It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If you are going to judge cops in general by videos, include one that shows Cpl. Bryon Dickson and Trooper Alex Douglass being gunned down by a sniper outside the Pennsylvania State Police barracks in Blooming Grove on Friday night.

Make sure you consider the bravery of the fellow troopers who risked becoming victims themselves while hurrying to assist the dying Dickson and the critically wounded Douglass.

At any instant, 31-year-old Eric Frein could have been raising his rifle and putting another cop in the crosshairs of his telescopic sight. The suspect’s father, Michael Frein, told the police who came to search the family home in Canadensis, Pennsylvania, that he had taught his son to shoot as a boy. The son had been on the rifle

Manhunt for a Cop-Hating Pennsylvania ‘Survivalist’

All I have to say, is this is going to do nothing but embolden the already growing attention and criticism that survivalist, preppers, and similar individuals receive.

I have no idea what REALLY set this guy off. It would be very interesting to know the truth as to what made his switch flip, as it doesn't sound like anyone thought of him as "violent." Devil's in the details though.

But to any of our survivalist/prepper ATSers, this has got to be a story worth tracking.

Other news links (include video):
ABC News

NBC News

edit on 17-9-2014 by WCmutant because: ...adding more news links...

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The vehicle was towed to Ray’s Auto Repair in Milford. The troopers obtained a search warrant and discovered two spent .308 shell casings under the rear passenger-side seat that matched the casings recovered from the murder scene. They also found a valid driver’s license, a Social Security card, and a Pennsylvania Game Commission Range Permit, all in the name of Eric Frein. The license gave his height as 6-foot-1 and his weight as 165 pounds, and noted he has blue eyes.

Sorry, finding the car AND his drivers license and everything else in the car so conveniently? Sounds like someones trying to set him up, or rapidly close the case.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

This thread may need to be closed. I searched for "Frein, survivalist, and Pennsylvania" and even scanned current topic titles for similar terms before posting. Not catching Zaphod's topic that relates to the man-hunt, sorry about that.

Zaphod58 already started a thread in Breaking Alt. News here:
BREAKING: Shooting at State Police Barracks in Pike County

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

well yours does contain an update...been following this myself when I read the title of the thread i thought it would show a list of ats memebers...haha...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Sorry, finding the car AND his drivers license and everything else in the car so conveniently? Sounds like someones trying to set him up, or rapidly close the case.

OR... that he isn't as 'invincible/able to cover his tracks' as he might think.

likely figured he'd never even be tracked.... from a higher, secluded lookout/snipe bed.

???

He'll make the news again in a day or so....

obituaries, even.

... and rightfully so.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wonder what the cops did to him in 2006?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Well the problem is we never get to hear the whole story...what if the truth was some cop sodomized him in jail or something crazy so he went nuts and started killing cops. I'm not saying its ok to murder but people have indeed had enough and are lashing out at anything they can. Unfortunately two most likely innocent cops got caught up in this dude's mission.

I;m gonna go against the grain on this one and say he dissapears for quite some time. I'm not sure why I feel it but they usually do catch them in a couple days.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Another Chris Dormer except I'm assuming the perp is white this time?

They are coming for you survivalists...something like this will make a new law pass.

Remember, the FBI puts you on a list if you stockpile more than 2 weeks of supplies.

One more step toward 1984, and one more tiny step to a brave new world.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

The vehicle was towed to Ray’s Auto Repair in Milford. The troopers obtained a search warrant and discovered two spent .308 shell casings under the rear passenger-side seat that matched the casings recovered from the murder scene. They also found a valid driver’s license, a Social Security card, and a Pennsylvania Game Commission Range Permit, all in the name of Eric Frein. The license gave his height as 6-foot-1 and his weight as 165 pounds, and noted he has blue eyes.

Or the kid really does think he is Rambo and is making his final stand in the woods daring the cops to come in after him. Still has the two rifles with him. He's not finished.

ETA I see the funeral is tomorrow. What if he shows up THERE?
edit on 17-9-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

me?

two totally-unrelated individuals murdered in cold blood, despite and no matter any untowards interactions with PA state troopers in the past.

killing someone for the actions or efforts of another.

he's a whackadoo that needs brought to justice..... however he decides that goes down at the time.

and the time IS coming.

I give him 24-48 hrs tops.

no matter the state assets allotted, they'll gather up a lot of 'local boys/support' for the effort to do so, too.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

He'll make the news again in a day or so....obituaries, even.

Hmmm ... I don't know.

They didn't find him, they didn't find any significant amount of ammunition in the vehicle, they didn't report a stash of food in the vehicle.

I'd say he's well into his plan and that he had ditched the vehicle as part of that. Question is: Where is the food and ammo?

This is definitely a story to watch.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Hmmm ... I don't know.

