It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This strategy imo is very dangerous. Just to bomb ISIS without any strategic sense of what to do next if and when they start going crazy and doing extreme things to the people.
What will this coalition do then? They have NO GROUND ARMY IN SIGHT

When ISIL takes out it's wrath on the innocent people under their power.

I fear this is folly and dangerous folly at that.

I support a war against ISIL but by a UN coalition of world forces which would incluse Russia, Iran AND SYRIA.

The US clearly is doing some geo political surreptitious plot since they don’t want to open up this coalition to anybody, not even the Syrian forces or Iran overtly

They want ONLY in this coalition the very countries THAT CREATED ISIS!

That’s like having some policemen who raped a person investigate the rape!

America can’t do anything right because they always follow charity by injury:

They help a man that falls to the pavement but slap him in the face after they lift him up...
and here is worse since they were the ones that knocked him down in the first place.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
Either way, it looks like we broke international law. Though Syria was willing to help, we did not coordinate this attack with their government. We only let them know we were going to bomb them hours before we did.

Syrian ambassador to Russia: US Airstrikes on IS targets uncoordinated with Damascus

MOSCOW, September 23 (RIA Novosti) - The Ambassador of the Syrian Arab Republic in Russia Riyad Haddad denied any coordination with the United States Air Force regarding the US airstrikes against the Islamic State (IS) targets in Syria on Tuesday, but confirmed that Damascus knew of the upcoming operation in advance.

What kind of response can we expect from Russia and Iran?

As per Putin's original declaration, I think the Coalition of the Wilting
is in for a very warm and discouraging welcome to Syria this time.
As described to my knowledge, "Any military action inside Syria.."

To all the people characterized as doomsayers-- your government has
vindicated your position; and soon may push nightmare into reality.
The proxy war works only as long as young Vito's towel around the
six shooter isn't on fire like the politicians' pants.
I think the gloves are going to come off soon in this hockey game.
edit on 23-9-2014 by derfreebie because: That old Arab was right.. and could be prophetic

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Once again the US has down the seeds of its own demise...

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Good so USA has found a new enemy to bomb. The government needs reasons to give out billions of dollars to weapon makers in a situation when the Federal government is deep in debt.

The fear factor increases 'attractiveness' of US dollar as the moneyed of the world change to USD out of fear of impending crisis.

Keeps USD in demand. And allows the US government to print and offload even more of actually worthless currency.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I doubt ISIS will be defeated this way, or that is the intention even. Actually we have no idea who is being bombed. There are generalized reports with very little specifics.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm sure Kerry,McCain and Graham are counting their money and looking forward to bigger cuts of the action once there are US bases in Syria.Meanwhile,The President's handlers and Congress are hoping for the rest of the nation to rally around the government since they are now a "war time"President and Congress.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I think it is worth repeating that history has shown that no amount of violence can stop an ideology, especially one as radical as this.

With the little that I fully know about this threat and our possible involvement with it (in terms of creating it to fulfill the need for the "war machine" and the like), I can only hope that this attempt to "destroy the infrastructure" will not lead to unintended consequences and cause worse things for humanity.

But I know very little, and understand even less than that.

I am repeatedly seeing a mention of the lack of boots on the ground, and I don't quite understand how that is a smart decision. Suppose I will just see how it pans out.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: victor7

well they did manage too down a Syrian Jet,,,

wonder if the Pilot, has been picked up yet??

any word?

They shot down a Saudi jet and a UAE jet. They captured the UAE pilot alive.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Bassam Abu Abdullah, from Syria’s information ministry, said:

- Syria has urged Britain and the west to coordinate attacks on Islamic State militants with Damascus.

- The campaign should involve a broader international coalition including Syria, Russia, China and Iran.

We should approach the question of combating terrorism more comprehensively. It is not [just] a question of air strikes. I mean [tackling] the financial support for these terrorist organizations. Some members of this coalition are involved in supporting terrorism like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey.

is this common sense or what!?
I don't understand why this is not possible... it proves only the lack of credibility for the real intentions on this US+Arabic -petrodollar collation is all about!

source
source2

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The US military has released video footage of the first wave air strikes in Syria:

A compound north-west of Raqqa

A storage facility near Abu Kamal

A vehicle storage area near Abu Kamal

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
- Syria has urged Britain and the west to coordinate attacks on Islamic State militants with Damascus.

I personally agree.

- The campaign should involve a broader international coalition including Syria, Russia, China and Iran.

Outside of Syria and Russia, China and Iran simply do not have the power projection in the region needed at the moment. Maybe if Russia wasn't so busy annexing their neighbors territory they'd have more to offer other than threats which many here seem to fall all over themselves with Putin worship.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kamza
Once again the US has down the seeds of its own demise...

Once again?

Seems like the old gal still has a lot of fight left in her for her being Demonized, demised.

edit on 24-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrJack
I think it is worth repeating that history has shown that no amount of violence can stop an ideology, especially one as radical as this.

