30 A.M. Damascus Time, when a Tomahawk Cruise Missile struck the Tabqa National Hospital and created a large explosion that could be heard from Raqqa City;

Arabian News Source

Seems like the airstrikes did in fact target and kill numerous ISIS operatives, these ones holding out in a hospital.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Dam, did you see how far our Navy ships and subs were away from Syria that were used in this Operation? Talk about no place too far to hit! You would think they would have re-positioned a few ships in the med. I think that is a message to the Russian ships trying to protect Syria.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Sorry for the poor quality. Here's a photo the Pentagon is showing on CNN of a map of their attacks in Syria. I took this with my iPhone, so forgive the awfulness of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Pentagon official saying that Syrian radar was "passive", implying that they were not actively attempting to track our planes.

Seems like Syrian military was not in possession of prior knowledge of the strikes, but seemed to quickly realize to not get involved.

Seeing as they are to Assad benefit he got no reason to stop them.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Lieutenant General William Mayville in a briefing on U.S. military operations in Syria at the Pentagon

Right now the task at hand is countering Isil, that’s job one.

Job two.. let me guess.. Throw Assad from power.

Job three.. let me guess.. implement New US puppet regime.

Job four.. give land to the israelis...

I don't agree with Job 4

Job 4 build new gas line ....

Riouz

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years

"I just got this down from upstairs" -- meaning the Secretary of Defense's office -- "today." And he said, "This is a memo that describes how we're going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran."

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join