It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Bedlam

So you are just COMPLETELY confused. What you linked was an illegal search. Opening a door is not an illegal search, especially if the occupant of the car is not complying with an officer's request. (ESPECIALLY if your door is unlocked).

Multiple court cases say you're wrong. If the officer's not doing one of those actions he has the authority to do, and he didn't.

And what does being arrested have to do with anything? An officer can order your onto the ground outside your vehicle and you have to comply...

Correct! And that's one of the things I mention. Did he? No. Which sort of puts 'paid' to "I entered his vehicle for officer safety"

An officer can open your car door, drag you out of the car, handcuff you and then decide not to arrest you. It is perfectly legal, though unethical at times. An Officer could get punishment after the fact, but legally you can't disobey a reasonable request of an officer.

This is either shifting the goalposts or a strawman...could be either. Hell, if the guy had a pistol, the cop could shoot him, and if my granny had wheels, she'd be a wagon...but what happened is that the officer was obviously NOT worried about his safety, nor was he effecting an arrest, he was just entering the guy's car for no reason other than to get some spit in his face and scare him.

I think a lot of people in this thread who keep calling on the 4th amendment don't realize this has ALREADY gone to the courts who uphold the constitution, and they don't agree with you/us.

And here's another gp/sm argument. If you want to take the time to read it, I have never said that a road stop is a 4th violation. However, entering the guy's auto has been upheld as one. IF that entry wasn't for some valid police procedure. Which this was not.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So you are just COMPLETELY confused. What you linked was an illegal search. Opening a door is not an illegal search, especially if the occupant of the car is not complying with an officer's request. (ESPECIALLY if your door is unlocked).

Multiple court cases say you're wrong. If the officer's not doing one of those actions he has the authority to do, and he didn't.

And what does being arrested have to do with anything? An officer can order your onto the ground outside your vehicle and you have to comply...

Correct! And that's one of the things I mention. Did he? No. Which sort of puts 'paid' to "I entered his vehicle for officer safety"

An officer can open your car door, drag you out of the car, handcuff you and then decide not to arrest you. It is perfectly legal, though unethical at times. An Officer could get punishment after the fact, but legally you can't disobey a reasonable request of an officer.

This is either shifting the goalposts or a strawman...could be either. Hell, if the guy had a pistol, the cop could shoot him, and if my granny had wheels, she'd be a wagon...but what happened is that the officer was obviously NOT worried about his safety, nor was he effecting an arrest, he was just entering the guy's car for no reason other than to get some spit in his face and scare him.

I think a lot of people in this thread who keep calling on the 4th amendment don't realize this has ALREADY gone to the courts who uphold the constitution, and they don't agree with you/us.

And here's another gp/sm argument. If you want to take the time to read it, I have never said that a road stop is a 4th violation. However, entering the guy's auto has been upheld as one. IF that entry wasn't for some valid police procedure. Which this was not.

Ok, like I did with the MS cop who thought he could force ID under Terry in the state of MS (where'd you go, guy? Find out you were wrong? WHOOPS), let's reframe the thing. "I believe a cop can enter your vehicle whenever he wants to, outside the obvious ones such as seeing a weapon in the car or when arresting an occupant because..."

Now, finish the statement. And maybe show me some times that a LEO can just go through your car at will other than a clear law enforcement action that the courts have upheld. I'll wait. Remember, the metric here is generally "reasonable man", would a reasonable man think that the officer in the video is doing this for officer safety? That answer would be 'no'.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Again you are wrong. If you don't comply with an officers request he can pull you from the car. The driver was not complying with the request. An officer doesn't have to fear for his safety to make someone exit a vehicle. The driver in the OP was ordered out of the car and he didn't comply.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Again you are wrong. If you don't comply with an officers request he can pull you from the car. The driver was not complying with the request. An officer doesn't have to fear for his safety to make someone exit a vehicle. The driver in the OP was ordered out of the car and he didn't comply.

