It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ahhh.

Good point.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Thanks for clarifying I misunderstood what you were saying.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Don't look to the new generation for that, they'll just quit coming to work.

That's what does 'em in ... every time. I'll get a gaggle of doctors and nurses, all showing up at the same time, in the same location, and my guy calls in sick. All I've got to do is show any review board the pattern. There's absolutely no sense of responsibility in these new guys. All of those patient appointments that could have been met ...

Anyway, I'm still hiring people of all ages. Hard to get people to look for job opportunities so far from home. It's not like the work is hard. It's just becoming harder and harder to find _reliable_.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The funny thing is he thinks he's right.

Walk a mile in my shoes ... and your entire mindset will change. I'm fairly confident that's not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Ok guy.

try being an amateur and professional fighter for 12 years and let me know what ha think.

edit on 9/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Lol's kids are individuals, some are spoiled rotten and lazy, but then it's always been that way.

I kind of took offense to what you said as my youngest graduated highs school in June, in July he went to work 12hrs a day 7 days a week. He was told the job was 60 days, but when he was asked to stay on a few more weeks for the clean up he did to build his reputation; now he has 3 companies offering him work.

Otoh, I have seen many people come and go from job sites I have worked that should be labeled as unemployable, they just could not grasp the concept of working, that was before the millenials.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Those young whipper snappers couldn't walk a mile in my shoes!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

So these doctors you speak of, aren't going to go to college?

25. We don’t have to go to college to get ahead.

Lol.

Oh and whats this one?

47. We want careers, not jobs.

How are you going to have a career when you won't go to college to get ahead, don't care about perks? In fact wanting a career contradicts so many of the other points!

Yeah, keep on having your self entitled attitude working at maccas while the other Gen Y's without the chip on their shoulder, without the attitude are creating their careers and lives.

Oh I've seen another one..

4. We’re willing to work for nothing if it means being happy… Despite being in debt.

And yet...

39. We learned from our parents mistakes.

You learned from your parents mistakes, by getting into debt..

Oh and speaking of parents, when you become one, this whole philosophy becomes redundant, unless of course you lot will take this attitude to your children...

23. We have that “f*ck you” attitude.

Yep, probably.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

We have the most educated generation on the planet.

Yes the author made some ridiculous points.
edit on 9/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

That's what does 'em in ... every time. I'll get a gaggle of doctors and nurses, all showing up at the same time, in the same location, and my guy calls in sick. All I've got to do is show any review board the pattern.

Out of curiosity, what do you do anyway???

I've been trying to figure out what it could be by your example and all I've come up with is a drug rep. or medical training service or something like that...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: beezzer

In the next few weeks I'll be interviewing and hiring some additional staff for my department.

With attitudes like the ones expressed in the OP, I'm not surprised that the unemployment level is so high.

Remember this thread and drop me a line, beez. You and I are in the same line of work ... on opposite sides of the world. The last guy I hired was the only guy with the paper qualifications to get through screening. He'll be gone in a few months (zero work ethic). I've fired more guys in the last year (6 going on 7) than I have, combined, over the last 30 ... all millenials ... one right after the other.

What a nightmare!!

It's been a real task finding qualified people with a work ethic. Someone who will be at work on time, people that can function without constant supervision.

When did having a work ethic become such a bad thing?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Well thank God for the Nanny State.

The millineals are right. Growing up without the fear of poverty or debt had to be nice. Don't feel like working? Big daddy government will take care of all your needs until you find a job that makes your heart sing and your ass produce rainbows that will rival any that mother nature created.

You don't feeeeel understood or inspired at your current job? Just leave. Big daddy government will help you out until you find a job watching reruns of Bob Ross.

Why the hell would you work at anything less than that study of polish creativity degree, or a cute hipster barista for a summer in Paris (because it was sooooo romantic and you do deserve it) if you didn't ever have to worry about eating? Fall back on those food stamps. They are reliable and a comfort. Be free and just live. Don't worry about a thing. It's all taken care of from birth until death.

There is honor in not depending on anyone but yourself. There is honor in working and paying off your debts. A man (and woman) has little more in this world than honor and his/her word and that seems to be slowly going extinct.

Real life requires you to do things that you don't really want to do sometimes. It's reality. You can't just "Do You" and demand the world change because you don't feel free and your creativity is being smothered.

Suck it up and realize the universe doesn't revolve around your feeeeelings. Find joy where you can, be creative when you can, but be realistic and have realistic expectations. If everybody did exactly what they wanted, when they wanted... this world would implode.

It would be nice if we could all do what we wanted, but we don't live in a fairytale and very few are able to live that way.

There is a gray area between being a slave and being absolutely free. A failure to accept that fact will make your life miserable either way.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

When we grew up watching our parents be miserable and when the family ceased to be more important then the career.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yeah. I would say that corporate America is actually worried about future prospects. Slim pickin's and getting slimmer.
Makes it a bit easier for us old farts to get good work. You know, skill sets and such like. Of course, the foreign kids are presenting a challenge. They're pretty sharp.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

When we grew up watching our parents be miserable and when the family ceased to be more important then the career.

So you find something of value by not having a work ethic?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

No I have plenty of work ethic for three people your missing the point.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

So these doctors you speak of, aren't going to go to college?

25. We don’t have to go to college to get ahead.

Lol.

Oh and whats this one?

47. We want careers, not jobs.

How are you going to have a career when you won't go to college to get ahead, don't care about perks? In fact wanting a career contradicts so many of the other points!

Yeah, keep on having your self entitled attitude working at maccas while the other Gen Y's without the chip on their shoulder, without the attitude are creating their careers and lives.

Oh I've seen another one..

4. We’re willing to work for nothing if it means being happy… Despite being in debt.

And yet...

39. We learned from our parents mistakes.

You learned from your parents mistakes, by getting into debt..

Oh and speaking of parents, when you become one, this whole philosophy becomes redundant, unless of course you lot will take this attitude to your children...

23. We have that “f*ck you” attitude.

Yep, probably.

Yes exactly, all about them, all about what they want, not ONE WORD about how they are going to get it. Because they think just because they want it, they'll get it handed to them.

Work for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

They did the work believing the lies by getting degrees.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

No I have plenty of work ethic for three people your missing the point.

I'm confused then.

So you disagree with the contents of the OP or do you agree with the contents?

Because what I've seen in the contents, it showed a lack of responsibility, a lack of reliability, a lack of work ethics.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Is that what you see in your work place?

Or

Is that what you see in the article?

Not everything authored is right the general idea of the author is that of dissent that's what's really being discussed.

Is what you see always what the truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join