Are you referring to ISIS or Western Globalism? One could deduce both as an ideology and both seem to be pretty violent.

* Depending on where ones perspective stands on issues.

I am repeatedly seeing a mention of the lack of boots on the ground, and I don't quite understand how that is a smart decision. Suppose I will just see how it pans out.

Boots on the ground would only increase the amount of violence that you yourself just advised would not help the situation, so which is it then?

"history has shown that no amount of violence can stop an ideology"

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
Outside of Syria and Russia, China and Iran simply do not have the power projection in the region needed at the moment. .

About Russia I agree they shouldn't annex anyone. Now, let's wait for the outcome of the destruction of Assad's - has planned ant stated by Obama, yesterday.

About Iran, why he hasn't the power projection in the region needed at the moment? Can you explain please?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: f4rwest
a reply to: subfab

We didn't forget the concept. But wouldn't you say it's fair that sometimes to destroy an idea, you need to weaken those who support it?

If a group of people maintain an ideology and are rolling through neighborhoods ruthlessly killing everyone, who is going to stand up to them?

Words aren't always mightier than the sword.

a group of people don't just wake up and begin walking through neighborhoods with guns blazing. there are reasons why act the way they do. there are reasons why they are angry. i live on the opposite side of the globe from them. i can only guess. i think we all agree that the main stream media is bias at the very least and corrupt and the most. given that i can't trust with any degree of certainty that what i hear on the radio or the television is true. it is possible the united states is in the wrong here. only time will tell on that.

so once we figure out what happened we can begin to fix the problems. and as global neighbors we can come together on a resolution.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

About Iran, why he hasn't the power projection in the region needed at the moment? Can you explain please?

Supposedly Iran hasn't attacked anybody in a hundred years, Are they suddenly experts at war?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

So, how many countries did Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE attacked that make them experts at war?

Who gave them the expertise to participate in a coordinated war against ISIS, instead of Iran and of course, the most important, Syria?

edit on 24/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

1. Any way you want to look at it. I don't have much of a stance on the issue, just scattered opinions and impressions. Both are horrendous. Big reason I don't wave any country's flag. These things aside, people dying is a tragic thing.

2. More people dying would, again, be a tragic thing. I had no intent on offering a course on combat logistics and planning. You just don't hear about many wars being won only by air support, and I am curious on where this will go without the aforementioned boots on the ground. I imagine there is a plan somewhere, but I don't have the ub3r l33t h4ck3r ski11s to grasp the situation as a lot of you seem to have done so intimately. The ME is something I am still learning about. Feel free to educate me though, as I would sincerely appreciate any insights and facts that you may have.

3. Luxury of being naive aside, I would agree with you saying that both are pretty violent, and both are a ruthless ideology in and of themselves. I feel sad about my country, but I feel even sadder that so many people have died over something so senseless.

Hopefully that answers all of your questions friend

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

So, how many countries did Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE that make them experts at war?

They have had quite a bit of experience not only dealing with issues within their own borders but with coordinated international military actions.

Who gave them the expertise to participate in a coordinated war against ISIS, instead of Iran and of course, the most important, Syria?

Umm, I understand the first part but could you please explain what the second or third parts are supposed to mean? It's early and I'm only on my second cup of coffee.

Those countries you've mentioned other than Syria and Iran have actively participated in other overt actions with each other in the past unlike Iran. Are you implying Iran has experience attacking others outside of their borders? If so, when and how many and whom have they attacked?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrJack

1. Any way you want to look at it. I don't have much of a stance on the issue, just scattered opinions and impressions. Both are horrendous. Big reason I don't wave any country's flag. These things aside, people dying is a tragic thing.

Yes, agreed its tragic and presently ongoing.

2. More people dying would, again, be a tragic thing. I had no intent on offering a course on combat logistics and planning. You just don't hear about many wars being won only by air support, and I am curious on where this will go without the aforementioned boots on the ground. I imagine there is a plan somewhere, but I don't have the ub3r l33t h4ck3r ski11s to grasp the situation as a lot of you seem to have done so intimately. The ME is something I am still learning about. Feel free to educate me though, as I would sincerely appreciate any insights and facts that you may have.

How about those countries with an ISIS infestation taking care of their own problem? They themselves supply their own 'Boots on their own ground' In which case coordinated airstrikes would help them.

3. Luxury of being naive aside, I would agree with you saying that both are pretty violent, and both are a ruthless ideology in and of themselves. I feel sad about my country, but I feel even sadder that so many people have died over something so senseless.

A group of people with a twisted version of Islam going around in the name of Islam taking people's heads off is simply bad Ju-Ju and should be dealt with by all who either oppose their twisting of Islam or those who see it for the barbarism it is. Hopefully both and hopefully it will pull people together for a better understanding.

Now I'm showing my overly optimistic naive wishful thinking...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join