It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Like it or not the voter block that voted for the idiots in control are boomers, but they will be all gone in a decade or two, and whether or not you hate them or love them the younger generation will start to take over and hopefully fix what there parents and grand parents have broken.

Oh and the "greatest generation" also accused the boomers of do nothing and all about me.....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Fix what's broken? You mean fixing attitudes of self entitlement, lack of work ethic and not facing responsabilities?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Great reply, I can hardly wait till a millennial entrepreneur ends up hiring other Millennials and sees how all those points in the original post work in real life. People who, just starting adult life out wanting to be on the top without putting forth the effort are going to have life smack all their teeth out. Life rewards those willing to do what the masses won't or can't. There really aren't any shortcuts to success, you have to put forth more effort than others will. Millennials lack that ability for the most part. Keep whining about how screwed your generation is because of other generations, someone will fill the void left by your lack of ambition. Then you can whine about how this new group "stole" your birthright.

Stop whining, Start doing. Till then all you are going to get is laughing at you.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The millennials are gonna save the world?? LOL

Most, NOT ALL, but MOST

-Most of the "millennials" that I know are lazy, have tattoos all over themselves, do not own land or a home, and aren't very intelligent. If anyone changes anything, it will most likely be GENERATION X!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Yes of course, the younger generation have no problems to fix???

Problems with pollution
Problems of wealth inequality
Problems with Massive debt they never asked for
Problems with over reaching government
Problems with the police state
Problems boomers choosing security over freedom
Problems with the War Without End foreign policies.
Problems with race relations
Problems with the military industrial complex
Problems with the prison industrial complex
Problems with the most expensive and a crappy medical industry.
Problems with free trade
Problems for no Good jobs even for college educated

Nice world were leaving for them!!! Idiots

but soon they will all be gone, and this world were leaving for them is so messed up, gee thanks guys!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't see anywhere on that list the following:

We will complain loudly on internet forums when we can't get jobs.
We will complain how unfair the modern world is because we can't get jobs.
We will complain how unfair a company is since they wont hire me because I won't work overnight.
We will complain when my sense of entitlement doesn't get me anything in life.
We will complain how a company is discriminating against me because I have 27 gauge holes in my ears and ink all over my face .
edit on 21-9-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I'm in the gen x

Our Anthem?

or

Will we fix anything or will we blow everything up?
edit on 21-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: onequestion

I support and applaud your enthusiasm and you do make some good points.

However, this whole "Millennials are the more better bestest generation" crap kills the moment.

I've raised two 'Millennials' neither have an over bloated artificially inflated ego and this higher opinion of self as do some.

I don't think there is a "best" generation.

That's a very arrogant position.

If you've noticed most of my responses have been fairly reasonable and non of the have been personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I think a lot depends on the perspective of the situation. I was very old school when it came to work, never late, worked til my job was done, and always stepped up as a team player at my last job. Well my company was having major problems financially and I discovered 2 separate ways to save a lot of money. One way actually completely changed the company allowing for us to make quite a bit. My immediate boss took the idea and gave it to his boss....the big boss then sent it over somewhere else and used it as his idea. Our company had a policy that if you can find ways to save money you can get up to 10% of the profit. I should have had a million bucks by now but instead they claimed it was collectively thought of by us all and no one got the money. Never even heard a thank you. I resigned shortly after. I'm since retired at a young age. I don't make a lot but I make enough to not have to work and Ill never work for someone again. Rather be my own boss. I get the new generation now. You get f*cked with enough and you just don't care about where you work.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I would give you applause if I could. This will have to do.

You have a very good grasp of how to push buttons, start a conversation and then keep it civil.

You ought to look into a job in marketing.
I hear it pays well.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
I don't see anywhere on that list the following:

We will complain loudly on internet forums when we can't get jobs.

Yup, and for whatever else pisses them off!

We will complain how unfair the modern world is because we can't get jobs.

Yes, but they have grown up in this world you created, and they will try to make it better.

We will complain how unfair a company is since they wont hire me because I won't work overnight.

Some will!

We will complain when my sense of entitlement doesn't get me anything in life.

How is there sense of entitlement anymore larger than yours?

We will complain how a company is discriminating against me because I have 27 gauge holes in my ears and ink all over my face .

Humans must conform to our corporate overlords is so baby boomer!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He can't hire from his own generation. They all demand too much pay.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: Ameilia

I'm since retired at a young age. I don't make a lot but I make enough to not have to work and Ill never work for someone again.

Been there, done that. One of the things that many people don't get is if you say you're retired, they automatically assume you are rich/wealthy. This is not the case for most retirees.

They are either to old or hurt to work most jobs or have had it with the system and cashed in what they have. Regardless, they have to budget as well.

While Real Estate agents say that there is a big house movement going on, (How in today's economy I have no idea and think they are lying), the Tiny House movement IS booming. People are downsizing and re-prioritizing as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Weren't you the one who posted a thread basically telling baby boomers to either Die or get out of the way so you could have their jobs because they were obsolete?

Limmie check

Hey baby boomers, die or get out if the way.

Then there was this remark from another thread that basically states Millennial superiority.

originally posted by: onequestion

No we are literally the most educated generation ever on the planet as far as we know.

Really?

edit on 21-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's foolish to compare the education levels. They knew at 10 what you knew at 20.

My kids were using a mouse and the power of a personal computer at 3, can you even compare the amount of knowledge a kid raised using a pc has compared to a child that doesn't?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Yup I post that thread and on the first page I clearly point out that I made the title to draw attention to the thread. Otherwise it probably would have received less attention.

It's not my fault you have to make a play on emotions to get anyone to pay attention to an issue.

We are the most educated generation ever.

You don't like facts?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

There is literally more college graduates now there ever before this is an irrefutable fact supported by statistical data.

There's nothing to debate.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I would give you applause if I could. This will have to do.

You have a very good grasp of how to push buttons, start a conversation and then keep it civil.

You ought to look into a job in marketing.
I hear it pays well.

Thanks for appreciating what I'm actually doing here and I appreciate your ability to see that.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I wonder how smart Millennials would be without electrical power.

(just sayin')

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I wonder how smart Millennials would be without electrical power.

(just sayin')

How smart would any generation be? and what one would die in 30 days without it?

Wanna compare prescription drug use between millennial and boomers? And who dies if the grid breaks down?
edit on 21-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join