It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Reports form a Raqqa news source indicating that ISIS militants are 'arresting' anyone taking pictures with cellphones or cameras of the damage.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Syria Is 7th (Muslim) Country Bombed By 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Winner

That means that Syria becomes the 7th predominantly Muslim country bombed by the 2009 Nobel Peace Laureate – after Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya and Iraq.

The utter lack of interest in what possible legal authority Obama has to bomb Syria is telling indeed: empires bomb who they want, when they want, for whatever reason (indeed, recall that Obama bombed Libya even after Congress explicitly voted against authorization to use force, and very few people seemed to mind that abject act of lawlessness; constitutional constraints are not for warriors and emperors).

(..) what fuels and strengthens anti-American sentiment (and thus anti-American extremism) is exactly what they keep doing: (..) If you know that, then they know that.

If there is anyone who actually believes that the point of all of this is a moral crusade to vanquish the evil-doers of ISIS (as the U.S. fights alongside its close Saudi friends), please read Professor As’ad AbuKhalil’s explanation today of how Syria is a multi-tiered proxy war. As the disastrous Libya “intervention” should conclusively and permanently demonstrate, the U.S. does not bomb countries for humanitarian objectives. Humanitarianism is the pretense, not the purpose.

edit on 23/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Well... people just couldn't wait for the middle eastern countries to fight this. You started this mess, you all will be living with the end of it too.

There was a day in Syria, not long ago under Assad there was freedom there, people were free to practice their own religion, people were safe walking down their own streets.

This was not good for any of you. You all wanted to see the peace of others destroyed, because you listened to the terrorists and funded them, all because you were the lapdogs of Saudia and Israel.

Have fun watching the bombs explode knowing all the blood is on your hands. I wont join you, because I cannot revel in blood.

edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
CNN Reporting that residents in Raqqa saying ISIS has long ago cleared out of target buildings, instead became dispersed throughout streets and residents home. Residents living in fear of showing appreciation for airstrikes.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
CNN: "48 warplanes, 200 bombs and missiles - it is a whole new war against ISIS."

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Reports indicating ISIS has responded by beheading British national Alan Henning in the city of Raqqa as a response to the airstrikes.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Well... people just couldn't wait for the middle eastern countries to fight this. You started this mess, you all will be living with the end of it too.

There was a day in Syria, not long ago under Assad there was freedom there, people were free to practice their own religion, people were safe walking down their own streets.

This was not good for any of you. You all wanted to see the peace of others destroyed, because you listened to the terrorists and funded them, all because you were the lapdogs of Saudia and Israel.

Have fun watching the bombs explode knowing all the blood is on your hands. I wont join you, because I cannot revel in blood.

Wait im sorry whose "YOU" ??? are you referring to EVERYONE in the west?

How did they do this?

They even voted for what they thought was the absolute opposite (Obama) because they thought he WOULDNT do this sort of thing....

Now im no Obama fan but even I can understand people voting for what they thought would be different.......

So blaming a whole nation of civilians because of the nefarious deeds of their gov is a bit asinine dont you think?

im willing to bet you are from a country also involved in this.........so according to your blanket statement, whether you like it or not, blood is on your hands too, whether you deny it or not........

edit on 9/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Screw training FSA.

Around 200,000 kurds have fled syria in the last week ahead of attacks by ISIS.
www.cnn.com...

There is a good chance the US could find 10,000+ fighters from these Kurds to train and they would likely be better fighters and and years from now we will not have to worry about them attacking the US.

Already you have seen the Iraqi Kurds stand up to ISIS.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: all2human
Interesting to see What Russia and Iran's response will be to this flagrant violation of international law,esp against an ally nation
This could get ugly fast

What are they going to do? Issue a protest statement on RT? They cannot project any force into the theater. Besides Putin got his Crimea and Iran is getting a Nuke concession, they all got what they really want already. They are probably sipping cognac and watching the show.

If we were hitting Syrian infrastructure targets with our attacks, I would agree with you but we are hitting his enemies with our attacks. I am more concerned that we are aiding Assad with our attacks but at the moment, he appears to be the lesser of two evils. This comments more on the vileness of ISIS more so than on Assad.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

My argument today is:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
ISIS is a disgusting group. The main responsibility controlling such rabid fanatics is with the Arab countries where these elements are present.

US should make it clear that if ISIS type elements rise and roam from these countries and spread terror around the world, then after effects will come back to hurt the trade and other relations with the Arab world.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
let me know when there are UK boots on the ground as i have a ££ bet on with a mate it will happen before Friday.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
let me know when there are UK boots on the ground as i have a ££ bet on with a mate it will happen before Friday.

I guess UKSF are already on ground.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I guess UKSF are already on ground.

Yeah, i'm betting UK SF Boots have been on the ground for weeks if not months.. just need proof.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ISIS allegedly giving instructions to sleeper-cells in the US now:

ISIS to Sleeper Cells in America: “Rig the roads with explosives for them. Attack their bases. Raid their homes. Cut off their heads. Do not let them feel secure.”

News Source

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Kerry says that Turkey will be taking part in this coalition.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said Tuesday that Turkey, who has been accused repeatedly by Syria of encouraging the formation of ISIS, had pledged to take part in the US-led coalition against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) after release of 49 Turkish hostages.

"Turkey is very much part of this coalition, and Turkey will be very engaged on the frontlines of this effort," Kerry told a global counter-terrorism forum after meeting with Turkish officials.

Arabic News

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

My argument today is:

your "argument" is totally ridiculous...they are killing Kurds, other Arabs, Christians, Syrians, Iraqis, anyone that they feel like killing...Obama waited years for Iraq to get it's s**t together, even in 2014 he was hoping that they would finally stand together as one Iraqi nation and fight off these psychopathic mongrels....but....nope.....they have to moan and bitch about each other about being slighted, or embarrassed, or disrespected. they act like 2 year olds, and when the crap hits the fan, western countries have to come in and bail them out.....by the way...I heard on NPR that the town of Bengazi in Libya, has now become surrounded by a similar group of wanna-be thugs that have checkpoints leading into the town.....
I think the only "government" that the people of middle eastern countries can half way feel "safe" in, is one run by a dictator....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Could this be Russia's response? Russia tests 100,000 troops in 'Vostok 2014" Biggest ever post-Soviet drills

I know they are drills, but seems like more of a pep rally of sorts. Flexing muscle, showing off and prepping troops.

In the meantime, supersonic MiG-31 interceptors successfully practiced the elimination of an attack by low-altitude cruise missiles. President of the Academy of Geopolitical Problems, Konstantin Sivkov, told the RIA Novosti news agency: “The US Air Force has not trained on such tasks, whereas other countries do not possess aircraft that could do anything similar.”

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
ISIS reportedly downed and recovered a US drone during the attacks last night.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join