It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Source

Well.. I figure why not!

We refuse to adhere to work schedules that don’t work. We refuse to allow the corporate culture to suffocate our creativity. We no longer see adulthood as the end of our childhood, but the beginning of something even more liberating.

We’re not going to hand our souls over to men in suits or women in pencil skirts. We’re not going to work for companies we don’t respect. We’re not going to wake up every morning dreading the 9-to-5. But we’re not going to sit back and sulk either.

Well. For me, I agree, but let's continue....

1. We play by our own rules.

2. We don’t take the first answer given to us.

3. We don’t care about getting into trouble.

4. We’re willing to work for nothing if it means being happy… Despite being in debt.

Well. I'm not sure if this is good, but I like it. I think a lot of these qualities are things that are going to be needed moving forward because change is coming.

The old ways of doing things are what brought us to where we are so maybe a little attitude change is in order.

Let the attacks begin.

edit on 9/20/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

edit on Sun Sep 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped long list IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+46 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh God, I'm so sick and tired of the Millennials and their entitled, selfish beliefs. The Blue Ribbon kids have grown up!

This is not to say that every single one is an entitled brat, because I know that is not the case. Most of them, however, are extremely entitled. The real world of real consequences is going to squash them like bugs.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Any different then how we're currently being squashed like a bug for the last 100 years of bad choices since the inception of the federal reserve?

Or are we forgetting the current pariah that we are experiencing in the new globally integrated world?

Or should I just throw all the wars and banking and currency inflation hemp and alcohol technology suppression housing crisis nafta and everything else in the denial file?
edit on 9/20/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The list reminds me of the 60's except the new technologies.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The funny thing is your probably right.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It was bound to happen. They have it TOO good. They didn't grow up scared of poverty and war. Then you add in the fact that all the curtains are lifted. bullying, LBGT, racism etc. They are out of their shells and the world is theirs.

I remember growing up, the world was all about boundaries. What boundaries?
edit on 20-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Ummm.. Have you payed attention to the last ten years?

We are inundated now with more media trauma based kind control and propaganda then ever with social media television and movies and that's just not my generations that's everyone.

Did you not notice that the economy fell out of the ass of the United states in 2008?

You realize that 40% of my generation is under and unemployeed and can't move out of their homes due to ever increasing cost of inflation with constantly decreasing wages?

Let's not forget that since 1970 we have had 1000% increases in prison population?

But let's keep this discussion going because it seems like a lot of people have misconceptions when it comes to what's actually going on I. This world.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I think where the millennial's are really scaring the the corps, is the millennial's see through the R and D game of politics.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Any different then how we're currently being squashed like a bug for the last 100 years of bad choices since the inception of the federal reserve?

Or are we forgetting the current pariah that we are experiencing in the new globally integrated world?

Or should I just throw all the wars and banking and currency inflation hemp and alcohol technology suppression housing crisis nafta and everything else in the denial file?

Yeah, because on top of all the crap that already happens to people, they'll be in double trouble; having never had real world experience due to helicopter parenting, always winning an award, and being coddled. It's a whole disaster of a generation.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
And yet, they're Teacups. Show them an ounce of hardship, and you get an f-ton of anxiety.

Those that do best are the ones that roll with the punches & learn from them, not dodge them. My generation and the tail ends of bookend ones are very misguided.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Well I don't know who was coddled because most of the kids where I grew up in a low income community barely survived.

I personally became a professional fighter which is anti coddle and makes what a normal person thinks of as hard work look like a day off.

Hell most of the guys I grew up with are tough as nails.

They may not be true everywhere though that's just my area.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I like 17

The other 24 go on basically about how superior "millennials" are but then 17 very helpfully lets us know that it hasnt gone to their heads and they are still down to earth

Id never heard the term "millennials" till this thread

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
The real world of real consequences is going to squash them like bugs.

Not when they become the real world. The oldest generation represent the Old World Order and these kids and many of us not-so-kids are part of the New World Order "they" want you to be afraid of.

They don't think working is stupid because they are lazy; they think working is stupid because it is stupid. Selling your time for money and your health for security is beyond stupid. The illusion of selling your soul to corporations being a godly and patriotic duty is dissolving and not enough people are buying it anymore.

Get paid for the value you provide. Gain security by giving it to each other. When people know the resources we possess as a society and as a planet, it's nearly impossible to enslave them as they were in the past.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Well I don't know who was coddled because most of the kids where I grew up in a low income community barely survived.

I personally became a professional fighter which is anti coddle and makes what a normal person thinks of as hard work look like a day off.

Hell most of the guys I grew up with are tough as nails.

They may not be true everywhere though that's just my area.

It's opposite in my area...perhaps my area is not the norm, because God help them if it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds much like what we said when we were the hippies way back when......I think its the usual youthful bull# that occurs just before we get hooked up with someone and stuck with a small tribe of young uns thatll be saying the same # years hence.....

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

In the next few weeks I'll be interviewing and hiring some additional staff for my department.

With attitudes like the ones expressed in the OP, I'm not surprised that the unemployment level is so high.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
It was bound to happen. They have it TOO good. They didn't grow up scared of poverty and war. Then you add in the fact that all the curtains are lifted. bullying, LBGT, racism etc. They are out of their shells and the world is theirs.

How's that rock you're living under?

This is the type of ignorant stance and opinion which had led the baby-boomers to ruining the economy and country at large for future generations.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I think that may be the whole point. They aren't Scared. Good for them. Fear is the Mind Killer.

When you say "They didn't grow up scared of poverty and war." It sounds like you're saying it because we've removed Poverty and War. But that is obviously not true and for most of them Poverty and War is all they've seen so far out of life. They don't fear it because it's all they've ever known, but they do hate it and they will do their part in removing it too. That all starts by removing the fear of it first.

As for the boundaries, again you're correct, however your perspective is out of touch. Trying to hide the truths of the world like was done in the past doesn't remove them but in fact shields them by keeping them invisible to public attention. Remove the shields and expose them to the world for all to see and everything can be dealt with out in the open. After all, making Homosexuals hide in the closet doesn't make everyone Hetrosexual nor does hiding racism behind the shed make everyone the same race. Remove the walls that keep everyone blind from the truth and these things can be addressed. Keep them hidden and the will just lurk around forever in the darkness.
edit on 21-9-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The baby boomers are the ones who grew up without hardship. The millenials are the new greatest generation except it's gonna be for peace not war.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's not the point of view of Google and other tech giants who mold their companies to the new ideals.

Look at the Google headquarters to see what I'm talking about.

and your post proves a point Beezer weather you can see it or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join