It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A small minority of right wing fascist neocons run the ME. The 'mob' goes along for the ride.

How do you know the whole of the Middle East isn't leading US by the nose to dash ourselves again and again against the same rocks in a overall ploy to weaken us, bleed us, wear us out until… they all arise as one and throw us the hell out?

I find that strategy much more believable.

So far, we are playing right into it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A small minority of right wing fascist neocons run the ME. The 'mob' goes along for the ride.

How do you know the whole of the Middle East isn't leading US by the nose to dash ourselves again and again against the same rocks in a overall ploy to weaken us, bleed us, wear us out until… they all arise as one and throw us the hell out?

Pick your conspiracy theory.

Russia using the ME to weaken us.

China using the ME to weaken us.

The Sunni, and Shias getting other people to fight their centuries old 'war'.

The answer would very much depend on who you ask.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Syria is the key to Armageddon. We are in for some interesting times kids.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Cool then lets keep doing what we are doing , its working great .

What better way to build alliances than to bomb and kill each others children and family. Surely nobody will want revenge .

What we are doing is unsustainable but being unsustainable is what causes chaos and chaos makes money. Money is whats its about and that is what has gotten us into this mess.

What I'm saying is: if our gov't really wanted to fix the mess in regards to terrorism they are either total idiots or they were looking to make money for the millatary industrial complex (MIC). Looking back the MIC is the only winner and we have gained enemies and hatred among the world by using our existing tactics.

Unfortunately, I agree to a large extent the time for peaceful negotiation has come and gone. However what worries me is that the public does not appear to be learning from our mistakes and they are not looking at the reactions to our actions for long term effects.

edit on 53930America/ChicagoMon, 22 Sep 2014 21:53:55 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So the news is reporting the f-22 was used in the Syria airstrikes.

Guess those morons on capitol hill should not have cancelled it.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Don't forget Israel… strange they are so quiet? This ISIS doesn't threaten their "long time" border with Israel. Gotta be some kind of clue.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneGunMan

I am thinking that way too. I've long said to family and friends keep your eyes on Syria because that's where Damascus is. I brought up my google earth to look at Raqqah and noticed the Euphrates is right there too.

Now saying first time F22 Raptors being used.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I will not comment much here.

I remember when the United States started to bomb a certain country, and it took over sunday nite football.

I wonder if they have figured out, we really can not handle it. War is not for T.V.

I just hope the United States Of America does the right thing for the United States of America, and that they don't do anything otherwise.

That's what piss's us off. We need our government to take care of us first and formust.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Live tweets and videos from inside Syria as US coalition forces start attacks.

Here also is an eerie video, quickly posted by the Syrian activist news agency Step, that purports to show those first strikes over Raqqa.

Link from Source

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: intrptr

Tomahawks. Millions of dollar whiz bag against pick up trucks… yah sure.

You can bet those little with McCain Written on the Tomahawks wont be hitting the FSA think again.

They are hitting ISIL not FSA, the FSA are in the Saudi desert training camps with all the resources the US House and Senate appropriated for them to go fight ISIL.

What planet are you on?

Ah yes the The Saudis i am quite sure the Saudis are very moderate, judging by there recent killings agaisnt gays and Christians in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

with all the resources the US House and Senate appropriated for them to go fight ISIL.

What makes you low minded think the FSA will go fight the ISIS? the FSA arent moderates.

What planet are you on?
A little planet called reality.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The last time America bombed a nation it went into Chaos. And still is. I guess some of Americans probably must of missed of seeing dead bodies on there TV screens.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: intrptr

Pick your conspiracy theory.

The Sunni, and Shias getting other people to fight their centuries old 'war'.

The answer would very much depend on who you ask.

America is using Eastern Europe to weaken Russia and Surround Russia by threatening Russia with missiles near its Border zones.
America is using the Balkans as threat agaisnt Russia while pleasing the Turks for them.
America is using the South East Asian Seas in order to try and weaken China.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The last time America bombed a nation it went into Chaos. And still is. I guess some of Americans probably must of missed of seeing dead bodies on there TV screens.

Syria is already in chaos without us bombing there.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

What are they going to do? Issue a protest statement on RT? [...]

The Russians will just add this to the list of violations of international law by western nations... and use it the next time they want to break the same laws in the same way.
Same # different day.

International law is dead. We ALL are to blame.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
In response to the "America invading the sovereign lands of another country/hypocrisy/etc"...does anybody here actually KNOW whether or not Assad and co. were asked for permission to fly sorties over Syrian airspace?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some back channel intelligencespeak between the US and Syria. Then again, I've no idea. Has anybody heard about this?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
What happens when Obama has no ground forces there to take advantage of this bombing?

What happens when they take it out on the civilians and there is no one to stop them?

This half war imo will not work.

If Obama did the right thing and went about this with the Assad forces then this might have a chance to work.

But my fear is for the civilians over there

God help them!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nobody wanted war with Syria earlier this year so Obama and his gang just waited a few months and did it anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Reports coming in from the area over Twitter. Here's one from "Jihad News", saying 47 civilian deaths in Raqqa alone so far.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
If ISIS, melts
into the Turish Boarder Areas,,,

Can the Coalition,,
bomb those areas of Turkey,,a Nato Country,
or can America Bomb a Nato Country?

crazy.in order too root out the ISIL Leadership?,
or just Drones?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A real leader, not the ignorant and vapid Obama, would have formed an alliance with Syria with a heavy diplomatic and intense effort to mediate that civil war and then form the alliance with Assad so this war could have some REAL ground troops to make it successful.

Obama is an ignorant fool who doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing.

Listening to naive, ignorant and very stupid advisers who have no sense of history just superficial political instincts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join