It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist: Why He Believes Beheading Victims Appeared So Calm Before Their Deaths

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I admit I was one of the people who was wondering how these men facing their death remained so calm and sedate right before their heads were removed with a knife by homicidal, Muslim fanatics. A journalist that was once held by IS reveals why they appeared so calm.

One of the many elements surrounding the Islamic State’s horrific beheadings has been questions surrounding why — and how — the victims appear so calm just seconds before dying.

A French journalist who was once held by the terror group believes that the captives likely didn’t realize what was about to happen.

Europe 1 radio reporter Didier Francois, 53, who was released earlier this year after 10 months of confinement with the Islamic State, said that militants put captives through a number of mock executions and, as a result, they were worn down and didn’t know what was to come, according to the Daily Mail.

“They did not realize that this time it was the real thing,” he said.

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How do some get away when others perish? How many mock executions must someone go through before they receive the killing blow?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

That is definitely plausible. It's also very plausible that western intelligence would see no harm in decapitating journalists.

In any case, there's no real reason to fake the gore.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Damn, this is just a whole new level of brutality. To make them go through mock executions. Just imagine, they did this over and over, they knew their last moment speeches, probably to the point of memorization.

Keep up the Drones. Send in some Special Units or Green Berets. Forget about sending 3,000 troops to Africa, send them to kill ISIS.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
But then when they started cutting they should go crazy if they didn't know what would happen?
I didn't see much change when the cutting started..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Oldest trick in the book. They used to do it to POWs during Vietnam. They'd put a gun against their head and pull the trigger, and it was unloaded. Then they'd promise the next time it would be loaded, and do it over and over again until they broke you mentally.

As for not seeing a change when they started cutting, shock, horror, terror, being mentally broken would all cause a short term non-reaction.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Or they drugged them..

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I saw a program the other day about some survivors of Auschwitz, about eight women. They recounted events in vivid detail and what they got over as to why the majority went to the gas chambers quietly (beside being conned by the guards) was that they knew their fate and they knew for certain that there was no way out of it, so went to their fate with silent resignation.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
His belief, doesn't seem so far off. "Mock executions", for in general, submission. Also for preparation of cinematic footage to be used when needed to drive their agenda, such as said that Foley's execution may have happened a year ago.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No no...it's because the entire thing was hoaxed/staged and these guys are appalling actors. Gimme a break.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well after the first mock execution, I would expect that the next thing they would do is mentally prepare themselves for death. They were informed of the risks in going to a place like that, but I think in their place I would consider the mock execution as the signal to really get ready.
edit on 16-9-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So they are quickly trying to tie up loose ends about peoples doubts? My next question is where is all the blood as the knife penetrates? We see the "executioner" saw back and forth several times on the throat, yet there is no blood spurting out. Answer that one journalist.
ETA: I also find it funny that with all the beheadings, and murders in the ME over the years, why NOW is there even a journalist that feels the need to explain WHY HE thinks it is real? Ill tell you why, because more and more people are waking up and getting wise to the propaganda machine that is the US government. I mildly feel vindicated that this is happening.
edit on 16-9-2014 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think, because they knew it was being taped, they didn't want to
further traumatize their family and friends by pleading, crying or resisting.
They were also resigned to their fate. They died bravely.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What's to say they weren't shot first then the head removed..until we see evidence of any beheading of these Journalist while they were alive then anything is possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Some of us were saying this after the Foley execution video. And it is true. What happens is that the hostages likely refuse to read the script for a week or two, maybe longer, and then eventually their will breaks. How this happens is the way they're treated. If you cooperate they will treat you better, and if you don't they will torture you to some extent. This is precisely how they achieve their end result. I'm sure that this scenario played out initially and the hostage attempted to get up and run away, and he was severely beaten or tortured, and after enough time has passed you will get a docile hostage.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

....I like to think that I can come up with horrible thoughts and ideas to lessen the fear when it comes to reality, but I never thought this one through...scary

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Actually theres no much for them to do. They are tied up and have no power. If you look at the second execution video, you can see the poor guy trying to stand up as he struggles.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman
Yep!

And why now do they feel the need to fade out the deed? Then, not allow it to be shown in most places? Oh no!! You shouldn't watch this!!!!! Whereas before you could watch every terrible thing that extremists ever done. Now it's "taboo". BS There's something not right with these beheadings, they reek of some well-funded agency trying to sway peoples votes or feelings towards finishing off destabilizing the Middle East. Did any of these men really die? IDK and neither do any of you for sure. For all I know they were agents and now have went deep-cover/underground. Just my opinion

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That does not explain the lack of blood or lack of struggle or reaction at the moment it went from mock status to the real thing.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo
Why wasn't he jerking side-to-side? When the adrenalin kicked in, he should've been going crazy and hard to handle. Just watch a cop try to arrest an unwilling participant. He just tries to stand up. He don't try to bite, he isn't screaming, he isn't jerking all over the place. Their bodies weren't acting like someone who felt their necks getting cut. They all act like they're acting. It's just too tame. But then we see the aftermath. Hollywood makes some pretty believable heads these days. Just my opinion

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join