It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
If they want you, they'll have you, and no amount of legalize BS at the scene is going to stop them from getting you. The law is written to give them an excuse to arrest you for just about anything based solely on their opinion.

That's what mopery laws are FOR. Also, where the distrust begins.

It's not that I distrust them because "I'm up to something", it's because they're capricious and arbitrary, and are encouraged to be that way by the system, with little or no recourse against it, and it attracts jackasses that are encouraged to be even bigger jackasses.

It's a bad combination. I can't believe it is the only way, or the best way. It's just what's happened over time.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
He asked if he was being detained, not if he was free to go.

That applies to a terry stop, not a traffic stop. Different rule for a traffic stop as you agree to certain rules to get a license, you don’t agree to special rules to be a pedestrian.

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I'm a firm believer that a cop's mood shouldn't affect any form of justice or punishment.

Had the driver even behaved remotely like the cop in this footage he would have been arrested, that is telling enough in itself to see that this situation is very wrong.

This goes right to what I just wrote a few posts above...
The public perception of some form of morality that is expected from the police that is not legally required, nor part of the law.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I can handle a mutual disagreement on opinions. And I understand where you're coming from regarding a cop's mood should not dictate how they handle the law. So without further ado, give this man an award...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I'm not talking about morality. I'm talking about set law with set punishments that apply to police and citizens alike, not some thug deciding your fate based on whether or not you've been enough of a grovelling little servant that complies without thought or question.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
“there's hope, going to go home and watch president “CLINTONS” acceptance speech”...

Yeah, I remember how police acted back in the 90's too.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Absolutely love that cop's lazy, Hank-Hill-esque drawling voice. I can't tell if he's an idiot or a genius having fun, either way I got a laugh. Kudos to his patience.

Well, as a British serf with limited knowledge of American road laws I think I would be wise to jump off at this stop, my moral compass can only take me so far. See ya around.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

I can handle a mutual disagreement on opinions. And I understand where you're coming from regarding a cop's mood should not dictate how they handle the law. So without further ado, give this man an award...

Thank you so much for posting that. If there has ever been a legitimate excuse in the history of law enforcement for a LEO to lose his cool, it was that officer in that situation. He handled that far better than he could have. That driver was the epitome of a jerk off. I have a feeling that trooper laughed his butt off all the way home. What a class act. I have a feeling he went very far in his profession, at least I certainly hope so. I also hope that the driver felt like a dick afterwards and eventually apologized although I highly doubt it. He was probably more scared of his wife than he was of the trooper.

Fantastic. Again, a real class act. Fine example of a decent human being.

*edit* Just to say the "bye" at the end was just icing on the cake. Hilarious.
edit on 9/23/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I ran into one of these in upstate new York, sheriffs department and local village pd.

I pulled up in my SUV with my interior lights on, all my windows rolled down, wallet on my lap, said "Hey, hows it going?"
Then I said "So, whats going on here? Whats this all about? You guys checking for anything special or?"

And he said, "Nope. You have a nice night"
And let me go. I think he was thinking "I've got one of them that can see!"

Lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

No... that is a Alpha Male in action!!! The cop dominated and controlled the situation.

I believe the cop senses a lack in social skills from the drivers voice, as he didn't sound to confident in his rights!

edit on 23-9-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
dude u dont even know, cops are crazy in this state. some of the most racist people ive met too. a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon5
The fact is though that the officer didn't write the law, he only is there to enforce it.

However, right after 9/11, it's like state and local LEOs got a free pass to be the jackasses they always wanted to be, and now it's overreact here, overreact there, not do your basic homework before crashing through the wrong door, armored cars, shoot your dog and full auto weapons time.

There's something I'm really surprised I haven't seen happen, frankly.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: FlySolo

Thank you so much for posting that. If there has ever been a legitimate excuse in the history of law enforcement for a LEO to lose his cool, it was that officer in that situation. He handled that far better than he could have. That driver was the epitome of a jerk off. I have a feeling that trooper laughed his butt off all the way home. What a class act. I have a feeling he went very far in his profession, at least I certainly hope so. I also hope that the driver felt like a dick afterwards and eventually apologized although I highly doubt it. He was probably more scared of his wife than he was of the trooper.

