It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

That sure as hell aren't tied to the internet, or outside sources.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
There were 22 targets hit, using 200 munitions, with most being precision guided. The USS Arleigh Burke fired Tomahawk missiles, while F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22 strike aircraft, B-1 bombers, and UAVs hit the remainder of the targets.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

OF COURSE NOT,,,,but the software does need its monthly updates,,or malfunction may happen.

its true ask any XP platform.

or is that, Windoes Milenium?? lol

yup once a month,,and possibly daily IT service,,under stressfull conditions,,,its the Computer Age,,

unless u have Wi-Fi,,
,,no strings attached,

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

any Raptor video released yet?

just curious, declassified,, stuff, not some navy seaman with a iphone and a u tube account,,,Pentagon stuff?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

At which point they get an encrypted drive attached physically. What you can actually access from outside is absolutely useless.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
Either way, it looks like we broke international law. Though Syria was willing to help, we did not coordinate this attack with their government. We only let them know we were going to bomb them hours before we did.

Syrian ambassador to Russia: US Airstrikes on IS targets uncoordinated with Damascus

MOSCOW, September 23 (RIA Novosti) - The Ambassador of the Syrian Arab Republic in Russia Riyad Haddad denied any coordination with the United States Air Force regarding the US airstrikes against the Islamic State (IS) targets in Syria on Tuesday, but confirmed that Damascus knew of the upcoming operation in advance.

What kind of response can we expect from Russia and Iran?

Well, I suppose the Syrians are cool with it, to some degree or another. Probably a little pissed they weren't involved or allowed to help, but they didn't fire any SAM's and from what I can tell, no Suppression & Evasion of Air Defenses (SEAD) by the USAF/ Marines/ Navy occurred. Which to me means that Syria in no way actually wants war with the US. Again, I doubt they are happy with how it went down, but I doubt they are pissed these barbarians were incinerated by US munitions.

That said, I don't really know what targets were hit. Maybe Syrian SAM sites were included? I would hope not though. And if they were, we'd hear all about it from Syria.

Personally I think Russia is going to keep their mouth shut until the battle moves on to killing Syrians. Again, I hope that isn't the US's plan.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There are some pictures from their target area, and I believe one video released do far.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
a reply to: TinfoilTP

u do know that most modern Tanks, jets, artillary pieces,, have wi-Fi or USB Ports,,,right?

u know for easier targeting,,,
,, or not so easy.

That would be on a secure discrete network totally separate from the internet where those geeks parade around on.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
MCRD Parris Island is apparently training a bunch of pure infantry platoons right now (boot camp platoons are normally mixes of infantry and non-infantry).

I assume this is because the "no boots on the ground" claim is BS. They either plan to put boots on the ground, or they expect a SHTF situation that will require a lot of infantry.

I wasn't able to verify this information, but my source is the Marine Corps League (including a general who is well-connected to MCRD PI), so I don't really have any reason to doubt it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I only read the first four pages (that was enough). True, America is not pure and innocent.

It seems that most people in this thread would rather back ISIS.

S_hit like this makes me not want to visit ATS ever again.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
I only read the first four pages (that was enough). True, America is not pure and innocent.

Anti Americanism runs strong on this site, don't let it get you down. Their bias is easily spotted as it runs like a fever, requiring more cowbell. Cowbell always wins.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
So now we are Assads airforce.

Not too long ago the US was 'mad' about Assad using wmds.

Going to be interesting how this all turns out.

God only knows what the reprecussions are going to be.

I don't think so, considering that we are not doing this to help Assad, but are doing it to help Iraq while simultaneously eliminating ISIS. Conspiracy theories aside of course. We cannot get rid of ISIS in Iraq if they have a safe haven in Syria. This is exactly what happened in Afghanistan when fighters would flee to Pakistan. So I agree with the administration that the only logical solution is to go after ISIS in Syria, as Syria is not doing a great job on their own. Now do I think this will eliminate ISIS? Of course not, and I highly doubt any competent military commander would think that either.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS

I think ISIS sleeper cells waking up in the US is a good thing. Arm chair morons that have been chanting for us to go bomb them are about to get a rude awakening. You know how if someone listens to maybe an argument you and a significant other are having and then decide to comment on it, you know how you tell those people to keep "their nose in their own buisness?" Perhaps real chaos, outside of the news, will finally wake up the American population and force us to take back our country from people that make decisions that will eventually affect us.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think the best way to solve this ISIS and AQ type problem would be for both sides West and the fanatics to come to some terms.

