It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra
Thanks, that is the whole reason I asked. I am totally used to sitting on the lump, and feeling the huge weight of the chain I got attaching my wallet to my belt against my leg(chain used to restrain huge dogs, think it's called a choker chain). Most people I know are the same, got used to the wallet, most minus the chain, and as you get older, boy does it get fatter lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Semi familiar with the area was looking to buy in the area - the location is considered the Poconos (tourist trap) but it's actually a little north of the Poconos - alot of the area is Federal Land along the Delaware River but know there are many many foreclosed houses in the area & seasonal houses up there. So this guy could be jumping from house to house & be the area and they wouldn't know it. imo

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Cops say they have exchanged gunfire with a person holed up in a house; it looks like it's over for Eric Frein:

www.foxcarolina.com...
Local officials in Monroe County, PA have confirmed that they've exchanged gun fire at 6:40 p.m. ET with a person they believe is the suspect Eric Frein.

-----------------------------------

originally posted by: Snarl

Interesting Rambo Comparison in MSM

PHOTO: Kids check out the gear at a military simulation event in 2001 in Virginia.

It is clear to me that no private group of "enthusiasts" could obtain Soviet era tanks and armored personnel carriers. How many thousands of dollars would it take just to transport the vehicles? Where do they keep them? In their driveway? I doubt you could obtain a permit to import these things, even if you wanted to. In other words, you can be sure these war machines came straight out of some Army base. I believe these 'private' groups are nothing more than fronts to recruit/train mercenaries or even active duty soldiers for covert operations in Eastern Europe.
edit on 19-9-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Cops say they have exchanged gunfire with a person holed up in a house; it looks like it's over for Eric Frein

I kind'a wondered about that. The lack of radio chatter on the link supplied by

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
here

raises doubts.

Looking at the satellite maps of the area, it's doubtful they're going to catch this guy, since/if they haven't taken him down already. Whole thing could wind up a repeat of the Eric Rudolph saga. Seems to me he was ready to do what he was going to do. I just hope he doesn't pull an Adam Lanza on a local school with that AK-47 he's toting around.

Remember this kid's 31 years old. He didn't off himself on-scene. He left his ID behind ... which indicates to me an effort to leave his past behind. Why start a new life by killing a cop, if that's not the course of the new existence you plan to live?

There are tons of like-minded people not too far away. With just a little help he could remain on the lam for years and years. God help that community if he's able to recruit a couple more folks and really go at it. I figure if we don't hear anything at all about him, we're that much better off. They'll pick him up sometime in the future (quietly) and he'll pay for what he's done.

It's getting' cold up there too. Maybe that'll take care of it.

-Cheers

ETA: I wouldn't expect to hear a 10-7 called (at all) if they had him cornered.
edit on 2092014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Long time with no news. Hope they didn't go and kill some hermet living in the woods who was oblivious to everything going on.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Long time with no news. Hope they didn't go and kill some hermet living in the woods who was oblivious to everything going on.

I saw a Fox News clip saying it was a false alarm.

Link. Disclaimer at about the 1:10 mark.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So who was it they were shooting at last night? And who have they been shooting at in all those other incidents where residents have heard gunfire? High strangeness in Monroe County.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Listing him amongst the top ten is a tell. TPTB can assign national assets to look for him.

His IR signature would give his position away if he's still in the woods. I wonder if anyone has noticed any drone flights out of any nearby Air Bases since then.

that's an interesting thought, and I'd bet they do have infra-red capabilities on the state police chopper(s) too.

especially the way DHS has been handing out 'candy' grants these past few years.

he'd be the IR sig that attempts to evade the sounds of a chopper overhead. stand out like a sore thumb.

[ETA]

not a lot on the scanner chatter this morning/day.

though i did just catch an 'all units' call to beartown rd a minute or so ago... pretty sure that was the same area they were focused on last night, too.

???

edit on 9/20/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the radio link.
Sounds like they are setting a perimeter. Since the PA State troopers have demanded that residents in the area stay locked in their homes www.nydailynews.com... it would seem they are trying to clear the woods of anyone except the fugitive and authorities searching for him. I have wondered about the FLIR evasion techniques he is employing, since he in certain to know it will be utilized. They must have something in the air that is just lingering doing large 8's or loops.I think the best bet to catch him is to use the most quiet/high flying drone to not alert him to its presence, and that is only if he has remained outside. They should have a team check all unoccupied houses in the area since all he would have to do is go online to the property appraiser's site and get a public list of foreclosed properties and he could have a network of unoccupied dwellings to choose from. a reply to: 12m8keall2c

edit on 20-9-2014 by georgezip because: none

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
yeah. they're in the air over the areas they've setup a boots on the ground perimeter around.

beartown rd and blue ridge

closing in on/sweeping the area now.

basically descending from two ridges into a 'bottom' of sorts.

much like we did to flush out/drive deer.... only difference was we typically started in the bottoms and worked our way upwards.... with folks posted at strategic locations and trails along the way.

already mentions of movement and an individual squatting/crouching.

I'd have to think there's a shoot on site order in place.

apparently more than deer being hunted in PA today.

edit on 9/20/2014 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

and apparently not just in PA. I just heard on the news that the manhunt for Frein now includes Six states.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

if he's 'smart' he's been on the run since. distancing himself as much as possible..... though, i don't personally think that's the case..

???

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

and apparently not just in PA. I just heard on the news that the manhunt for Frein now includes Six states.

And what does that tell us? It says law enforcement is sharing information between agencies. It says Monroe County and the PSP have no clue where he is.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And what does that tell us? It says law enforcement is sharing information between agencies. It says Monroe County and the PSP have no clue where he is.

What it says is they think thats the distance he could have traveled since the crime so that is the diameter of the circle and pretty much you are right,they have no clue.

The hunt is on!

We need a pool..

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
If it was me, I would have hit the canadian border by now lol.

edit on Sat, 20 Sep 2014 19:39:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I know everyone wants to see this guy caught. But, what they need to do is give the guy a chance to get tired of toting his weapons around. Give him a chance to realize he can't carry them without giving himself away by drawing attention to himself.

They need to keep him boxed out of community areas so he can't hurt anyone else ... and I think they're doing a pretty good job, all things considered. It's gonna be hard on that community, LE, and Frein's victims ... and it's gonna be expensive.

Frein's going into the history books as 'just another bad guy' at this point.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

if he's 'smart' he's been on the run since. distancing himself as much as possible..... though, i don't personally think that's the case..

???

Maybe he has, or will get to an interstate freeway rest area, or parked vehicle, where with only a handgun he could get a ride out of state. May be looking for a single driver, no witnesses, out of state plates.... ???

If he is half as smart as some suggest.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They just lifted the shelter in place order about 23 minutes ago.
Just now - reports of shots fired on the scanner.

www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
On Thursday a speeding police car in Monroe County was involved in a serious accident that sent three to the hospital:

www.poconorecord.com.../20140919/NEWS/409190319

----------------------

This afternoon there was another multi-vehicle crash in Monroe County which killed five people, including three children. There is no mention that a police car was involved or perhaps caused the crash, but if so, I wonder how it would change the dynamic of the search.

wnep.com...
Two adults and three children were killed in a crash in Monroe County Saturday afternoon.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

unrelated. it was over 30 mioes from the area they're searching/looking for him in.

seatbelts and driver safety measures would seem at fault.

it appears that the 'minivan' is/was the cause of the crash... according to reports.

???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join