Was he? I must have missed that part. The officer just opened the door and started screaming. If he ordered him out, how come he never got out of the car? That wasn't an attempt to 'make him exit the vehicle', which actually would have been legitimate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Now see, you are making stuff up.
At which point was the guy asked to exit his vehicle?

Your credibility has just vanished. Well done.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

As soon as the door flung open

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

As soon as the door flung open

Yes, so he did.
And my credibility of observational skills went out with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I really hate this , This guy has issues and shouldn't be a cop. It's sad that the system works this way

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Did you watch the video? He very loudly tells the driver to exit the vehicle as he's opening the door, but that wasn't even until the driver wasn't providing his ID and proof of insurance. The driver obviously thought he didn't have to because he was unfamiliar with the laws of IL.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It seems a lot of people went into this video anti cop, hence why you selectively heard what you wanted to.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

It seems a lot of people went into this video anti cop, hence why you selectively heard what you wanted to.

I would like to point out one thing very clearly. I AM NOT ANTI COP IN ANY WAY.
I am however anti corruption, anti bully & anti abuse of power.
I am very much anti dick head, which the stupid cop in this video was very much a dick head, and the driver was also a bit of a dick head.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I agree, they both were dick heads, but the driver was a dick head first.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

ROFL

The officer that opened the door with him reminds me of my brother. " Driving is priviledge [sic] not a right....I'm not going to sit here and debate with you". That is exactly how he acts. My brother is a correctional officer. Very spoken like that officer, even with family. Don't dare try to have debate or conversation with him. He will win everytime, because no one wants to hear him speak anymore. Reminds me of my vacation this week. HAHA J*** took my fifty bucks too.

LOL

In all fairness, this guy asked for trouble.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

a reply to: eNaR

Exactly, all he did was prove that he has no idea what the laws are in his state. The office seemed quite sure and if you do even 5 minutes of research on IL state laws you can find out that the officer was correct and the guy in the car was just a moron who probably watched some stupid "how to act at stops" on infowars...

Those how to act at stops videos are from youtube.

What has infowars got to do with it?

Some people will try and use any excuse to spread crap about Alex Jones. Makes me think that what hes says carries some weight.

No one needs to spread crap about Alex Jones; he does that himself quite well as evidenced in the following interview... Unfortunately his display of [insert politically correct way to say he's fallen off the edge here].. Scrub to 9:40 of the video when he loses it

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I dont care how many "wrong uns" he deals with on a daily basis. Maybe if the police did a better job and people werent so poor then there wouldnt be so much crime in the first place for that jumped up prick to deal with.
I wonder with your same logic that it would be okay for a black person who has been constantly pulled over their whole life by the police would be justified in getting mad at the racist cops who keep harrassing him?

Says the guy/girl who lives in an entirely different country. Your opinion on an American issue is irrelevent. What do you know of our problems besides what can/is loosely spewed on media and ATS? We have the right to bear arms which puts cops in a situation I wouldn't want to be in.

You think you could do a better job then why don't you put on the badge and become the new Sheriff? I'm so sick of all this bad mouthing law enforcement and crying about how they are sour and should listen to your feelings.. stop doing dumb sh*t and you'll be just fine.

They have one of the toughest jobs in the world, on top of that, the average life span of a cop is around 60 yrs of age since the stress they endure is uncomprehendable to you. I'm a fire fighter, and yea, I'm not very fond of cops.. but if you even saw half of the things I see you wouldn't say a word. Use your brain.