AQ was formed mainly to avenge the harsh treatment of Iraqi people in the 1990s which resulted in mass sufferings of tens of millions. But that episode is closed now and Iraqi people have chosen their government in a democratic manner.

US in Afghanistan is soon going to end also. What other problems do fanatics have towards the West?

Regime changes? but then they benefit once a Secular Dictatorial regimes are changed and AQ type parties take to power example: Egypt had Muslim Bortherhood and all sorts of chaos until Secular Dictatorship came back to bring stability.

The Medieval Minds of Middle East should not have any complaints towards the West once US/NATO leaves Afghanistan.

US support for Israel? US does give some aid to Israel and protects them in the UN. That's about it. Israel buys its own weapons and has its own army. US does no fighting or defending for Israel.

That should end all this anger and attacks of terror all round the world.

About time Islamic world focuses on their real problems inside their countries rather than blaming outsiders. That would be mutually beneficial.

edit on 23-9-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
From my perspective, this is but another chapter in the west's and local allies's (Qatar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia) efforts to take out Assad, a client regime of Iran and Russia, such that this axis' power and hegemony over the Middle East grows.

Mark my words, mysteriously Assad's strategic capabilities will somehow be diminished, either directly or not, such that the FSA can finally knock him out. This is exactly how the Libyan regime change was executed.

originally posted by: gatorboi117

"I can confirm that U.S. military and partner nation forces are undertaking military action against ISIL [ISIS] terrorists in Syria using a mix of fighter, bomber and Tomahawk Land Attack Missiles," Pentagon Press Secretary Rear Admiral John Kirby said. "Given that these operations are ongoing, we are not in a position to provide additional details at this time. The decision to conduct theses strikes was made earlier today by the U.S. Central Command commander under authorization granted him by the commander in chief. We will provide more details later as operationally appropriate."

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

Looks like it's getting started! I just got an update from the CNN App and NYTimes App on my phone, but this was the only link I could find.

Let's hope all goes well with these operations, things are going to rapidly escalate from here, I believe!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We are not doing this to help Assad.

In fact, the entire goal of this entire operation is to remove Assad.

The ISIS ordeal is just smoke and mirrors. The West has wanted Assad out for several years.

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus

originally posted by: neo96
So now we are Assads airforce.

Not too long ago the US was 'mad' about Assad using wmds.

Going to be interesting how this all turns out.

God only knows what the reprecussions are going to be.

I don't think so, considering that we are not doing this to help Assad, but are doing it to help Iraq while simultaneously eliminating ISIS. Conspiracy theories aside of course. We cannot get rid of ISIS in Iraq if they have a safe haven in Syria. This is exactly what happened in Afghanistan when fighters would flee to Pakistan. So I agree with the administration that the only logical solution is to go after ISIS in Syria, as Syria is not doing a great job on their own. Now do I think this will eliminate ISIS? Of course not, and I highly doubt any competent military commander would think that either.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Do they even work

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hello Syria, this is America.

Just a word of warning, we are planning to bomb the crap out of your country, but don't interfere - Or we will bomb the crap out of your country.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So, how did this whole "Khorosan" thing come into play? That's a group that literally NEVER existed prior to Monday. And then the leader of Al-Nusra front was killed, and this new group suddenly appears in the media that poses a "bigger" threat than ISIS. What reality is this?

I feel like I'm living in a permanent mushroom trip here.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: neo96

So now we are Assads air force.

Oh, is that by agreement? I am sure he sees it differently.

Nice announcement, though. Like damn, now we have to blow up another country.

According to the BBC

"The Syrian government has not formally consented to the air strikes on its territory. However, it says it was informed about the air strikes before they took place"

Didn't Putin say something about Syria, Air Strikes and the US?

I believe I heard or read a blurb from Putin that paraphrased, implied
that the US or NATO engaging a military action inside Syria would not
be tolerated.
I also believe that left almost no wiggle room for even the craftiest of
Western wordcrafters. Therefore I assume the West will ignore the threat.

It also implies that 'useful idiots' in high places can be a pretty subjective
term... unless you've got a really well stocked, deeply dug mansion-bunker.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join