Fantastic. Again, a real class act. Fine example of a decent human being.

*edit* Just to say the "bye" at the end was just icing on the cake. Hilarious.

Sadly these are the kind of people cops encounter on a day to day basis. They are human as well. After a while, for some, their patience boils over. No excuse. Just stating a fact of nature.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Personally I think the driver caused the problem.

He didn't even get accused of anything or was otherwise harassed, he just jumped straight in there with "my rights" and started being a smart arse.

Do you understand what it is to be a police officer who has to go to accidents and deal with serious injuries and dead bodies?

They wanted to stop him to do a road safety check to avoid those kinds of situations and what they got was a load of verbal diarrhea from a dick head.

I know this is a conspiracy forum, but when you start seeing an "evil empire" in the making because a guy stops another guy while doing his job for safety reasons (probably to see if he was drunk) then you need your head examining.

What's wrong with just being civil and polite to the officer like a normal human being?

Then it would all have been over in 2 minutes with no drama.

I've been in the same situation myself here in the UK, got pulled over because a light was out, although the officer didn't tell me that at the outset, he asked me if I knew why I'd been pulled over.

I knew I wasn't speeding or doing anything silly, and he admitted his major concern was drinking because of the accidents and carnage it causes, he then showed me the light, but because I'd been alright with him he just let me go on the promise I got it fixed.

What do you think would have happened if I'd started trying to be an arse with him?

The guy in the video is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
All I can say is...Holy Crap!

I was just stopped at an unconstitutional CHECKPOINT in DeKalb, Illinois. This was Illinois State Police conducting the unconstitutional searches. You won’t believe how this just went down! I completely forgot to ask for name and badge number because this guy scared the # out of me. He was not aware that he was being recorded when he ripped my door open. Unbelievable! This kind of misconduct and behavior is not acceptable. This is what happens when you exercise your Constitutional Rights as a law abiding American citizen. Share the hell out of this and make this video go viral!

thefreethoughtproject.com...
I saw this on LiveLeak. I am fully aware of police officers getting out of hand, however, there is nothing wrong with this video. The police officer, imo, acted within his power. In the state of Illinois, you MUST provide your drivers license to any and all law enforcement officers that ask for it.

Driving is not a right (as it does put those driving a death machine in harms way along with other breathing life forms as well). It's the same way here in Florida. The officer could have acted a little more professional but honestly.. how many people (bad people with drugs and weapons) do you think that person encounters on a daily basis..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just to add to my previous post about the reality of life rather than the cosy cocoon of conspiracy theorists who like to sit behind their screens tut tutting at the awful nazi state troopers or other police officers out there....

I actually witnessed a road accident a couple of days ago. It was minor but it quickly escalated.

I was at the pub and sat outside (thanks to the anti smoking lobby) having a fag, when an Asian delivery driver pulled out of an awkward junction at about 5 MPH and hit a car coming down the road at about 30 MPH.

It was just an out and out accident, no one was to blame, the delivery driver had his view obscured by parked cars on a dangerous junction, and the car coming down the hill also had their view obscured of what was going at the junction by the same cars.

No one was injured as a cause of the accident and everything was calm and collected - until shock and the rest set in.

The driver of the car that was hit was a Policeman (he'd joined the force 4 weeks ago) and he lost it totally, he started getting very angry and emotional at the damage to his car, which let's face it was just a dent in a piece of metal - he ended up leaning on his car with his head in his elbows and almost crying.

His passenger after jumping around like a cat on a hot tin roof at the injustice of it all suddenly (after about 15 minutes) went into shock and was shaking like a leaf, laid out on the bench outside the pub.

The delivery driver was perplexed by everything and just wanted to go and deliver the food, but didn't have his insurance docs with him.

It was at this point that the driver of the hit car (the young lad who'd just joined the Police) started getting a bit aggressive and TOLD the delivery driver he wasn't going anywhere because "he couldn't leave an accident until the Police came" (which is wrong, he could have left if he'd exchanged details).

The delivery driver didn't want to piss off his customers by delivering cold food but I convinced him to stay because otherwise he'd have been leaving the scene of an accident and then he'd have been in hot water.

