It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What is always left unsaid about all of this is, ultimately, who gains from all this "regime change" and warfare in the region. It sure isn't in American interests to be spending, cumulatively, $Trillions in material and many broken lives, so what gives?
The answer of course is that there is only one player out there, somehow absent from a lot of the reporting, that stands to gain anything from this plan of getting rid of Assad, then moving onto Iran, which will surely follow. The same country, if one can really refer to it as such, that has been aiding the "rebels" in Syria from day 1, has been treating their wounded and giving safe haven to them along it's border, and who has just shown yet again it's colours by shooting down a fighter that was engaging those it supports.

Yep, Israel. The ME foreign policy of the USA has, for a very long time, been drawn up by Israel and it's dual-nationals and bought and paid for supporters in the US. The US has absolutely nothing to gain from all this, but has it's marching orders. No amount of denials of this blatantly obvious scheming can really prove to the contrary.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

While what you say isn't necessary wrong, it's definitely as foolish as saying "move along, there's no problem here, it's all a conspiracy."

Isn't it possible, that if the US left the Taliban unchecked, left Al-Qaeda unchecked, left ISIS unchecked, that they would have grown into much larger and much more sophisticated organizations capable of causing more damage?

It's unwise to believe that evil doesn't exist in the world. I guess in your case, I should say it's unwise to believe that America is the only evil in the world.

I'd be thanking my lucky stars that America is the world's super power, not China, Russia, the Middle East, or freaking Venezuela.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: subfab

We didn't forget the concept. But wouldn't you say it's fair that sometimes to destroy an idea, you need to weaken those who support it?

If a group of people maintain an ideology and are rolling through neighborhoods ruthlessly killing everyone, who is going to stand up to them?

Words aren't always mightier than the sword.

you are correct words are not mightier than the sword,unless the words have a big stick standing behind them.

the only peace these people see is the total destruction of those who DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR VERSION OF RELIGION, period.

to those who claim otherwise i task you with this. go meet with these people and remember to state what your beliefs actually are, if you manage to not be killed or kidnapped then we will believe every word you say. but in all reality you have ZERO chance of ever coming back alive

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Billions, if not trillions of dollars that could be put to good use to help the people of the United States, perhaps with things such as free healthcare?

I will never understand throwing money at other countries while your own people are hungry and can't pay for medical care.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

"Al-Qaida affiliate" that's the same doublespeak as "senior official spoke under condition of anonymity".

Or "official sources say"… thanks for exposing the double speak. I am enjoying your input on ATS. This morning I heard a number of "affiliated", moderated rebels are falling under bombs on ground US policy.

Killing the killers. Thanks rebels for all you have done to topple Assad for US. Now you must go, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingAmerica

Ssssshhhhhh! Genie is outta the bottle

I can't help myself..those people look like straight from a SNL spoof.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Musing

I will never understand throwing money at other countries while your own people are hungry and can't pay for medical care.

Cause its not about helping anyone its about enslaving to keep power and money.

squirrel

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: bigx001

go meet with these people and remember to state what your beliefs actually are, if you manage to not be killed or kidnapped then we will believe every word you say. but in all reality you have ZERO chance of ever coming back alive

Yes they hate Americans with a passion. It doesn't matter what any American says to them ever again. The reason isn't "beliefs" either.

Its "bombocracy".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Musing

originally posted by: Musing
a reply to: Britguy

Billions, if not trillions of dollars that could be put to good use to help the people of the United States, perhaps with things such as free healthcare?

You'll never understand it because the guys in charge of spending the countries money are lining the pockets of agenda driven oligarchs, who in return give them money.. and so WE are left out of the money circle.. and when your in the money circle you don't care about others outside the money circle because you have tons of money lol

They spend just enough money on the countries population to make everything feel 'okay'. But this standard of 'okay' is getting lower and lower as the money circle goes on and on...

Hence more starving people and more money thrown at other countries which obviously to benefit the money circle
edit on 23-9-2014 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

go meet with these people and remember to state what your beliefs actually are, if you manage to not be killed or kidnapped then we will believe every word you say. but in all reality you have ZERO chance of ever coming back alive

Yes they hate Americans with a passion. It doesn't matter what any American says to them ever again. The reason isn't "beliefs" either.

Its "bombocracy".

again IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR ITERATION OF RELIGION you will be killed. at no point did i reference nationality. so take your head out of the sand

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

again IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR ITERATION OF RELIGION you will be killed. at no point did i reference nationality. so take your head out of the sand

We are the ones doing the killing my friend, en masse. We have always killed, we will always kill, en masse.

You go right on quoting religion though…

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Iran critical of US-led air strikes

President Hassan Rouhani as saying that the strikes amounted to an attack because they were not approved by the UN or Syria.

The US State department has confirmed that it informed Syria about the attacks, but did not seek Syria’s permission.

