It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) - The friend who was with Michael Brown when he was shot and killed by a police officer near St. Louis over the weekend is reportedly confirming that he and Brown had taken part in the theft of cigars from a convenience store that day.

Attorney: Dorian Johnson confirms he was with Brown at store robbery

I would love to get all of the assumptions and conjectures of this case settled and over with as soon as possible.

It turns out that in deed Michael Brown was involved in the robbery of the convenient store. His accomplice has admitted to his own involvement. However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

I would love nothing more than to have our discussions on this matter aimed into the direction of the resulting peace that has been acquired through Ferguson residents that love their community and law enforcement that should be an example to the whole of our beautiful country.

It may seem as if I am approaching this thread at two different directions, but I am not. If this tragedy had not happened, this community at ATS along with Ferguson and other communities would not have seen nor experienced the amazing pictures of a community torn apart then brought back together with grace from none other than a law enforcement agency and a Governor I don't much like.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Let it be noted that Johnson informed the FBI of this in his initial interview and that he denies any part in the theft which is substantiated by the video and lack of charges.

My question is..

FPD would have us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting - Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet...as far as they supposedly knew, he was still a suspect or, at least an accomplice, accessory.

It's still not making sense. It seems like an unrelated incident, exposed in Johnson's original FBI statement. - is now being used as justification.

edit on 8/15/2014 by kosmicjack because: phone phingers ane clarity

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Of course he "admits" this now.

His name is in the police robbery report.

Here's a released police report.....

might help with names places etc.

Ferguson Police Department Incident Report

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Witness2008

Robbery seems such a strong word.
It evokes, to me, taking power from the shop owner, and taking control.

This looks more like shoplifting.
edit on 15-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
FPD would gave us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting Johnson wasn't arrested..

Thats a very good point!
Seems highly unlikely they'd shoot one thief and let the other walk away!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The only thing that I can come up with is that in fact the surveillance footage had not been seen. The two incidents hadn't been put together yet as Wilson had no idea Michael was involved in the robbery. They were so busy trying to head off the trouble they ended up getting.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

FPD would gave us believe Wilson realized they were suspects mid-encounter..but, following the shooting Johnson wasn't arrested..

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet....

Very strange indeed.

Johnson's name is in page 4 of the police report dated 8/9/2014.

And Johnson was talking it up pretty good a few days later on the news stations.

Unless of course, the released "official" police report is "edited" ??

Lot's of rumors going around too.....

My favorite is;

The "militarized" swat confrontations were actually a DHS training exercise !!

They had a few days to figure it out and I bet they gathered lots of "data" from the incidents the other night.

They did this to catch the organized instigators.

They probably did catch people and it is not reported.

Then all quiet the very next night. Very odd.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

While the cost of the item can be taken into account, the problem started when he used physical force to get past the store clerk. That action raised the crime from simple stealing to a strong arm robbery - A class B felony under MO law.

569.030. 1. A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree when he forcibly steals property.

2. Robbery in the second degree is a class B felony.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The other possibility being ignored is the 2 who committed the crime may very well have thought the police contact was in regards to the strong arm robbery and not walking in the middle of the street.

I will wager they attacked and tried to kill the cop because they thought he was looking at them for the robbery.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The other possibility being ignored is the 2 who committed the crime may very well have thought the police contact was in regards to the strong arm robbery and not walking in the middle of the street.

I will wager they attacked and tried to kill the cop because they thought he was looking at them for the robbery.

I bet you a thousand ats points your wrong

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

If you watch the store video to the end, you see the store own has confronted Brown and is trying to get his merchandise back, and prevent Brown from leaving the store. Brown physically grabs the store own and shoves him out of the way, then goes out the door.

That action makes it go from Shop Lifting to Strong Arm Robbery.

Did he deserve to be shot over it? Absolutely not.

As for his reaction to the cop, due to the short amount of time that had passed, I can only think that the reason Brown reacted the way he (alllegedly) did to the cop, is due to panic on his part (believing the store owner had called the cops).

If true, that makes this even more tragic really in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18290325]kosm I totally agree. If you look at the timeline.it seems to me that the incident at the store will now be used as a convenient excuse for this officer and may overshadow the even bigger problem at hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Unrelated to the shooting but still important to the chatacter of Brown. Maybe not the aspiring college student the media made him out to be. I did some dumb things in high school but i never assulted a woman store owner after stealing from her. For all we know his reputation could have been pretty bad in town and he may have had multiple runins with the police.

