It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Shoplifting is leaving the last POS without paying for something. It doesn't have to happen sneakily or without incident. You can be caught in the act, asked to stop, leave and it'll still be shoplifting.

Now ask yourself if it was okay for the officer to shoot a fleeing unarmed suspect 35 ft away? It sounds like to me the officer was pissed that brown marked his face up so he just finished him off. Testosterone for ya

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If i ever go and debo a store owner and walk out the door i fully expect to be shot then or get whats coming to me by way of karma later. As far as the person with him well if you dabble in shat you are bound to get it on you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

Robbery and shoplifting are different.

This ADULT robbed the store.

The ADULT shoplifted.

All you people have done is exposed the fact that he committed MULTIPLE crimes. He shoplifted AND robbed. Then, according to hospital accounts, the officer was administered for his injuries. So he ALSO assaulted a law enforcement officer. To make matters worse, he was caught jaywalking. We could go on and on. All you people seem to be trying to do is protect criminals. What is wrong with you?! This type of black thug grows up and lives a life of crime.

Guess what?! He probably stole those cigarellos so he could go smoke weed with his little black thug buddies.

This black thug robbed the store owner. Since it is the store owner, then the commodity in the store belongs to the owner. The surveillance video reveals that it was STRONG ARM robbery. This means robbery with no weapons. The suspect was confronted by the owner of the property (the store owner) and refused to give the property back, even going as far as to push him and make threatening, intimidating physical gestures.

SA Robbery.
Shoplifting.
Assault and battery on an officer.
Jay Walking.

Search the kids house or his friend's house. I'll bet we can get him on possession of illegal paraphernalia as well.

The hell with these disrespectful thugs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

The shoplifting is a lesser included offense (misd) of strong arm robbery (class B felony).

The moment he used force against the clerk and walked out with the cigars it became a strong arm robbery.

As for the remainder of your post you will need a little thing called probable cause and a warrant to search the guys residence. Since there is no connection between the robbery and contact with the officer (aside from possibly inside the mind of the 2 suspects) it will be complicated as they are both considered separate crimes.

An autopsy will reveal if he was under the influence of a controlled substance. Those results might have a bearing on the encounter with the cop.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I know. I worked in law enforcement for a short while.

I'm just trying to get a point across to these misguided souls.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: PansophicalSynthesis

I know. I worked in law enforcement for a short while.

I'm just trying to get a point across to these misguided souls.

Fair enough..

carry on. I did not know you were in law enforcement also.

ETA -
The video shows his buddy walking out with him, cigars in hand. Since he didn't bother to stop the theft or report it, I think he should be charged.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PansophicalSynthesis

I do want to clarify something and I say this with all due respect (although if it offends I don't give a damn).

While you may be in / have been in law enforcement, I want to make it clear you are entitled to your opinions about other ethnicities. The use of the term monkey and black thug buddies in relation to a crime is, in my opinion, ignorant and asinine and is not needed. Law Enforcement has enough issues as it is without those terms being brought into the discussion by one individual who is former / current law enforcement.

I don't agree with the use of those terms and I think it reflects poorly on an individual who is suppose to represent all of society, and not just the light skinned members. Law Enforcement is not the judge and there is a reason we are not a part of the judicial branch.

A black person is not a criminal.
A white person is not a criminal.
A Hispanic person is not a criminal.
An Asian person is not a criminal.

A person who breaks the law is a criminal, regardless of the color of their skin / background / upbringing. Individuals like yourself with strong opinions on race should not be wearing the uniform.

It is not who we are nor what we represent and is nothing but a personal issue for you, minus the uniform. Your opinions do not represent other members of law enforcement and I ask the members to consider this when reading your posts.

(post by gorsestar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

His buddy had the cigars.. Some type of exchange occurred between the suspect and the clerk, at which point he reaches over the counter and grabs more cigars from the clerks area. Those ciagrs get dropped on the ground during the exchange with the clerk.

