It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

The real world of real consequences is going to squash them like bugs.

Well, there's always mommy and daddy's basement to move back in to. LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

To all their detractors, shut the eff up!!! You've had your chance and you so completely and utterly turned this world into a steaming pile of irradiated garbage. So shut your goddamned mouths and lets let a new generation try. They can't do any worse.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I don't know if we're the greatest by any means but there's going to be a lot of change in the next 20 years.

Humanity is about to reach a breaking point.

We're going to either reach perihelion and descend into darkness or overcome and evolve into an age where technology begins creating itself.

Change is coming.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Have you ever tried to talk to someone and their MIND wanders during NORMAL conversation?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

This is commonplace.

People want to talk about themselves and can no longer engage fruitfully in deeper the. Topical conversations.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

No the NWO WE are afraid of is run by BANKERS. Not progressives they don't know HOW .

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

In the next few weeks I'll be interviewing and hiring some additional staff for my department.

With attitudes like the ones expressed in the OP, I'm not surprised that the unemployment level is so high.

Remember this thread and drop me a line, beez. You and I are in the same line of work ... on opposite sides of the world. The last guy I hired was the only guy with the paper qualifications to get through screening. He'll be gone in a few months (zero work ethic). I've fired more guys in the last year (6 going on 7) than I have, combined, over the last 30 ... all millenials ... one right after the other.

What a nightmare!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

17 doesn't apply to me.

I do have a chip on my shoulder.

But i, ready to fight for what I believe in and it takes some real logic and objective reasoning skills to get me to change my stance.

If you give up easily you won't win with me.

If you resort to emotional responses or attacks I'll simply ignore them.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

You have an inability to see how what you just said is actually confirmation of what the author is talking about in the article.

You do realize that right?

Will that same smug atitude that your portraying in your post be the one that you take when your looking to us for help after everyone is done losing their pensions and hyperinflation sets in in your old age?

Or with the doctors and nurses keeping you alive in your old age?

Or the truck drivers delivering your food?

edit on 9/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Ummm.. Have you payed attention to the last ten years?

We are inundated now with more media trauma based kind control and propaganda then ever with social media television and movies and that's just not my generations that's everyone.

Did you not notice that the economy fell out of the ass of the United states in 2008?

You realize that 40% of my generation is under and unemployeed and can't move out of their homes due to ever increasing cost of inflation with constantly decreasing wages?

Let's not forget that since 1970 we have had 1000% increases in prison population?

But let's keep this discussion going because it seems like a lot of people have misconceptions when it comes to what's actually going on I. This world.

Yes but they feel empowered and able to influence it. Your right about the economy in the US, my take on it is Canada where the "global economic crisis" was more like a 2 year glitch. The oldest of the Millennials are barely in the work force. They are still kids by the new standards here. you don't have kids till your 30-35 here, and a lot of them stay at home till they are close to that age. Obviously there are exceptions. HERE is a graph showing the trend of having children later than in the past. Anyway, they are heading for a reality check in the US, I won't deny but as to whether or not they have invincibility complexes from decades of peace and food on the table, there can be little doubt in my mind. Most of the ones that don't have jobs are living at home with their parents playing Halo and getting high. They don"t give a damn.
I'm kidding

I was born in '80. I was raised pretty old school but a lot of my friends are some of the Millennials. They don't seem to be afraid of much and this new "hipster" things lets them be broke as *ship* and not have any bones about it.
More and more of them have stopped eating meat. That has to cut down on the grocery bill. How convenient... Speaking of convenient, they don't even get drivers licenses anymore. Get this... They BUSS everywhere. I know, Right?

Anyway, what do you meant by "whats going on here..." What do you think is going on here?

edit on 21-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I've fired more guys in the last year (6 going on 7) than I have, combined, over the last 30 ... all millenials ... one right after the other.

What a nightmare!!

Sounds to me like you're looking for a good old fashion Work Horse, Drone/Slave of an employee. Why do you keep trying to find that in the new generation of kids??? Hire yourself someone more in the age range of 40's on up. Or perhaps even in the late 30's. That is where you'll find an employee who will just shut up and take orders and do what you tell them to do without question. Don't look to the new generation for that, they'll just quit coming to work.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm having trouble u dear standing your position clearly. Is English your second language?

The things you mentioned are good.

Less meat is good.

Less oil consumption is good.

Less debt slavery is good.

How are those things bad?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
You see how he proves the point of the author though right?

The funny thing is he thinks he's right.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I'm having trouble u dear standing your position clearly. Is English your second language?

Why would you try and derail your own thread?

That makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
In my opinion (and that's all it is)...that list makes "millennials" sound like petulant, entitled, ignorant brats. I'd rather not be labelled as a arrogant, whining, spoilt child. Besides, what of the generation below us? The brainwashed iAddicts? They're good and proper little sheeple, very well trained. I also think you're underestimating the power of money, unfortunately. In this society, we are ruled by the rich. They'll have their next lot of recruits in line to take their place.

However, I do agree with this part: "We're going to either reach perihelion and descend into darkness or overcome and evolve into an age where technology begins creating itself. "

Sorry if any of that sounded harsh or blunt, just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

So the everybody wins crowd thinks they will change the world and be able to get by doing nothing........YA we will see. From what I see many young people can not even get out of the parents house and build a life. Many get degrees they never use while working part time jobs to get the newest gadget.

This is the progressive mindset hard at work undermining an entire generation. It is failure at it's purest form.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Delete
edit on 21-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The things you mentioned are good.

Less meat is good.

Less oil consumption is good.

Less debt slavery is good.

How are those things bad?

Who said they are bad? I am saying they will adapt fine to the economic climate. They don't have the Jones that older gen grew up with. they live in 350sq' condos and never even considered owning a boat.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm
You see how he proves the point of the author though right?

The funny thing is he thinks he's right.

Yes, I see it. Each generation has their own mindset and they each have their good and bad points to it. In snarls case, whether or not I agree with his way of thinking isn't important, it is what it is.

Mainly, my point to him is that rather than try to get something from those who don't or won't give it, he should be looking for it from those who will. Otherwise it's like looking for water in the desert. Much easier to find water where there is water to be found.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join