It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

No one I have ever known who is familiar with firearms would lean a gun against a tree with the mussel in the dirt. Maybe the guy has had an aneurism or Minny stroke and is not all there in his head ?
Even if he planned on discarding the weapon and mags, by never coming back to retrieve them .... No one, that I know would discard the weapon like that.. place the butt on the ground or just lay the whole thing in the dirt. Weird

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
a reply to: VoidHawk

they said the gun was found 'suspended' from a tree, so i don't think those pics are an accurate representation of how the items were placed when they came across them.

To answer your question...
No. I sure as hell wouldn't lean my rifle against a tree in that manner.

Where'd you hear that? (I don't like the way that question sounds ... So don't take it out of context, please.). I can't hear all the news overseas, so I'm not asking for a link or anything. Do you believe it?

I figured he'd have to drop some of his gear if he's actually 'on the run' ... and the AK would be the first thing to go if I were in his boots. But, I'll guarantee you this ... no one would find it either. I've never considered hiding a weapon by suspending it in a tree ... then again, I'm not a psycho cop-killer. Yay for me!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

can't remember just where i read that, news article somewhere in the past few days.

personally, i think it would have been wise for him to have stashed a gun/ammo or so ahead of time..... so the 'suspended in a tree didn't stand out as 'out of the ordinary' or anything.

certainly wouldn't have left them on the ground and leaning against a tree in that manner.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Well ... I guess the police are crediting the find to Frein News Clip. The rifle looks just like the one's he has with him in other photos. You'd think they might confirm that with records of the owner (his dad) ... but who knows. If he doesn't have an AK anymore ... so much the better.

I'd still be damned concerned about that .308 and his ability to shoot. The folks beating the bushes for him have b@lls of brass. If he's still in those woods, he's had plenty of time to think about who's hunting him, their mindset, his probability of surviving discovery, and what the remainder of his life is exactly worth. If he's still there, I hope they keep him contained and wear him down. Their odds of surviving another ambush increase if he's tired and fatigued. Can't imagine what those cops must be feeling right about now.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
If he doesn't have an AK anymore ... so much the better.

yeah. that version weighs in at about 11 pounds so not exactly something you want to have to carry around for HOURS on end.... hence why it didn't seem surprising when i read they found that and the ammo suspended in a tree. made more sense than anything. handheld gps== easy access to backup 'protection'

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
Update:

Police claim they have recovered Frein's AK-47 and two mags in the woods:

Do you ever get the feeling you're being jerked around?

Wow just wow. Anybody who knows anything at all knows you never stick your rifle barrel into the dirt. If you rest it on something you use the buttstock keeping the barrel and chamber clear of dirt or other obstructions that could get in there.

The weirdest thing about the photos for me is the magazines. you never take your magazines out and lay them on the ground like that because of dirt. But mostly because what if you gotta leave in a hurry??? Now you gotta pick up your mags and your rifle then run??? It makes no sense. This guy being a survivalist military type person would know not to do this.

I own class 3 body armor and my plate carrier came with 3 mag pouches. I can hold 6 magazines AK or AR no problem. What was he doing holding them in his hand???

And another thing the cops expect us to believe he has been hiking around the bush this whole time with no sling on his rifle??? What kinda idiot is out there without a sling??

This whole thing just got much stinkier. Has anybody done any research on the cop who was killed to see if he has been in any trouble lately?? Any IA investigations?

So now apparently he only has a .308 rifle left since he left his AK behind. Im assuming bolt action the one he used to kill the officer with. He cant be found without the murder weapon on him. It is pretty convenient for the police that the only semi auto rifle he had is now no longer in his possession. Police now def have the advantage in a fire fight.
edit on 22-9-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: cuz i can

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

www.poconorecord.com.../20140922/NEWS/409220314

An AK-47 assault rifle believed to be that of fugitive Eric Frein was found suspended in the woods, days after a deadly ambush at the Blooming Grove state police barracks.

The AK-47 was found in the vicinity of the Jeep, along with ammunition magazines and a bag with ammunition.

seems more like he stashed it - wisely... but not wisely enough to remain hidden.

and the ammo/mags were in the little camo pouch. not simply strewn on the ground next to the tree.???

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If he was stashing them for future use being the survivalist he is dont you think he would of hid them at least a little??? Lay it flat on the ground and cover it with some brush.

Either way you dont stash it with the barrel in the dirt.
edit on 22-9-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The officer in the clip is pretty emphatic when he tells them that "his fight is with law enforcement," leading me to believe that he may know more about the "fight" than he has revealed. I'm simply shocked that nobody has brought forth a website showing his attitude toward them.
The smell just ain't right....but I'm fully aware that the smell could be coming from the reporting of the whole story. As quick as the reporters heard the word "survivalist" they went gaga...."Oh, goodie, let's beat up on the fringers again, that's easy enough!"
Did the casings they found have fingerprints?
Just simple stuff that I'd expect to hear from them....hasn't been mentioned. Strange...

ETA: Don't they have helicopters or drones with heat-sensing cameras in Pennsylvania?

I agree that the officers out there beating the bushes have a set----but I can't help but think that some are hoping for revenge. They've forgotten the innocent until proven guilty I'm afraid. If this man is tried and convicted, he deserves the death penalty in my world. But he also deserves the chance to defend himself against the charges.
edit on 22-9-2014 by diggindirt because: further comment

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I agree ... there seems to be something missing in the story line. What do you want to bet it never comes out in the wash?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

If he was stashing them for future use being the survivalist he is dont you think he would of hid them at least a little??? Lay it flat on the ground and cover it with some brush.