His buddy sets the cigars he was handed on the counter. The suspect then reaches to the floor and picks up more and starts to walk out. The clerk confronts him, the strong arming occurs, and he walks out with the cigars.

Watch the entire video.

Here is the full 4 minute video -

ETA I am not being a dick. What I am doing is providing the information media is removing from their end to push their agenda. If you want to investigate, you investigate it all. You don't stop watching a video at the point the encounter occurs. You watch from start to finish, and in this case, you missed the finish.

Please think before calling me a dick. I do this for a living.

(post by PansophicalSynthesis removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Just wanted to add one last thing about the video. If you pay close attention you'll notice that there appears to a third individual at the beginning of the video that comes into the scene. Another black individual wearing a white shirt. He seems to walk out without paying, also. I'm sure this isn't a random, isolated incident in this community.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Until ALL of the evidence is in, we should not assume the officer was a racist, any more than we should assume the young man was a thug. Sure, there are corrupt cops....but there some dangerous young men out there too. I am NOT taking one side or the other. But let's see what turns up. Before anyone says "oh the police department twists things around"....I would point out I hear from BOTH sides. I am very sad someone lost their life....but IF he committed a crime....WHETHER robbery or charging a cop, then he placed himself in a position for something bad to happen......and If the cop is a racist rogue cop, I hope he gets what is coming to him. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One more thing...I HATE the way they put pics up on the news from when he was 11....the dude was HUGE....grabbing that small shop owner. Maybe I wouldn't call the cops either for fear of when he got out.....just sayin.
edit on 8/16/2014 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: StealthyKat

Well his size certainly didn't matter when he was taken out of this world when surrendering with his hands up.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar What about Kelley Thomas ? Quit race baiting.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

When he shoves the shop owner as he attempts to lock the door, it becomes a robbery. Once that is established we can look at this in the context of all robberies and say, "Yes that is a fairly tame robbery." But the use of force makes it a robbery. Additionally, we don't know what he was saying to the store owner as he jawed at him in the 3rd and 4th stills release, but I would be surprised if there were no threats of physical violence. A threat of physical violence is at that point would be a separate assault charge, almost certainly misdemeanor assault but still.

The final thing I would point out is that while people point out that the officer was not aware of the robbery at the time of the shooting, Michael Brown and Dorian Johnson were both aware that they were coming from committing a felony. So if we are speculating as to which side to believe as to the occurrence and extent of a physical confrontation between Brown and the Officer, I would've called BS. No I would probably take the Officer's word at face value.

Finally, does all this justify nine shots and apparently some after Brown had raised his hands and given up? I still say no, but my confidence in Brown and outrage at the incident are starting to slip. I am certainly willing to let the investigation play out before calling for the Officer's head on a platter.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Having an accomplice made it aggravated robbery, which is a class 3 felony.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

It certainly would have mattered if he fought with the officer, and the officer could not subdue him (not saying that's what happened, but that's one version of the story) One version says his hands were up, one version says he ran at the officer...we were not there so we should not post these things as fact.
edit on 8/16/2014 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StealthyKat
As far as evidence goes, we have one report from the cop saying one thing, one report from the other dude saying another, then 2 other witnesses that don't back up either story 100%, but they did not see the attack and leaning in the car grabbing the cops gun out of his holster. And they did see him shot in the back, then shot a bunch more when his hands were up after the fact. I am still hoping the video clears it all up, and is released eventually.

I admit I am biased, I have had cops pull some BS on me, and straight up lie in court and win because it was my word against theirs, and their word has more value in the court system for some reason. I have been abused, intimidated, badmouthed by cops. I would expect more abuse from the gangbangers I lived by back in the day, but it was the cops always messing with me, more than a 20/1 ratio the cops were more aggressive than thugs.

edit on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 21:38:09 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dawgishly

Having an accomplice made it aggravated robbery, which is a class 3 felony.

MO does not have numeric felony levels. Because he used force to leave the store, its a strong arm robbery. A class B felony.

Unless you are referring to NCIC modifiers, although ive never heard it used in the manner you did if so,

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join