Either way he didnt deserve to die if he truely was unarmed with his hands up.

I do believe this has been spun by the media for ultimate racial afectiveness.

I hope all races can see we are being minipulated by the press an Gov and ban together to fight the real enemy of us all!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

However, Michael did not deserve to lose his life over 49.00 worth of cigars.

It's stupid to get into a situation where you lay your life on the line for $49.00 that much is true.

Sometimes it's not about the monetary value of the crime. If someone breaks into my house at night while we're sleeping and tries to steal a $500 TV and they get shot, it wasn't about the TV. It was because They broke into my dwelling while my family was sleeping with no regard to anyone, my privacy or how far I would go to protect my family.

Have you ever been the victim of a violent crime? The psychological ramifications go far beyond the actual crime. A guy holds a knife to your wife's throat and steals her purse and he gets killed it WAS NOT about the $100 in the purse.

I have not followed this crime scene that closely as I have a life and can't spend 23 hours a day worrying about one crime that happened across the country when there are thousands everyday happening.

From what I read a few days ago they said the dead guy attacked the police officer and fought with him in the car for the officers gun.....True or not I don't know. If he did then he deserved to get shot and killed....period.
If that's not how it happened then the truth should come out. I saw a picture of the dead guy and he is pretty large and would be a handful if you were fighting him.

If the cops were out of line I will be the first to admit it. I will NOT go out of my way to try and lynch the guy until there is proof he did wrong. I know it's cool to tar & feather cops these days but sometimes they are just doing a crappy job that is VERY hard and bad things happen. It makes it no easier when most people have zero respect for anyone in authority these days. You don't have to get on your knees and kiss their butts over every word they speak but the position should earn them some basic respect. You have NO IDEA what that job is like, it's easy too sit behind a keyboard and call the shots and "know" how every situation should have been handled.

It's a little different when your out on the streets in bad neighborhoods where people have no respect for you and could care less about killing you for no reason. They have mothers, kids and wives to go home to at the end of the day like everyone else.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I bet you a thousand ats points your wrong

I believe YOU are wrong, what he said makes sense.

You commit a robbery and later cops roll up on you......who wouldn't think it was about the robbery?!?!?

"Paranoia will destroy ya"

edit on 15-8-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

O.K. Strong armed robbery. I still don't understand how that deserves a death sentence with your hands in the air.

As to using the robbery as justification for the cop killing him would be pretty thin justification as the cop had no idea of the robbery.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Don't let that confrontation at the front door influence you at all, and the fact the shop owner left very quickly giving the idea he was frightened. Already the excuses start for bad people doing bad things. Maybe we should give people that act that way a pass so we don't over crowd the prisons. He clearly was a bully to the owner, the size disparity was glaring to say the least.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
While I would agree that the person should not have been shot. But if it was him that robbed the store, then it shows much on his character, and that he was not such the good person as he is being portrayed to be.

A good person does not go out and steal luxury items. No matter what his prospects could have been, it was wrong if he is guilty of such. I use the term if, because he is innocent until proven guilty. And there is more to this than what is also being stated, and how the law works.

The other aspect, and if it is true that he and his friend did indeed robbed the store, care to guess what is going to happen to his friend who was with him? He is going to get charged with manslaughter in this case, accessory to the robbery and do some jail time. So from this action, one person is dead and his friend is going to be going to jail for the man being shot. That is what people should be focusing on, not the death itself, but that his friend is going to pay the price, and get a far worse sentence than the officer who pulled the trigger, if it is determined that the 2 young kids were involved in the robbery.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Infowars Live Feed On Ustream

www.ustream.tv...

Some people just need to be....well, nevermind. smh

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Why? No one had reviewed the video yet....

Very strange indeed.

Johnson's name is in page 4 of the police report dated 8/9/2014.

And Johnson was talking it up pretty good a few days later on the news stations.

Unless of course, the released "official" police report is "edited" ??

Lot's of rumors going around too.....

My favorite is;

The "militarized" swat confrontations were actually a DHS training exercise !!

They had a few days to figure it out and I bet they gathered lots of "data" from the incidents the other night.

They did this to catch the organized instigators.

They probably did catch people and it is not reported.

Then all quiet the very next night. Very odd.

They looked like Blackwater guys to me. It could have been ugly in a hurry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join