Either way you dont stash it with the barrel in the dirt.

you'd be surprised how well the bark and leaves/branches of trees can camouflage things that would otherwise stand out on the ground.

some 40# fishing line and you can pull quite a bit up into the branches of a tree and no one would likely notice/see/find it. I've done it with various things after scouting out my spot for opening day the weekend before. that way you just have to walk in unencumbered and lower them down. it's also why i think he's likely got all sorts of stuff stashed, if he's anywhere near the survivalist who's been planning/preparing for a while.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Im assuming bolt action the one he used to kill the officer with. He cant be found without the murder weapon on him.

I think he has something akin to an AR-10.

It is pretty convenient for the police that the only semi auto rifle he had is now no longer in his possession. Police now def have the advantage in a fire fight.

Wouldn't exactly go there. He can take a human sized target at 800 yards with the rifle he's armed with. A well placed shot into the groin or legs of one dude would take five or six guys 'out of the fight' in those woods. Of course, he's probably not gonna take such a long shot in that environment either. Which, means he can defeat an LEO's body armor, in a realistic scenario. All depends on whether or not he's decided to go down fighting.

I don't care if he fancies himself a survivalist or not. People are funny ... and there's just not many of us who have that much fight in us. You'd be surprised at how many Soldiers just want to 'give up' a couple of days into the SERE course. Fatigue and stress are mind killers. You've got to go through the wringer bunches of times to hone that kind of non-stop warrior mentality.

Not mocking this kid at all, mind you. He's gone farther than I imagine myself being able to make it (unless he's already dead). My gut's telling me it's either that, or he's exited the stage. I'm wondering now if he developed contacts who could help him get completely out of the country. I mean, who would really pull some douche-bag stunt like this with winter coming on ... and right before hunting season to boot?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

that's kind of been myt take on it from the get go, as well.

no mater how 'good'/'experienced' a 'survivalist' he may be or think he is.

winter coming in northeastern PA with hunting season starting is Not the time to go head for the hills all survivalist like. not in that region.

Add to that the fact that you just shot/killed a couple of state boys.....

you're in for a world of hurt, quick.

don't see this ending well for him.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Have you got a source for those photos?

twitter.com...

Thanks.

PSP released these photos... They show a gun and ammo found in the woods they believe were left by #Frein

Who/what is PSP?

PSP is the Pennsylvania State Police.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Does Pennsylvania not have any National Guard helicopters that are accessible to the State Police? In our state they're mainly used for searching for illegal substances growing in fields but they are equally equipped to find bodies in the woods. In Kentucky the SP can "borrow" the helicopters and pilots for searches according to a retired trooper friend of mine. This story has his spidey senses all atingle.
One thing that my trooper friend pointed out is that these law enforcement officers, for the most part aren't trained in searching the woods. Anybody with any skill at wild living wouldn't have any trouble fooling the LEOs but they will have a harder time defeating dogs and helicopters looking for body heat signatures. Just doesn't make any sense...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

He's on the FBI's Most Wanted list. That gives them access to National Assets to help find him.

FBI,US Marshalls, ATF, Federal SERT Units, etc. + all the kit they have available as well, etc.

think you can safely bet your backside those choppers in the air have infra red capabilities.

especially with all the DHS easy peasy grants and equipment being made readily available to these agencies over the past decade or so.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So does anyone have a clue as to what set this guy off so bad that he'd snipe at a couple of troopers? I don't suppose it would have anything to do with the thousands of police brutality videos, unconstitutional checkpoints, insane police militarization, swat teams invading barber shops, drones everywhere spying on you, or anything of that sort, would it? I read that he was a member of some kind of reenactment team. I seriously wonder what set this guy off. And it's doubtful we'll ever know- cause he is not likely to be brought in alive. Amazing he hasn't been found yet. Reminds me of the Eric Rudolph story.

Well this video provides some additional info, and the authorities don't know why either:

And the latest update I could find:

edit on Tue Sep 23rd 2014 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Regarding the AK, i don't know if he planned on coming back for it or not. He would surely know that he's being pursued and the chances of him getting back to an area once he's moved on is highly unlikely. Or heck, he may just be panicked and he's now running, who knows.

I think it's more likely that he's got more weapons stashed somewhere else - An abandoned cabin, or an abandoned summer house etc. I did find it strange the way he left the rifle though. Simply propping it up like that against the tree is just awkward and unnecessary. That said, like someone else said i heard they found it suspended from the tree so the police possibly just lay the weapons on the ground and took the photos.

I'm more curious now, going into the 11th or 12th day of this how he is getting food? If he was living off the land, killing animals etc then police would hear gunshots? Even if he was catching them by hand and killing them, would he not need to cook these somehow? Police would surely see the flames of any fire? Tell me if I'm wrong, I'm not entirely sure.

My personal take is that he knows exactly which summer homes etc are empty and he's going from house to house and laying low for a few days at a time. I live in this area and there are so many old abandoned cabins just sat in the middle of the forest.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Perhaps sniping cops and getting away clean is a new initiation to prove you are badass enough to join a "sleeper cell", that is no longer sleeping anymore. Burning your old life to the ground to prove dedication, and that is what the obvious neon signs he left of his identity was about. Who knows, strange world, a lot of people pissed off at the US government these days.
edit on Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:46:07 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Perhaps sniping cops and getting away clean is a new initiation to prove you are badass enough to join a "sleeper cell", that is no longer sleeping anymore. Burning your old life to the ground to prove dedication, and that is what the obvious neon signs he left of his identity was about. Who knows, strange world, a lot of people pissed off at the US government these days.

If what you surmise is infact the case, then he is long gone with his network cell accomplices. That's what I suspected all along. Leaving car, IDs, weapons, behind makes absolutely no sense unless you have an escape plan in place and don't need that stuff.

Not a lone nutter, but either a false flag or a conspiracy. There should have been a sighting of him by now if in fact he was on the "run"!
edit on 23-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join