I took control basically. Got the young lad to phone the Police for advice, who also said the delivery driver should stay and dispatched units, it was at this point that the young lad lost it all and couldn't even speak to the Police control woman, so I took over.

Everything was calmed down and going well until the parents of the young lad driver (he'd rung his mum after the crash - that's how young he is) turned up, and his father, an ex-policeman AND the lads mother then proceeded to start threatening the delivery driver, which I also had to defuse while on the phone to the Police.

I don't know if they had been drinking but they were not acting rationally, I had to calm them down so they didn't make the situation 10 times worse.

And no one had even been hurt!

THEN I noticed that the passenger in the hit car had gone into shock, he was shaking like a sh*tt*ng dog, and so I relayed this info to the Police controller who sent an ambulance.

Anyway to cut a long story shorter there was I minding my own business and a nothing accident occurred.

And it could have easily escalated into a massive problem very quickly from nothing.

This is what cops have to deal with every single day, and that was just a nothing accident - imagine going to a major accident with bodies and carnage and all of the shock and horror and anger and everything else it entails...

And some people want to moan that the cops stopped them because it might stop an accident from happening.

Who exactly would the dick in the car in the OPs video have called if he WAS in an accident, or his house was being burgled, or he was being assaulted, etc.

There's just no need.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The government does not grant "permission" for anything. We do not require permission from the government for ANYTHING.

We grant them authority to enforce what we deem is within their authority to enforce. People need to get away from this idea that government grants us anything. We grant the government, and give them ANY authority that they have.

Our very first document describes that the government only exists with the consent of the governed and what you are describing is exactly why the revolution from King George occurred and why this government even exists.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I often wonder;
on a road getting pulled over,

that's not the same thing as a court of law?
Dialogue is often street language, conduct unbecoming; fault belongs to both parties. For the courts to sort it out.

maybe in a court of law we are presumed to be innocent, but while we are on a city street...

Drawing attention to oneself; is not the same as getting molested.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Goes to show, if you ever wanna talk crap to someone. Do it politely and professional, just like how the pro's do it un-professionally.

Maybe they should bring up the required grade average.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 31Bravo

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
All I can say is...Holy Crap!

I was just stopped at an unconstitutional CHECKPOINT in DeKalb, Illinois. This was Illinois State Police conducting the unconstitutional searches. You won’t believe how this just went down! I completely forgot to ask for name and badge number because this guy scared the # out of me. He was not aware that he was being recorded when he ripped my door open. Unbelievable! This kind of misconduct and behavior is not acceptable. This is what happens when you exercise your Constitutional Rights as a law abiding American citizen. Share the hell out of this and make this video go viral!

thefreethoughtproject.com...
I saw this on LiveLeak. I am fully aware of police officers getting out of hand, however, there is nothing wrong with this video. The police officer, imo, acted within his power. In the state of Illinois, you MUST provide your drivers license to any and all law enforcement officers that ask for it.

Driving is not a right (as it does put those driving a death machine in harms way along with other breathing life forms as well). It's the same way here in Florida. The officer could have acted a little more professional but honestly.. how many people (bad people with drugs and weapons) do you think that person encounters on a daily basis..

I dont care how many "wrong uns" he deals with on a daily basis. Maybe if the police did a better job and people werent so poor then there wouldnt be so much crime in the first place for that jumped up prick to deal with.
I wonder with your same logic that it would be okay for a black person who has been constantly pulled over their whole life by the police would be justified in getting mad at the racist cops who keep harrassing him?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
a reply to: Helious

I often wonder;
on a road getting pulled over,

that's not the same thing as a court of law?
Dialogue is often street language, conduct unbecoming; fault belongs to both parties. For the courts to sort it out.

maybe in a court of law we are presumed to be innocent, but while we are on a city street...

Drawing attention to oneself; is not the same as getting molested.

No, innocent until proven guilty is from the very beginning.
Thats why the police need cause to be able to search you.
Otherwise it would be okay for the police to be judge, jury and executioner, which in some cases they already seem to be.
Doesnt mean its right or legal, just means enough dumbasses who dont know their ass from their elbow will roll over and capitulate, making these illegalities seem "normal".
Just like the IRS.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join