They didn't find him, they didn't find any significant amount of ammunition in the vehicle, they didn't report a stash of food in the vehicle.

I'd say he's well into his plan and that he had ditched the vehicle as part of that. Question is: Where is the food and ammo?

If he's any kind of prepper, those arrangements were made far in advance of the shooting.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

originally posted by: Snarl

Hmmm ... I don't know.

If he's any kind of prepper, those arrangements were made far in advance of the shooting.

You bet. I wouldn't be a volunteer on any team walking through the woods looking for him. A .308 with AP rounds will go through a vest like a knife through hot butter. The cops'll have to wait him out I'm afraid ... or drone him.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Whatever happened to "news reports" where they stated the facts without the labels and agendas?

Since they are using labels, why not just call him a "deranged individual"? Well, I guess that would prevent them from pushing their "the American people are the enemy" agenda.

So this one's a "survivalist". Surprised they didnt call him a "sovereign citizen".

Whether this was staged or real, one thing is certain, it will be used to vilify guns, gun owners, sovereign citizens, "preppers", even people who criticize cops or the government.

edit on 17-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
Another Chris Dormer except I'm assuming the perp is white this time?

They are coming for you survivalists...something like this will make a new law pass.

Remember, the FBI puts you on a list if you stockpile more than 2 weeks of supplies.

One more step toward 1984, and one more tiny step to a brave new world.

Chances are good this guy is on a list then. This means they already "know" about him.

What if he is a patsy? He didn't do the shooting and someone is setting him up to take the blame? It seems all too easy. I'm not saying he's incapable of "going off," I'm suggesting he's pretty much a nice neat little propaganda present with a big red bow.

If it was Frein, then the most likely connection is the fact that one of the Troopers shot and killed lived in his brother's neighborhood. There could be some bad blood between one or both brothers and the Trooper (a Marine). No telling what actually transpired if that's the case.

Also, if it was a vendetta against Trooper Douglas then Frein should stop. However, if he has a larger motive he may not stop.

Does anyone know if any PA law enforcement departments have drones, and maybe how many? (ArchPlayer mentioned Chris Dorner.)
edit on 17-9-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Whatever happened to "news reports" where they stated the facts without the labels and agendas?

Since they are using labels, why not just call him a "deranged individual"? Well, I guess that would prevent them from pushing their "the American people are the enemy" agenda.

So this one's a "survivalist". Surprised they didnt call him a "sovereign citizen".

Whether this was staged or real, one thing is certain, it will be used to vilify guns, gun owners, sovereign citizens, "preppers", even people who criticize cops or the government.

As a matter of fact at the initial press conference, the guy doing the talking DID bring up that the person responsible could be, "someone who is just against the government"! Now keep in mind, this was before they even had a clue as to who the shooter was....

So yea, you can be sure this will be used to ramp up more towards people who say anything bad about the government.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
to go the 'long haul',

he'd have to have had some thing/things stockpiled within a day's/ few hour's walking distance or so.

I'm quite familiar with the mountains of pike and perry county PA...
you could easily get lost and not find your way back.

all they have to do is locate 'his stash'.... and the dogs'll take over from there.

i know it's been 6-7 days since, but i also have a fair knowledge of the overall terrain, it's to his advantage, if he uses it properly, even with fbi/dhs drones and the like... they're gonna have to root him out... get him 'on the run'.

there are lakes and the like where he could easily hide his 'infrared sig' as but just that of another 'camper'..... without ever having come in through the front gate, even be registered.

???

link   

TPTB probably wouldn't pick the son of a retired commissioned officer for a patsy's role. I'd say this is a legit suspect.

And comparing him to Dorner would be to underestimate him. Dorner was a narcissist bent on asymmetrical warfare. He was ill-prepared for the fight ... just well-armed.

This kid's got an AK and a .308. If he's got anything of a plan, I wouldn't expect the cops'll be able to confine him to a cabin they can easily set on fire.

link   
Best to not underestimate Frein. Prepper/survivalists....he will eventually be killed but at what cost?

Discover his agenda, make communications and try and reason with him would make more sense than a stompin thru the woods manhunt by frightened cops. They will just shoot each other, hunters, campers or other innocents.

edit on 17-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Was reading about this yesterday pretty interesting they found his car with all the evidence they need open and close the case against him. Which either means he left it there on purpose to throw them off. Because he already had a different ID and vehicle. Or he’s a complete idiot.

I mean who goes through the trouble of stalking and sniping your prey then leaving all the evidence behind to prove it was you??? It doesn’t make sense. If he was smart about it he would of shot then disappeared and nobody would of known who it was.

My guess is regardless of what actually happens to him the media will say we killed him. They cant let stories out about cops being killed and the killer getting away. Maybe it was Christopher Dorner and they know it so there trying to cover it up. Blame it on some white guy to keep everybody thinking Christopher is dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join