It is obvious you are biased against law enforcement completey and that blinds your judgement on what is law AND common sense. So if you're not going to do something about it and become that model law enforcement official and set the example instead of crying about somebody getting their feelings hurt then give your cop hating posts a break.
edit on 1-10-2014 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 31Bravo

They have one of the toughest jobs in the world, on top of that, the average life span of a cop is around 60 yrs of age since the stress they endure is uncomprehendable to you..

why do you think so many want to enter a job that is one of the toughest in the world? why do they wat to enter a job where their life span will be short?
it is certainly not for the money cause they dont get paid that much.

that leaves people that really want to protect and serve. want to help people.
and

the people that want to be in a position of power over others..

i really feel that most cops choose the latter.

queenan: do you want to be a cop or appear to be a cop. its an honest question...a lot of people want to appear to be a cop with the gun, badge, the whole thing
dignam: yeah, and a lot of people just want to slam a $%^#*'s head through a plate glass window

^^^^^^its from a movie but it fits

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Perhaps. Or perhaps people desire to be something because of something they experienced during their life. Saying that all cops are inherently evil and power hungry is like saying all black people will inherently steal and become gangsters.

edit on 1-10-2014 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Why do Fire Fighters become Fire Fighters? Your question is ignorant when asked in your context.

Sure, some guys become FF's because they want to be cool and get chics, but the majority want to help and do something good.

Same with LEO's. The Majority want to do good for the community.
edit on 1-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 31Bravo

I dont care how many "wrong uns" he deals with on a daily basis. Maybe if the police did a better job and people werent so poor then there wouldnt be so much crime in the first place for that jumped up prick to deal with.
I wonder with your same logic that it would be okay for a black person who has been constantly pulled over their whole life by the police would be justified in getting mad at the racist cops who keep harrassing him?

Says the guy/girl who lives in an entirely different country. Your opinion on an American issue is irrelevent. What do you know of our problems besides what can/is loosely spewed on media and ATS? We have the right to bear arms which puts cops in a situation I wouldn't want to be in.

You think you could do a better job then why don't you put on the badge and become the new Sheriff? I'm so sick of all this bad mouthing law enforcement and crying about how they are sour and should listen to your feelings.. stop doing dumb sh*t and you'll be just fine.

They have one of the toughest jobs in the world, on top of that, the average life span of a cop is around 60 yrs of age since the stress they endure is uncomprehendable to you. I'm a fire fighter, and yea, I'm not very fond of cops.. but if you even saw half of the things I see you wouldn't say a word. Use your brain.

It is obvious you are biased against law enforcement completey and that blinds your judgement on what is law AND common sense. So if you're not going to do something about it and become that model law enforcement official and set the example instead of crying about somebody getting their feelings hurt then give your cop hating posts a break.

Well my dad is now American. Just because Im in the UK doesnt mean I dont know what Im talking about. My work as a hip hop producer has gained me a great deal of american friends, it has also given me many insights into how the police treat people.

Stop making excuses for corrupt police officers. I greatly respect the work you do, and also the work of the "stressed out" police officers who dont take their issues out on the public. There is no excuse. If you cannot be professional in your job then you shouldnt be in that job, its that simple.

Im just sick and tired of the corruption with no recourse. Im sick of seeing guilty officers going free for murder.
Im sick of the abuses of power, both in the UK and USA and the rest of the world.
If that makes me come across biased, I apologise, but I really dont see how my talking up against corruption makes ME the bad guy. If they police dont like the bad reputation they have, then they shouldnt do every damn thing they can to maintain it. They shouldnt close ranks and cover up for colleagues that have broken the law.

Like I said before, Im not biased against law enforcement, Im biased against corruption, bullying and abuse of power.

If a teenage boy walking home with a bb gun is "dumb #" worthy of his own assassination, then I feel sorry for you.

So I say back to you.... Use your brain.
And with regards to crying and being all emotional, just read your own post back to yourself.
edit on 201410America/Chicago10pm10pmWed, 01 Oct 2014 12:03:52 -05001014 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I learned long ago, that what ever the law, it is not wise to be wise ass with police.
You can get away with stuff, even if your in the wrong, by playing up to the cops ego, and making them feel in control and respected.
All though it is illegal for cops to do certain things, they do them anyway, and you can get your ass kicked and detained, after which you just want out of the huge inconveniences.

Where I'm from and you are clearly guilty of something, DUI etc, all you need do is put 50bucks(not USD), visibly, within you paper work, and the cop will 9 times out of 10 take the money, and let you go, no words involved.
edit on 1-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join