Spokeswoman Jen Psaki said:

we warned Syria not to engage US aircraft. We did not request the regime’s permission. We did not coordinate our actions with the Syrian government. We did not provide advance notification to the Syrians at a military level, or give any indication of our timing on specific targets. Secretary Kerry did not send a letter to the Syrian regime.

source

US intentions perfectly clear: We (US) don't need permission to attack. We(US) can do whatever we want where ever we want!

Ridiculous!!

edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2
America's Allies a Nation Allied Coalition of none democratic states have no rights attacking other countries as for the UN, the UN is a joke.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

US only respects UN resolutions / International law if it's on their favor and Hell (with bombs) to those who don't agree with them.

But, if the UN resolutions/opinion/International law is against their interest, well, they don't care, they go head bombing who the Hell they don't like or haves oil/gas.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

While what you say isn't necessary wrong, it's definitely as foolish as saying "move along, there's no problem here, it's all a conspiracy."

Hey, sorry I don't know how you got this angle from what I wrote at all.. I did not imply that 'we should move on, nothing to see here' in any way, I was simply providing an angle on how I believe current events came into fruition and what happens next.

Isn't it possible, that if the US left the Taliban unchecked, left Al-Qaeda unchecked, left ISIS unchecked, that they would have grown into much larger and much more sophisticated organizations capable of causing more damage?

Yes it is, and for all the reasons I mentioned in my original post. I know it sounds too much like a conspiracy, but look at it as a theory, USA put these players (ISIS etc) in the game, and they will have funded them and let them run loose on a violent rampage until the desired goal or events where set into place...

The exception are the Taliban whom were demonized, and never caused issues outside of their nation, so they were never a threat to USA until USA made them a threat to serve their cause.

It's unwise to believe that evil doesn't exist in the world. I guess in your case, I should say it's unwise to believe that America is the only evil in the world.

I feel you are misinterpreting and misunderstanding what I posted, I never said Evil doesn't exist, and I never said America was the only Evil, go back and read what I actually wrote please.

I'd be thanking my lucky stars that America is the world's super power, not China, Russia, the Middle East, or freaking Venezuela.

This is your personal opinion, and one superpower is not any better than the next, previous or any other alternative. This statement is akin to choosing one person to lead over another, both individuals are subject to the human condition and can cause mischief and abandon their duties in different ways, leading to equal levels of destruction to society and humanity.

In fact from the tone of your reply I can see you as being pro-USA.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is AMAZING:

Today Obama statement:

we will move forward with our plan supported by bipartisan majorities in Congress, to ramp up our effort to train and equip the Syrian opposition, who are the best counterweight to Isil and the Assad regime.

Now if someone in the world wakes up and see how the US treat's their own people liberty's, maybe its time to raise founds and support to build an army inside US to knock down the actual government!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Obama:

But we’re going to do what’s necessary to take the fight to this terrorist group. For the security of the country, and the region, and for the entire world.

Claiming Assad is a terrorist and support the opposition against him, in sovereign country, is not fighting for the security of entire world. It's the opposite.

I wonder why they don't do this in Cameroon, Niger and Chad (Free your girls, remember?) Boko Haram ... Wait I think I know, Oil/GAS (no!) important for Israeli expansion/theft (no!), etc...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Alright everybody, I'm back. I thought I'd give an update of over-night escalations before I continue giving live updates.

The United States and several Arab nations rained bombs on ISIS targets in Syria -- the first U.S. military offensive in the war-torn country and a forceful message to the militant group that the U.S. would not stand by idly while it carried out its rampage of terror.
Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan and Qatar all assisted with the operation, the U.S. military said.
The United States also took action -- on its own -- against another terrorist organization, the Khorasan Group, the military said. The group was formed by senior al Qaeda members based in Pakistan who traveled to Syria to direct operations,

CNN Info

Israel's military said Tuesday it shot down a Syrian warplane over the Golan Heights amid what it described as growing tensions in the border area.
According to the Israel Defense Forces, the plane "was identified while attempting to infiltrate Israeli airspace in the Golan Heights."
Israel used a Patriot anti-aircraft missile to bring it down, the IDF said.
Military spokesman Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said the aircraft shot down was a Russian-made Sukhoi-24 and that both the pilot and co-pilot ejected into Syria.
The plane penetrated roughly a kilometer (more than half a mile) into Israeli airspace, he said.

Israel Shoots Down Syrian Plane

So now we have Israel getting mixed in, but against Syria?

The fog of war is setting in, sides are getting blurred in confusing.

Stay tuned everyone!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

Obama is such an NeoCon

to train and equip the Syrian opposition, who are the best counterweight to Isil and the Assad regime.

To Train and equip the Syrian opposition, who are the best counterweight to Isil and the Assad? may i state that Obama and NeoCons are going to fail epically?

Didn't Obama just compared Assad to ISIS? if true i am rather speechless. The Syrian Arab Army have being two enemies in one nail.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hail USA!!!
Kill those ISSIssssSS.

In 20st we had Germany in 21st we have the USA. Thank god i m in Europe so they cant bomb me.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join